Does Marner get Boo’d?

Does Marner get Boo’d at home games?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
So your okay with what the foursome of World Junior players are accused of doing? It didn’t happen on the ice, asking for a friend…….

LOL are you dense? How do you go from a statement saying “nothing Marner does off the ice” to the world juniors issue? We are talking SPECIFICALLY ABOUT MARNER. He is not involved in that. Stay on topic. I don’t even know why you’re bringing that in to the discussion.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
You have the audacity to paint Hockey players getting paid millions and being booed with them? I love this place and how tone def it can be. So what if he gets booed or called an ass or whatever. Its life.
Of all the things to wave your social justice flag about you pick hockey players being paid millions of dollars.

What a f***ing world eh?

Enniskillen

Jan 16, 2021
I’m a blue collar guy. Marners attitude in the media is tiresome. He’s never the problem. “We had the looks”, “unlucky”, “the bounces didn’t go our way”. It’s annoying to listen too and not relatable for people who never get “bounces” in life.

This guys has never appeared to get uncomfortable for team success. Never take a hit to make a play. Nothing. I can remember his blocked shot years ago against Washington(?) In the playoffs. That’s the last time he put the team before himself.
That was before he signed the contract. After that give a shit meter broke down completely.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
WTF do you seriously think an agent is hired for :laugh: :laugh:?

Yeah they have to listen to the player, who's paying them, the tooth fairy?
If you wish to believe that the player is telling the agent every single word they say to the press during a negotiation that’s up to you.

Reactions: ErnieLeafs

hurdemz

Tub thumpin'
Jul 15, 2022
Ssm, ON
Not as garbage as Marner's post season play!

If he was being paid 9mil I have less issues with him. Saying, “Matthews is the only comparable” in contract demand opens the door up for massive criticism when he’s nowhere near the player Matthews is.
You sound like a jealous 8 year old. You idiots start booing your own team on home ice and there will be ZERO star players wanting to sign with the leafs. It's fans like this that make Toronto unbearable to play in.

Should be happy a player of this caliber plays on the leafs. I don't know about you but I remember the nick antropov days.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
LOL are you dense? How do you go from a statement saying “nothing Marner does off the ice” to the world juniors issue? We are talking SPECIFICALLY ABOUT MARNER. He is not involved in that. Stay on topic. I don’t even know why you’re bringing that in to the discussion.
Just to point out off ice behaviour is relevant, like Mathews dropping his pants a ogling some female, not a good look at best. These clowns a professional athletes, they’re held to account for their public behaviour. Once again zero principles on display, judge not least ye be judged……..

Also Babs is not the current coach of the Leafs too.
Doesn’t matter, is it okay to boo Marner once he’s on another team? No principles in the world today……..

57 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
I see your point, but you have to know your audience: HF.

3 elements exist in this culture:

1. Pure Cheerleader Mode - loves anyone who ever wore the blue and white. Refuses to be critical at all.

2. Unhealthy Hatred of all things TOR. It seems to be everywhere, and I also believe it's a national past-time. I think the leaf fans that have been around here for a while have had enough, and I don't blame them.

3. Dubas Robots- there are a few left. They have good intentions, but they generally protect anything that once had KD's fingerprints on them.

By all means. Go to the games and boo Marner. It's your right as a fan.
How about 4) Rational fans that realize the shortcomings and want to make changes to win the Stanley Cup?

57 Years No Cup

Nov 12, 2007
Nobody's saying you CAN'T. You absolutely can. That doesn't mean you aren't an classless idiot for doing so, however.
You fancy yourself as the leader of the Tone Police. Sorry, that mantle already belongs to another poster, AC/DC.

Sorry your OHL stardom didn't pan out in the NHL, Ernie.

Times have changed from when Murphy was booed.

The cap has put restraints on how GM’s can build and adjust their team. If you demand the moon and simply don’t produce, you deserve criticism. Simple as that.

It certainly doesn’t mean you’re a classless idiot for booing someone - you seem overly sensitive about booing, why?
I know why, but I can't say it directly.

Reactions: IPS

57 Years No Cup

Nov 12, 2007
Clam down bud. You seem personally hurt by this. This is a simple discussion on a fan board.

What hurts the team more is running the same, sad-sack group back over and over. It results in less fan engagement and is horrible for the brand overall. What young kid getting into hockey would sign up to support that?

If management is actively looking to move him and he “wants to stay” because of selfish reasons - he deserves whatever criticism comes his way. That’s how the real world works. That’s reality, whether you like it or not.
The more Ernie runs his yap, the more certain I become that I know who he his. Trust me, Mitchy's entitlement attitude PALES when compared to Ernie's.

Last edited:
Reactions: ToneDog and IPS

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Just to point out off ice behaviour is relevant, like Mathews dropping his pants a ogling some female, not a good look at best. These clowns a professional athletes, they’re held to account for their public behaviour. Once again zero principles on display, judge not least ye be judged……..

Doesn’t matter, is it okay to boo Marner once he’s on another team? No principles in the world today……..
Ofcourse it is okay to boo other teams players.

That’s part of being a sports fans

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
Wow, you know the conversation has gone downhill when people start throwing out terms like “woke” social justice and PC to dismiss opinions they don’t like………

Reactions: Mr_Fun

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Most of Leaf nation is nothing like this board, and they actually appreciate the quality of player Marner is, but there's always one guy in a crowd doing something stupid.

Bust

Jul 28, 2016
Most of Leaf nation is nothing like this board, and they actually appreciate the quality of player Marner is, but there's always one guy in a crowd doing something stupid.

I don’t think it has anything to do with appreciating Marner as a player.

I think there’s a subset of the fanbase that has conflict with the results vs cost.

Marner is a great player overall, just costs way to much vs what he provides in the playoffs in this market.

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
i voted no.

SHOULD he get boo'd? yes

WILL he get boo'd? no the sba will be a silent morgue as always

I usually attend one game a year so I'll be sure to have my vocal chords well rested for that one. gonna boo him loudly. might hiss at him too. throw a waffle or two.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
You fancy yourself as the leader of the Tone Police. Sorry, that mantle already belongs to another poster, AC/DC.

Sorry your OHL stardom didn't pan out in the NHL, Ernie.

I know why, but I can't say it directly.
Go on. Why hold your tongue?

You've been wrongly building strawmen to try to battle your lack of sense all thread. Don't stop now... lol

• Haha
Reactions: ACC1224

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Marner ate up the cap for his own night rider car (jacked) perhaps Empire actor hoax who knows but he could have taken a deal like Reinheart (tax advantage) or Aho Sebastian (Carolina) instead trying to hang with Bieber
The Biebs is Matthews cat and Matthews is Biebs cat, the two of them have that leisure/sport clothing company together. Mitch isn't in that loop.

It's the owner's cap. Gary just does what the owners want. Including the penny pinching Leaf owners. Got Milk?
penny pinching?

wtf

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Jack of all trades, it's perplexing that he hasn't carried over his reg season game to the playoffs and that goes for Matthews as well
I don’t think it has anything to do with appreciating Marner as a player.

I think there’s a subset of the fanbase that has conflict with the results vs cost.

Marner is a great player overall, just costs way to much vs what he provides in the playoffs in this market.

Matthews has 48pts in 55gp

Marner has 50pts in 57gp

I know you knew that, there's not even a red pubes difference except that one gets paid more money and soon to be a lot more money, enough it can be said to pay a really decent 5D

Bust

Jul 28, 2016
Jack of all trades, it's perplexing that he hasn't carried over his reg season game to the playoffs and that goes for Matthews as well

Matthews has 48pts in 55gp

Marner has 50pts in 57gp

I know you knew that, there's not even a red pubes difference except that one gets paid more money and soon to be a lot more money, enough it can be said to pay a really decent 5D

Who cares what his lifetime playoff PPG is? And honestly, Marner who is all about the points, should be at least PPG.

Matthews actually brings a solid 2 way, tough(er) playoff style game than Marner. It’s not debatable - Matthews does so much more than Marner, all while matching the other teams top centre, and puts up the exact same point totals as Marner.

Marner just put up 3 points in 7 games. Idc what happened last year as the team success is paramount, and the team came up short again.

This years iteration of, “let’s run it back” showed Marner being a non factor in about 6 of 7 games played. It’s inexcusable for someone who will be demanding a raise.

Keep banging the points drum. That’s all Marner has - and he’s not even point per game.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Who cares what his lifetime playoff PPG is? And honestly, Marner who is all about the points, should be at least PPG.

Matthews actually brings a solid 2 way, tough(er) playoff style game than Marner. It’s not debatable - Matthews does so much more than Marner, all while matching the other teams top centre, and puts up the exact same point totals as Marner.

Marner just put up 3 points in 7 games. Idc what happened last year as the team success is paramount, and the team came up short again.

This years iteration of, “let’s run it back” showed Marner being a non factor in about 6 of 7 games played. It’s inexcusable for someone who will be demanding a raise.

Keep banging the points drum. That’s all Marner has - and he’s not even point per game.
points dear boy is a main factor in winning

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad