Domi appreciation thread (is there one?)

ruaware41

Typical
Oct 22, 2019
With Domi you'll get the bad like some stupid penalties and the occasional breakdown, but you also get the good of chance creation and solid production

This team needs the trade-off because almost no one else is producing
Series would be over right now if we didn't have domi. I will probably stop watching as much if they don't bring him back. We don't win game 2 without domes

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
Buddy, shoot the puck or at least make it look like you might.

Nah you see he was selling pass the whole way, but he knew Swayman would think he was actually going to shoot, so he passed instead.

Unfortunately Swayman knew that Domi knew that Swayman knew that Domi...

... Well it worked well enough to confuse Bert anyway.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Yeah he was doing his Marner impression a few times tonight. Both need to shoot the puck a lot more often but Domi had a good game overall!
Excellent game over all.
Marner mostly gives the impression he may shoot and then passes, how Domi carries the puck in front of him he’s not selling a shot.

Reactions: arso40 and Kurtz

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Excellent game over all.
Marner mostly gives the impression he may shoot and then passes, how Domi carries the puck in front of him he’s not selling a shot.

Agreed Domi has been excellent! physical, excellent faceoffs, playing the difficult center position... and for just 3.5 million!

Not to mention look at his passing ability! Not sure who we can compare Domi top... if Marner is Gretzky what can you say Domi is if he was much more dangerous a passer this year? And with only a fraction of mins with the leagues best goal scorer!

Domi 5vs5:
36 assists
206 mins with Matthews

Marner 5vs5:
29 assists
720 mins with Matthews

Last edited:

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008
I think Domi earned a re-signing tonight depending on the cap hit. He's got a lot of utility being able to switch from wing to center on any of the top 9 lines, while also bringing grit. He's gotta work on his shot though cause he's way too predictable on 2 on 1 rushes where there's almost a zero percent chance he shoots it.

Reactions: arso40

ruaware41

Typical
Oct 22, 2019
Agreed Domi has been excellent! physical, excellent faceoffs, playing the difficult center position... and for just 3.5 million!

Not to mention look at his passing ability! Not sure who we can compare Domi top... if Marner is Gretzky what can you say Domi is if he was much more dangerous a passer this year? And with only a fraction of mins with the leagues best goal scorer!

Domi 5vs5:
36 assists
206 mins with Matthews

Marner 5vs5:
29 assists
720 mins with Matthews
Shhhh he's gonna be a Ufa soon don't give away too much lol

Goose

Apr 18, 2006

Domi 5vs5:
36 assists
206 mins with Matthews

Marner 5vs5:
29 assists
720 mins with Matthews

He said "if Marner is Gretzky"

Lawrdy lawrd what is happening.

Ducer

Jan 20, 2021
How many months did it take Keefe to finally put Domi at center during the season I thought he was a bust.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Domi will stay as long as Leafs wants him.
He just love being a Leafs and would mind the spotlight.
Bert will be interesting but love him to stay too.
Yeah I think a re-sign is inevitable. Lots of red flags in this guys career though, bouncing around from a bunch of teams.
Contract needs to be of shorter term to keep him hungry here.

I wanted no part of him but he’s turned out way better than I imagined. I definitely got that one wrong.

tuckerintensity

armed with will and determination
Jul 16, 2022
Yeah I think a re-sign is inevitable. Lots of red flags in this guys career though, bouncing around from a bunch of teams.
Contract needs to be of shorter term to keep him hungry here.

I wanted no part of him but he’s turned out way better than I imagined. I definitely got that one wrong.
I would also say that I don't think there was a long list of people wanting the re-sign after Game 4, either. He was hurting us at first, fine at other times, but nothing really great. Last night? He was very good. That Domi I'd like on my team all the time, though yes, dude needs to at least make it look like he's going to shoot. Especially when the 2 on 1 pass is so long that most goalies are getting across even if they are thinking he'll shoot.

Reactions: ACC1224

WillyC

Sep 7, 2018
I really want Max to finish his career in Toronto… He wants to win here and bleeds blue and white.

I hope they offer him a fair deal and don’t put an insulting offer as a take it or leave it deal.

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
Depending on cap hit he will be back. He plays better in big games and brings playoff Moxy, plus he hates Marchand.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
I would hope / assume that Treliving has already had conversations with Domi's camp about an extension - there should be serious consideration into bringing him back. The guy is a gamer, and he also speaks really well with the right sort of attitude; have really enjoyed his media avails during the playoffs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad