Does Toronto make it past the second round within the next two seasons?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Does Toronto make it past the second round within the next two seasons?

• Yes

Votes: 47 28.7%
  • No

Votes: 117 71.3%

• Total voters

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
I think once they trade one of the butter soft clowns they will be much better. That being said Tre is a moron so he will probably trade Nylander for Darnell Nurse.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
1st round exits is what's on the menu for them losers, for the pleasure of everyone

Years after years, it's like Christmas before Christmas

They'll have to blow that shit up in a couple of years anyway

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
Old man yells at cloud energy.

If Matthews and Marner continue to play at a high level, the leafs will be contending. Ultimately, it comes down to them to push through the playoffs (and Nylander since he just got paid all the money).
No one argues the Leafs will not be a strong regular season team.

But their recent post-season success (or lac thereof) is very telling.

I voted no, but miracles do happen.

My favorite team got to the SC Finals in 2021 after all, but I don't think the Leafs have
a Carey Price nor a Shea Weber.

SheldonJPlankton

Sponsor
Oct 30, 2006
With all the early spring practice the Leafs get, it should be possible.

A decent golfer can play 10 holes an hour. If the Leafs start early, they could easily be on their third round of golfing by noon.

SheldonJPlankton

Sponsor
Oct 30, 2006
No one argues the Leafs will not be a strong regular season team.

But their recent post-season success (or lac thereof) is very telling.

I voted no, but miracles do happen.

My favorite team got to the SC Finals in 2021 after all, but I don't think the Leafs have
a Carey Price nor a Shea Weber.
The Leafs did win the North Division that season.

No team is more of Cinderella than Toronto.

1000000483.gif

With further Fairy Bettman's love, you might see magic. Believe it or not...bibbidi-bobbidi-boo!

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
They'd rather have the names on the jerseys bringing in money I straddle of winning so no.

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
Since they have made it past the 2nd round only four times in their whole 107 year existence, changing the OP to "within the next two centuries" would be more applicable.
This is an insane stat.

For comparison, in the past five seasons, Dallas has made it past the second round three times, or 75% of what the Maple Leafs have accomplished in their entire existence.

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
This is an insane stat.

For comparison, in the past five seasons, Dallas has made it past the second round three times, or 75% of what the Maple Leafs have accomplished in their entire existence.

It gives you a pretty good idea of the Leafs' futility when even their Cup winning teams could not make it past the 2nd round.

• Haha
Reactions: byrath

Ace Card Bedard

Back in Black, Red, and White
Feb 11, 2012
I have nothing against the Leafs or their fans but it's just too comical to see them continue to lose in the 1st round (even better when it's in 7 games.)

Reactions: SheldonJPlankton

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
Since they have made it past the 2nd round only four times in their whole 107 year existence, changing the OP to "within the next two centuries" would be more applicable.
I'm aware you were going for a cheap joke, but 3rd+ rounds only exist since 1968.

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
I don’t think so. They’re not out west so they don’t get cupcake matchups, play Boston, Tampa and Florida in the first round, they’ll likely get by Tampa, Boston is a coin flip at best and Florida is a definite no.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad