Does Montreal make the playoffs in 2021-2022?

• Total voters

BushFireRecordsRedux

I'm a Dapper Dan man
Sep 10, 2018
Carey needs to at least find a happy medium between playoff Carey and the regular season Carey we saw this season. Even if he's simply good, they're a good team. They added some *much* needed insta-scoring with Caufield.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
It’s a coin flip tbh given the Division they are in. With a healthy Price I think they make it.
I was a huge doubter in every series they’ve played that they could sustain this type of intense play throughout the whole playoffs. But they’ve proven me wrong. Every single member of that team is playing their hearts out and they’re getting contributions and buy in from everyone. And they’ve added some high end skill with young players like Caufield and Suzuki. I’ve given up betting against them so I’ll say they make it.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
i'd lean towards no but I guess you never know with injuries player development etc

they definitely wouldn't have made it this year in anything resembling a normal year though that much is for sure
In a normal year they wouldn’t have had been hit with Covid and have had to play so many games in such a short stretch. So you can’t say they definitely would not have made it.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Carey needs to at least find a happy medium between playoff Carey and the regular season Carey we saw this season. Even if he's simply good, they're a good team. They added some *much* needed insta-scoring with Caufield.

It’s mostly on Price. If he’s good, they will probably make it. There are 8 spots. Teams 7 or 8 are usually not that good. If he’s bad once again, they won’t. They don’t have the scoring to overcome bad goaltending.

OvieGreat8

Apr 17, 2021
This would not be a surprise at all similar to Dallas last year except Dallas was better and was hard to catch up in the short season.

TB
Bos
Tor
Fla

Wash
Pit
NYI
Phi
Car
NYR

There's no room for them anywhere in a true Conference format.

Would be a bigger accomplishment for them to make the playoffs next year than making the Cup final this year.
Will be interesting to see the odds come out.

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
It's true that in a normal season where divisions and conferences were like 2019 they wouldn't have made the playoffs this year or last for that matter, but they've improved their team and as long as Price stays healthy they should make the playoffs next year.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
lol, here we go again

While you're at it OP - did you want to call out how Habs making the finals this year is objectively awful for the league too?

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
how original of a topic... keep it coming, haters

Fact of the matter is they made the playoffs and disposed of 3 great teams and offenses in a BEST OF 7. So quit your whining and enjoy the game.

Sad that you call yourselves hockey fans. Youre all just jealous haters and wish your team was in their place.

Better luck next year! Move on.

Last edited:

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
It'll be tough for sure, the east is more stacked than ever. However with continued progress from Suzuki, Kotkaniemi, Caufield, Romanov and co it is possible.

With that said teams can all say similar things to that. A lot depends on what happens with Danault, they need to be aggressive come the offseason, Price/Petry/Weber/Gallagher aren't getting any younger.

OvieGreat8

Apr 17, 2021
how original of a topic... keep it coming, haters

Fact of the matter is they made the playoffs and disposed of 3 great teams and offenses in a BEST OF 7. So quit your whining and enjoy the game.

Sad that you call yourselves hockey fans. Youre all just jealous haters and wish your team was in their place.

Better luck next year! Move on.

They beat two crappy Canadian teams and an expansion team that has been playing over their heads for a long time.
Tampa will be a first true test.

We'll see how that works out.

Anyone can beat anyone in the NHL. Can probably put an AHL team in and they could get on a run too.

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
They beat two crappy Canadian teams and an expansion team that has been playing over their heads for a long time.
Tampa will be a first true test.

We'll see how that works out.

Anyone can beat anyone in the NHL. Can probably put an AHL team in and they could get on a run too.
"crappy teams".... yeah you know your hockey, bud.

TOR and WPG have some of the best offenses in the game last I checked, and Hellebuyck won the Vezina last year.

And the fact that you claim Vegas is just an "expansion team playing over their heads" is proof of how clueless you are. I mean are you even watching the Habs games, or just riding the hate the Habs wagon cus youre sour that your team is eliminated? Yeah thats what I thought.

"Can probably put an AHL team in and they could get on a run too"..... probably the dumbest thing Ive seen on here in years.

GO post your garbage opinion on some other board.

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
It'll be tough for sure, the east is more stacked than ever. However with continued progress from Suzuki, Kotkaniemi, Caufield, Romanov and co it is possible.

With that said teams can all say similar things to that. A lot depends on what happens with Danault, they need to be aggressive come the offseason, Price/Petry/Weber/Gallagher aren't getting any younger.
I think Evans will replace Danault well if hes leaves, had a very good rookie season and can only get better.

Gallagher is only 29, injuries are always a concern, but hes still in his prime. Question is how good will he be in 4-5 years.

I am curious what they will choose to do with the Tatar and Danault money, and will they trade Drouin? although MB has to keep some for Suzuki and KK. Eventually Romanov and CC.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
I think Evans will replace Danault well if hes leaves, had a very good rookie season and can only get better.

Gallagher is only 29, injuries are always a concern, but hes still in his prime. Question is how good will he be in 4-5 years.

I am curious what they will choose to do with the Tatar and Danault money, and will they trade Drouin? although MB has to keep some for Suzuki and KK. Eventually Romanov and CC.

Evans seems like a good young player, but replacing Danault will be tough. He's arguably the best defensive player in the league.

I could see them moving on from both TT and Drouin. Not sure how it would work but if they lose Danault, getting RNH could be a nice get. I still have a soft spot for Drouin from his Halifax/MacKinnon days, but it seems like he has other issues going on besides hockey.

I find Montreal hard to gauge, they're a weird collection of players that just seems to work.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad