Does Marner get Boo’d?

Does Marner get Boo’d at home games?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
Seemed to be okay to dump on Lou for YEARS after he left, what goes around comes around………….

Lou got brought up far less, but either way I’m not passing any judgment just literally stating there are 2 groups on the extremes ends, not just 1.

Organically bringing him up to make a point in a relevant conversation is one thing. Posting a one liner insult that’s largely unrelated to the discussion or only barely so is another.

Most people do the former but there’s the defense group and the latter group as well

Bust

Jul 28, 2016
Seemed to be okay to dump on Lou for YEARS after he left, what goes around comes around………….

How many of you anti booer’s wouldn’t boo Babcock if he popped up on the jumbotron or whatever they call it? Principles, that’s what you’re lacking………

I’ve never seen the fanbase protect a player like they do marner.

Sundin was my hero growing up. He embodied everything that being a maple leaf should be. He wasn’t putting up 100 point seasons, but I’d take him over anyone currently on the team. The treatment he gets today is somewhat sad to me. The man never did any of us leaf fans wrong, didn’t talk down to us like we were less than him or the team, and we shit on him now for playing a 1/2 season with VAN after Burke said he didn’t want him.

But here’s Marner, doing sweet f all to earn his contract - and there’s a gang of fans who can’t fathom why other fans are tired of his act. Where’s the “selke” defence we hear of? Where’s the fun loving kid that came into the league? What happened to this guy?

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Lou got brought up far less, but either way I’m not passing any judgment just literally stating there are 2 groups on the extremes ends, not just 1.

Organically bringing him up to make a point in a relevant conversation is one thing. Posting a one liner insult that’s largely unrelated to the discussion or only barely so is another.

Most people do the former but there’s the defense group and the latter group as well
I’d argue everything that is wrong with this team is in one way or another Dubas’ fault, I mean you can’t talk about WWII and ignore “you know who………”

Bust

Jul 28, 2016
I’d argue everything that is wrong with this team is in one way or another Dubas’ fault, I mean you can’t talk about WWII and ignore “you know who………”

I think dubas had 1 thing right - draft BPA. Love the philosophy and it makes total sense when all things are considered equal (draft picks).

Where he fumbled the ball was on his curation/roster construction. It’s like designing a house, if you just go with all high priced finishes vs doing what works best with the house you have - you’ll be left with an expensive house that no one will give you the value for.

Probably not the best analogy, but the point stands. You can’t just draft BPA and take the lazy way out of not constructing the roster and just sign everyone to their market worth. You now have a collection of high priced parts you can’t get value for. Lazy roster construction on dubas behalf.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
"Calm down".

See, I'm an adult, and I don't get rattled by some goofball who clearly has the mentality of a toddler. I'm calmly explaining to you thatyour position is that of an entitled clown. No anger, not riled up.

Explaining like you're five, since your mentality begs for it.
Isn’t it ironic………

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Excuse me?

Cheerleaders only huh?

Remember in NuHockey Era sports entertainment you must also cheer on the opponent or say nothing at all. Nashville you suck chants are very hurtful. Remember this. No negativity Ian, we must value all human life and not cause negative sadboy feelings to millionaire hockey players who are very impressionable and prone to suffering emotional duress after playing in wild animal barns in places like Nashville.

This is one of the better comedic relief threads in some time.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Remember in NuHockey Era sports entertainment you must also cheer on the opponent or say nothing at all. Nashville you suck chants are very hurtful. Remember this. No negativity Ian, we must value all human life and not cause negative sadboy feelings to millionaire hockey players who are very impressionable and prone to suffering emotional duress after playing in wild animal barns in places like Nashville.

This is one of the better comedic relief threads in some time.
1720121891842.jpeg

Reactions: Bust and thewave

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015

How many of you anti booer’s wouldn’t boo Babcock if he popped up on the jumbotron or whatever they call it? Principles, that’s what you’re lacking………
That’s completely different with Babs.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
That’s completely different with Babs.
You just made my point, zero principles………

Meanwhile on the ice...

A: "Im gonna drive your Fing body through the boards you dirty POS"

B:"Go F yourself, we'll see who gets laid out MFr".

Refs: "Settle down boys."

NuLeafs fans: "Emotional Damage!"

Pretty much, as if the booing matters other than hit to the pride the player deserves.
Wokeness creeping into every aspect of life these days……….

Reactions: 57 Years No Cup

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Not as garbage as Marner's post season play!

If he was being paid 9mil I have less issues with him. Saying, “Matthews is the only comparable” in contract demand opens the door up for massive criticism when he’s nowhere near the player Matthews is.
He never said that.

Bust

Jul 28, 2016
You just made my point, zero principles………

Wokeness creeping into every aspect of life these days……….

Babcock was a big meanie though!

Looking back he was 100% right on a number of things. I hated his hyman deployment - look at him now.

I didn’t like his low ice time for the “stars”, but he was absolutely correct on a lot of fronts - at this point, I truly believe if Lou had stayed with Babcock as head coach, we would have done some real damage by now.

He never said that.

His agent said that and used the media to get the message across.

Reactions: thewave and rumman

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Babcock was a big meanie though!

Looking back he was 100% right on a number of things. I hated his hyman deployment - look at him now.

I didn’t like his low ice time for the “stars”, but he was absolutely correct on a lot of fronts - at this point, I truly believe if Lou had stayed with Babcock as head coach, we would have done some real damage by now.

His agent said that and used the media to get the message across.
Correct, boo the Agent then.

Reactions: Rude Dog

Bust

Jul 28, 2016
Don't be so naive. You think he tells the Agent what to do and say?

What? That’s exactly what he’s paid to do.

Marner was offered both 7 and 8 year deals at 11mil. That wasn’t enough for him. That’s not his agent, that’s Marner who turned those down.

Agents have an ethical obligation to showcase every offer on the table. It’s up to the player to accept/decline.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
What? That’s exactly what he’s paid to do.

Marner was offered both 7 and 8 year deals at 11mil. That wasn’t enough for him. That’s not his agent, that’s Marner who turned those down.

Agents have an ethical obligation to showcase every offer on the table. It’s up to the player to accept/decline.
ok :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad