Does our 5th pick play NHL for the Habs next season?

Who do you feel has the best shot at playing in the NHL next season?

• Demidov

• Lindstrom

• Any one of those D

• Iginla

• Catton

• Sennecke

• None of the above

Results are only viewable after voting.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Who do you feel has the best shot at playing in the NHL next season? Does any fan expect our 5th pick to play NHL for us next year?

* Demidov has 1 KHL season left.

* Lindstrom might be physically ready but what about pro maturity? I would have him play one more CHL season and world juniors

* Any guy from that D list. I think they should all be managed like Power.

* Iggy, Catton, Sennecke. I think all 3 should also play one more CHL season with world juniors.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
There's absolutely no reason for anyone we pick at #5 to be playing with our club during this upcoming season.

I would agree on this but I also thought that with KK. I hope we allow whoever we pick to develop in piece. Gain momentum/confidence the right way.

If Demidov didn't have a KHL contract, he would be probably be playing NHL. More about not wanting any Russian team to try to convince him to stay. Curious to see if Michkov can get out of his contract.

HomeAndHome

All aboard the Lane train! WooWoo
Mar 10, 2017
London, ON
I personally don't see any draftees as ready to make the jump this year except Celebrini. Maybe Silayev or Iginla would have the 'best shot' at making it, but they could definitely marinate a little longer in their respective leagues and focus on developing their game.

Little surprised to see Lindstrom have a few votes after missing so much time last year.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Who do you feel has the best shot at playing in the NHL next season? Does any fan expect our 5th pick to play NHL for us next year?

* Lindstrom might be physically ready but what about pro maturity? I would have him play one more CHL season and world juniors

* Iggy, Catton, Sennecke. I think all 3 should also play one more CHL season with world juniors.
Only draftee making the jump next season is Celebrini

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I expect only Celebrini to make the jump, but I wouldn't be entirely surprised if Levshunov goes pro. Buium and Dickinson will probably be in NHL next season.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I personally don't see any draftees as ready to make the jump this year except Celebrini. Maybe Silayev or Iginla would have the 'best shot' at making it, but they could definitely marinate a little longer in their respective leagues and focus on developing their game.

Little surprised to see Lindstrom have a few votes after missing so much time last year.

I would say Silayev has a shot but no way Iggy should be bumped forward that quickly. He is still young and only turns 18 in Aug. I'm a big Iggy fan but I would actually prefer him to play 2 more development years. Let him fill in more and dominate before he is inserted. We already have too much learning on the Job for our roster.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Funny enough it sounds like he has already told San Jose he wants to do another year of college.

First I hear of this. If so, good for Celebrini! It's not easy to jump in right away and produce. Ask Hughes, Lafreniere, and Slaf.

That will help the Sharks tank next season.

Won't matter. He's not going to move the needle even if he plays in the NHL at age 18. Hawks still got the 2nd pick with Bedard playing and the Sharks have an equally bad roster.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
First I hear of this. If so, good for Celebrini! It's not easy to jump in right away and produce. Ask Hughes, Lafreniere, and Slaf.

Won't matter. He's not going to move the needle even if he plays in the NHL at age 18. Hawks still got the 2nd pick with Bedard playing and the Sharks have an equally bad roster.

I just re read the original report. It more so said he wasn't sure if he was ready to turn pro or not.

And the article I read was click bait-ified.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Habs

Always cheerful, happy and pleasant.
Feb 28, 2002
One of the D could make the jump to a bad team, I could see the Sens picking a kid and rushing him to that garbage franchise

Trabdy2

Nov 30, 2018
I have pretty big doubts about all of them, but I could see Dickinson and Iginla getting hard looks at training camp with whichever team drafts them, and they may play some NHL games before being sent back down to the CHL.

Maybe Silayev - what's his contract status?

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
Out of the D, I think Buium and Levshunov would have the best chance, although I still doubt it happens for either, regardless of what team takes them. I don’t see any of the forwards playing in the NHL next year.

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
I would agree on this but I also thought that with KK. I hope we allow whoever we pick to develop in piece. Gain momentum/confidence the right way.

If Demidov didn't have a KHL contract, he would be probably be playing NHL. More about not wanting any Russian team to try to convince him to stay. Curious to see if Michkov can get out of his contract.
Wasn’t he just playing in the MHL? In Russia? How do you think he makes the jump to NHL in 1 year? In no world is that happening.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Wasn’t he just playing in the MHL? In Russia? How do you think he makes the jump to NHL in 1 year? In no world is that happening.

If Demidov didn't have one year left in the KHL, I think any team who drafted him, would want him to make the trip over seas now. Manage him on their own vs risking Russian influence at trying to convince him to stay.

I know what you mean in terms of MHL to NHL. I agree. But it's deeper than this and the NHL team will want him to sign ASAP

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site

Not sure which guy gets drafted, I really want a forward............................as most do.
That said I think it's unlikely our pick plays, but would love for the kid to steal the show at camp and play his way on to the team!!
More than likely back to dominate his Jr year............but would love to be wrong.

Funny enough it sounds like he has already told San Jose he wants to do another year of college.
Makes sense............he also probably doesn't want to be on a team that loses 50 games either.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Slovakia vs Romania
    Slovakia vs Romania
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,600.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ukraine vs Belgium
    Ukraine vs Belgium
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,770.00