Does Marner get Boo’d?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Does Marner get Boo’d at home games?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
some one check on marner LMAO :laugh:

GXTeNQiWcAAMFkf
I dont think you will see this guy falling for the "he cares too much" bull@$$^ while Marner is floating around open spaces. He cares too much, but doesnt put the time in the gym and avoids all physical play? Yeah, a former NHL enforcer isnt gonna be sympathetic. And Berube isnt gonna care about his feelings if he needs to bench him either. And it will be longer than one shift.

My bet is Marner will actually start playing in the physical areas as a result too.

Reactions: PromisedLand

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
It was in Carreer stats and didn't took a random 6 year for no reason..and last 3 but go ahead to give a sample with enougj game played
just like thwt

against opposite top 6
nylander
2024 1 goal for-1 against 68 % of ice time
2023 3 goal for vs 10 against in 58%
2022 1-1 63% of time

5 goal for 12 against 63% against top 6

Marner
2024 2-2 gf/ga 83% against top 6
2023 6-4 77 % against top 6
2022 3-2 81% against top

11-8 playing an average of 80% against top 6
So you just happened to pick 3 years as being a good sample? The fact that is was the only one of the six possible choices that supported your viewpoint while the other five completely disproved it was purely accidental? :laugh:

I don't think anyone here buys that.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
So he is one of the best players in the league.
How many team or individual awards has he won.
How many records has he set……
I will wait

This is your original quote.

You take everything to the absurd, as sure sign that you are losing the debate, nobody said all it takes to be elite is to win awards, they are a measure of excellence but not the only one. Another one is a player elevating himself in the playoffs, something your boy Marner has never done. It’s almost impossible to have a conversation with you. Your blind love of all things Dubas is just that, blind

Then you say "you take everything to the absurd"

You made a dumb comment, I pointed out that it was dumb, you got upset.

Being one of the best in the league doesn't require an award or records, you stated it does, and that is absurd.

Reactions: francis246

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Babs shouldn't have done what he did. Marner should have dealt with it privately and not turned it into a worldwide drama bomb.

I would have moved from both for that reason. Two wrongs don't make a right. As a result we had endure a yes man coach that allowed the team to play in stat padding track meets all season long. For years they played trashy regular season hockey but the kids contracts got bigger and they were happier I think.

Mitch the Snitch

where are you getting your information from? The vets went to management about what Babcock did. Babcock's antics were not leaked by anyone until after he was fired, which was THREE YEARS LATER. So what the hell are you talking about man? Marner's camp and the leafs did deal with it Privately. The incident happened in his rookie season, no one knew about the list story in 2016/17.

Babcock was fired because of a number of things, the marner situation wasn't even something that got him fired. The #1 thing was his under usage of Matthews. Matthews tuned him out and that was the beginning of the end for Babcock. I don't know why you're blaming Marner lmao. Babcock had to fly to Arizona to try and mend things with Auston, very few players liked Babcock, the entire roster wanted him gone and so did everyone in the leafs organization lol.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
where are you getting your information from? The vets went to management about what Babcock did. Babcock's antics were not leaked by anyone until after he was fired, which was THREE YEARS LATER. So what the hell are you talking about man? Marner's camp and the leafs did deal with it Privately. The incident happened in his rookie season, no one knew about the list story in 2016/17.

Babcock was fired because of a number of things, the marner situation wasn't even something that got him fired. The #1 thing was his under usage of Matthews. Matthews tuned him out and that was the beginning of the end for Babcock. I don't know why you're blaming Marner lmao. Babcock had to fly to Arizona to try and mend things with Auston, very few players liked Babcock, the entire roster wanted him gone and so did everyone in the leafs organization lol.

The whole team under ring leader Marner who speaks through the media constantly. Like it or hate it they took over that room and installed a timid squirrel brained coach.

Guess who has a better playoff record %. Babcock. Not MMs no accountability piss and moan throw your gloves and fire the puck out of the rink maple leafs.

I bet they get upset at Berube in short order. Because the love to cry more than win.

• Haha
Reactions: francis246

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
The whole team under ring leader Marner who speaks through the media constantly. Like it or hate it they took over that room and installed a timid squirrel brained coach.

Guess who has a better playoff record %. Babcock. Not MMs no accountability piss and moan throw your gloves and fire the puck out of the rink maple leafs.

I bet they get upset at Berube in short order. Because the love to cry more than win.

you are so out to lunch it doesn’t even make sense. QHonestly stop making shit up. Your points have been all over the place. None of what you’ve said is remotely close to being true or lines up with real life sequences.

Marner: 'It was surprising' Babcock shared work effort list - TSN.ca

2019 was the first time Marner ever spoke publicly about Mike Babcock and the list situation. The incident was dealt with privately. Babcock was already fired. So how did Marner go to the media to get Babcock fired?

Additionally to make matters worse Mike Babcock did this shit during the fathers trip, so I don’t blame Paul for being pissed off during the organization. Babcock is an asshole.

Reactions: ACC1224

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
You take everything to the absurd, as sure sign that you are losing the debate, nobody said all it takes to be elite is to win awards, they are a measure of excellence but not the only one. Another one is a player elevating himself in the playoffs, something your boy Marner has never done. It’s almost impossible to have a conversation with you. Your blind love of all things Dubas is just that, blind

You can’t be calling someone out for using the words that you said and forming a point lol. You’re take had holes in it and you opened Pandora’s box by making a statement by saying you’re not elite if you can’t win awards. Many of the players you and others deem as elite have not won a single individual award (Tkachuk being one of them). In this circumstance I don’t see how he took it to the absurd, he’s using the criteria you very clearly outlined to establish your position.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
you are so out to lunch it doesn’t even make sense. QHonestly stop making shit up. Your points have been all over the place. None of what you’ve said is remotely close to being true or lines up with real life sequences.

2019 was the first time Marner ever spoke publicly about Mike Babcock and the list situation. The incident was dealt with privately. Babcock was already fired. So how did Marner go to the media to get Babcock fired?

Additionally to make matters worse Mike Babcock did this shit during the fathers trip, so I don’t blame Paul for being pissed off during the organization. Babcock is an asshole.

Ok well we'll see what happens this season. I don't think Marner is going to do well. I am legit concerned that this whole core wont perform what a stern coach wants them to.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Ok well we'll see what happens this season. I don't think Marner is going to do well. I am legit concerned that this whole core wont perform what a stern coach wants them to.

The only thing that should matter is these guys getting it done in the playoffs and playing playoff style hockey throughout the year. Even if they take point reductions but play more structured hockey that’s a win for us as fans.

As for Marner, we all know he going to have a career year this year. It’s a contract year for him, he’s gonna play unreal to try and do what Willy did. We’ll see if the organization gives him a massive deal. I don’t foresee a mid season extension coming regardless of how well he plays tbh.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
I dont think you will see this guy falling for the "he cares too much" bull@$$^ while Marner is floating around open spaces. He cares too much, but doesnt put the time in the gym and avoids all physical play? Yeah, a former NHL enforcer isnt gonna be sympathetic. And Berube isnt gonna care about his feelings if he needs to bench him either. And it will be longer than one shift.

My bet is Marner will actually start playing in the physical areas as a result too.
Does this sound like a team concept Marner or 34/88 will thrive under?

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
You can’t be calling someone out for using the words that you said and forming a point lol. You’re take had holes in it and you opened Pandora’s box by making a statement by saying you’re not elite if you can’t win awards. Many of the players you and others deem as elite have not won a single individual award (Tkachuk being one of them). In this circumstance I don’t see how he took it to the absurd, he’s using the criteria you very clearly outlined to establish your position.

At the end of the day they need to win and he needs to put it on the line and stop playing scared. This is what AI has to say.

Is Mitch Marner Overpaid?

To determine whether Mitch Marner is overpaid, we need to analyze several factors, including his performance statistics, contract details, and comparisons with other players in the NHL.

1. Contract Details: Mitch Marner signed a six-year contract worth $10.9 million per year in 2019. This contract places him among the higher-paid players in the league. However, it is essential to consider how his performance aligns with this salary compared to other elite players.

2. Performance Statistics: Since signing his contract, Marner has played 576 games, scoring 194 goals and providing 445 assists for a total of 639 points. This results in an average of approximately 1.11 points per game (PPG). When comparing his playoff performance since signing the deal, he has played 37 games with 33 points (6 goals and 27 assists), which translates to a PPG of approximately 0.89.

In contrast, other players who signed similar contracts during that time frame have had different levels of success:

Brayden Point has a PPG of approximately 1.06 in playoffs and has won two Stanley Cups.
Mikko Rantanen boasts a PPG of around 1.37 in playoffs and has one Stanley Cup.
These comparisons highlight that while Marner is productive during regular seasons, his playoff performance does not match up favorably against some peers who have achieved greater success in postseason play.

3. Market Value Considerations: The information provided suggests that Marner’s market value on an extension may be less than what he currently earns ($10.9 million). If he were to enter free agency, he might seek more lucrative offers based on his potential as a player rather than just past performance metrics.

4. Team Context: Marner’s contributions are also contextualized within the Toronto Maple Leafs’ roster dynamics. The team has faced challenges in the playoffs due to injuries and management decisions that may have impacted overall team success rather than solely individual performances.

5. Conclusion: Given these factors—his high salary relative to playoff production compared to peers and potential market value—it can be argued that Mitch Marner is overpaid, especially when considering how much other players with similar or better playoff performances are earning or would command on the open market.

Best part. Worth less on am extension than he is paid now.

Same AI doing Nylander....the last part.

In summary:

Performance: Rising star status with impressive statistics.

Contract Context: Competitive salary relative to peers but raises questions about team success.

Comparative Analysis: High salaries do not guarantee championships; other teams manage better under different financial structures.

Ultimately, if Nylander can maintain or improve upon his current output while contributing positively to team dynamics and playoff success, then his contract will likely be viewed as a sound investment rather than an overpayment.

Last edited:

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

Lost count at how many things that group has made up, really shows how weak their understanding of the game, how it works and the entire situation is.
If they'd stick to the truth they'd be taken a little more seriously.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Marner will have a career year....people on here will have to eat their words.
Are you predicting regular season, or playoffs?
Being one of the best in the league doesn't require an award or records, you stated it does, and that is absurd.
If you want to know who the best players are, look at voting results for the Hart/Lindsay trophies. I looked at this some time ago so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong but IIRC, Marner hardly ever gets any votes at all and that's just one more reason why I laugh whenever someone says Marner is the best player on our team - Matthews not only gets votes, he gets so many of them that he's actually won these awards.

Matthews is one of the best players in the league, Marner is not. Period.

Reactions: rumman and thewave

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Matthews is one of the best players in the league, Marner is not. Period.
People complicate things.

The reality is this simple.

It's time for every person making over 10 AAV to drive their own line, with the exception of JT.

the 1,2,3 C are: AM34, WN99, MM16. JT is MM16's winger. JT can take the draws if you so wish.

Let's see how well you drive play.

JT and MM lead PP2.

We roll 3 equal lines. Play proper structured hockey. Anyone blowing the D zone early sits one game.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
At the end of the day they need to win and he needs to put it on the line and stop playing scared. This is what AI has to say.

To determine whether Mitch Marner is overpaid, we need to analyze several factors, including his performance statistics, contract details, and comparisons with other players in the NHL.

1. Contract Details: Mitch Marner signed a six-year contract worth $10.9 million per year in 2019. This contract places him among the higher-paid players in the league. However, it is essential to consider how his performance aligns with this salary compared to other elite players.

2. Performance Statistics: Since signing his contract, Marner has played 576 games, scoring 194 goals and providing 445 assists for a total of 639 points. This results in an average of approximately 1.11 points per game (PPG). When comparing his playoff performance since signing the deal, he has played 37 games with 33 points (6 goals and 27 assists), which translates to a PPG of approximately 0.89.

In contrast, other players who signed similar contracts during that time frame have had different levels of success:

Brayden Point has a PPG of approximately 1.06 in playoffs and has won two Stanley Cups.
These comparisons highlight that while Marner is productive during regular seasons, his playoff performance does not match up favorably against some peers who have achieved greater success in postseason play.

3. Market Value Considerations: The information provided suggests that Marner’s market value on an extension may be less than what he currently earns ($10.9 million). If he were to enter free agency, he might seek more lucrative offers based on his potential as a player rather than just past performance metrics.

4. Team Context: Marner’s contributions are also contextualized within the Toronto Maple Leafs’ roster dynamics. The team has faced challenges in the playoffs due to injuries and management decisions that may have impacted overall team success rather than solely individual performances.

5. Conclusion: Given these factors—his high salary relative to playoff production compared to peers and potential market value—it can be argued that Mitch Marner is overpaid, especially when considering how much other players with similar or better playoff performances are earning or would command on the open market.

In summary:

Contract Context: Competitive salary relative to peers but raises questions about team success.

Comparative Analysis: High salaries do not guarantee championships; other teams manage better under different financial structures.

Ultimately, if Nylander can maintain or improve upon his current output while contributing positively to team dynamics and playoff success, then his contract will likely be viewed as a sound investment rather than an overpayment.
Interesting. I'm a bit surprised as to how bang on all this seems to me, AI getting better all the time (which is not surprising).

This is my favorite part. Geez Louise, I hope we're not the ones who decide paying him zillions for the next 8 years is a good idea because ... wait for it ... the kid has potential! :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

If he were to enter free agency, he might seek more lucrative offers based on his potential as a player rather than just past performance metrics

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
People complicate things.

The reality is this simple.

It's time for every person making over 10 AAV to drive their own line, with the exception of JT.

the 1,2,3 C are: AM34, WN99, MM16. JT is MM16's winger. JT can take the draws if you so wish.

Let's see how well you drive play.

JT and MM lead PP2.

We roll 3 equal lines. Play proper structured hockey. Anyone blowing the D zone early sits one game.

Marner can't do it. He lacks the speed and body to drive a line. He can make a pass. Excellent passes but sometimes too risky for my liking.

Arzak

Mar 27, 2019
Let's hash out a bet.
What are you predicting ? I need some numbers.

That's easy, they'll yet again predict 100 point, mark he is yet to achieve.

Fun fact, all his supposed comparables achieved 100 points and or 50 goal mark, that's why we can compare them to this super elite PK unicorn homeboy.

It's hilarious to watch.

He should be compared to other 100 point pacers- players that never reached 100 point mark despite being paid $11M as RFA (hi Kyle). But we keep comparing him to players classes above Mitch :sarcasm:

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
So you just happened to pick 3 years as being a good sample? The fact that is was the only one of the six possible choices that supported your viewpoint while the other five completely disproved it was purely accidental? :laugh:

I don't think anyone here buys that.

if you're considerating 3 year ago like too far away of right now, We can take only last 2 playoff to have at least more than 7 game

p/60
marner 1,84
matthews 1,73
nylander 1,72

primary pts
Marner 1,84
matthews 1,51
Nylander 1,21

playing 80% against top 6 for marner
73% for Matthews
61% for Nylander

vs last 3
p/60
matthews 2,36
marner 2,18
Nylander 1,66

primary pts
marner 2,02
matthews 1,73
Nylander 1,10

francis246

Nov 16, 2007

In summary:

None of that I’m disputing really. Though, point number 4. Interesting that AI brings that up, but we are told those just excuses.

I think anyone can see point 4 is just as important as any of the other points. Management decisions (even more so than injuries) have played a large part in the lack of success. Poor Management decisions in combination with dropped performance in the playoffs by our stars is a nasty recipe for disaster and failure.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
None of that I’m disputing really. Though, point number 4. Interesting that AI brings that up, but we are told those just excuses.

I think anyone can see point 4 is just as important as any of the other points. Management decisions (even more so than injuries) have played a large part in the lack of success. Poor Management decisions in combination with dropped performance in the playoffs by our stars is a nasty recipe for disaster and failure.
Wonder what it thinks of the other two?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad