Confirmed with Link: Dominic Moore Re-signs with Rangers 2 years @ $1.5M per season

3rd Guy High

Feb 17, 2010
So why couldn't he give Moore a third year?? At this cap hit I'd like to see Moore around for 4 more years. Awesome character guy and a great 4th line player that can be plugged anywhere in the lineup when needed.

OverTheCap

Jan 3, 2009
Probably the best signing of the day thus far for the Rangers. Knowing that he will be centering the 4th line and anchoring the PK for the next 2 years is good news. Hopefully his play will remain steady regardless of who his linemates are...

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
So why couldn't he give Moore a third year?? At this cap hit I'd like to see Moore around for 4 more years. Awesome character guy and a great 4th line player that can be plugged anywhere in the lineup when needed.

Zero issue sticking to two years. Dom Moore has never been good when he's had job security.

MrEctions

Willy Nilly
Apr 24, 2007
Clinton, Ny
His agent said he had a better offer on the table and that Dom took less money to stay, gotta love it. Really didnt want him to go.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Great signing for the Rangers. Gives the team depth and a do it all utility player. Out of all of the UFAs he brought the most for the dollar value and I'm glad he was re-signed. Can play 4th or 3rd line center depending on need and that's what's valuable.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary
The thought that Moore would not be back had me more worried than anything else really, more than Stralman not signing. There are not many Dominic Moore types around, that guy just keeps proving it.

Well done Sather, and well done Dominic. We appreciate your wish to remain a New York Ranger!!

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Rangers heart and soul. Was so wrong about his initial signing. Glad to have him back.

SupersonicMonkey*

Lost in the Boyle/Glass mess of debate.

Welcome back (again) Dominic, very glad you are on board. Heart and soul guy.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
Annoyed by so much today I almost forget how much worse it would be if this didn't get done.

Also a great job by the Rangers to get the Moore and Glass deals at exactly the same moment, because if I were Moore and I knew Tanner Glass was getting 3 years over me, I would not be happy.

SupersonicMonkey*

Annoyed by so much today I almost forget how much worse it would be if this didn't get done.

Also a great job by the Rangers to get the Moore and Glass deals at exactly the same moment, because if I were Moore and I knew Tanner Glass was getting 3 years over me, I would not be happy.

Yeah, 2 Years for Moore and 3 for Glass makes no sense. That's Sather for you, seat of his pants. Never a clear, concise blueprint.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
I have a funny feeling that dorsett was dealt not just for the pick but it also made negotiating Glass and Moore easier.... Dorsett made more money than Moore and Glass... By sending him away Moore now makes the most money on the 4th line.. Not only gives Moore security, but also some command of that line in terms of salary

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad