Value of: Dominik Kubalik

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
With Hawks a dumpster fire on ice and with this years 1st likely going to Columbus (As last years + Boqvist did in Jones trade) the Hawks need to acquire assets for rebuilding around a core of Jones , Debrincat and Dach longterm

To me Kubalik is the most realistic piece to move and also the most valuable to net a quality trade package among players likely available

Just turned 26 yrs old before preseason and is RFA in offseason

Thoughts on value of Kubalik?

samsagat

Jun 20, 2013
If I was the Hawks, I would keep him.

He's not old and he's efficient in terms of production/$$.

Instead, they should move on from their veterans who were the core of their past successes: Kane, Toews and cie...

Just like TB did with Lecavalier and St-Louis, they then started to rebuild a new identity...

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
Canucks could use a big goal scoring winger. They can offer any prospect/pick really, because Kubalik is valuable for 5~ years. Prospects like Jurmo, Woo, Lockwood and 2nd/3rd rounders is up for grabs. Take Pearson too.

Kubalik isn't the type that deserves a 1st. Especially since he's up for a raise if he plays well.

Sinbad

Jun 22, 2018
Parts Unknown
Canucks could use a big goal scoring winger. They can offer any prospect/pick really, because Kubalik is valuable for 5~ years. Prospects like Jurmo, Woo, Lockwood and 2nd/3rd rounders is up for grabs. Take Pearson too.

Kubalik isn't the type that deserves a 1st. Especially since he's up for a raise if he plays well.

So if he plays well you would have a hard time giving him a raise!? If you think he will play well for your team then a 1st shouldn’t be too much to trade and a raise would be warranted. Especially if he “is valuable for 5 years”.

thesaadfather

Jan 30, 2014
Ohio

He’s a top six goalscorer, and he’s an RFA. He’s worth a 1st + pretty easily. Nothing you mentioned in your post is in the the same stratosphere of value.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Bevans

Apr 15, 2016
What the f***?

I wouldn't take that if I were the Hawks.

Kubalik as an RFA is an easy 1st +.
No need to take on a couple bodies to get it done.

For example I'd argue that kubalik is more valuable at deadline than Coleman was.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Devils really need a shooting forward for their league worst PP.
Holtz looks like he can be one but he is working on other parts of his game plus we need more than just Holtz.
What , if anything , would the Hawks want from NJ for Kubalik?
I always wanted him of Olofsson from the Sabres as a PP winger. Those two are relatively young and shouldn’t cost an insane amount of assets.

Bevans

Apr 15, 2016
I don’t see how Kulablik has more value than Coleman, but I’ll be honest I do not watch the Hawks regularly.

Hes younger than Coleman was at the time. RFA status is very valuable.

I'm the biggest Coleman fan you'll meet. But a 30 goal (pace) scorer with RFA status is more valuable.

East Coast Icestyle

Mar 6, 2015
Nova Scotia, Canada
I wouldn't take that if I were the Hawks.

Kubalik as an RFA is an easy 1st +.
No need to take on a couple bodies to get it done.

For example I'd argue that kubalik is more valuable at deadline than Coleman was.

Coleman was a ufa and Kubalik is an rfa. The intent with ANY team would be to resign him and given the cap landscape I'd think bodies would go the other way from literally every team that would want him.

Bevans

Apr 15, 2016
Coleman was a ufa and Kubalik is an rfa. The intent with ANY team would be to resign him and given the cap landscape I'd think bodies would go the other way from literally every team that would want him.

Then you gotta pay em to bury the bodies.

I think you'll find outside of Toronto that holl and Ritchie aren't particularly desirable.

Plus Hawks will be retaining salary which will require even more premium.

I think a 50% retained kubalik return would shock posters.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad