Does Marner get Boo’d?

Does Marner get Boo’d at home games?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
The same O’Reilly that said, lol, I’m good thanks, during contract renewal? It was said he had a very animated exit interview regarding the leadership in the room

ROR had no issues with our player leadership. He had issues with the coaching, his usage and the lack of adjustments primarily against Florida and the media scrunity in the market.

Bust

Jul 28, 2016
There’s nothing that Marner even does off ice that should piss people off. People who comment on whatever he chooses to do in his spare time are just envious, jealous and haters. It’s irrelevant to anything that involves us

I completely understand thinking his style of play is not ideal or turns you off as a hockey fan. But making fun of him because he got married and is happy, his teeth, his dog, that he likes to stream and have fun is just so weird to me
Just to be crystal clear - I agree with you here.

This is simply his on ice play and dealings with media and communication to the fanbase that I’m addressing.

:laugh: Must be it.
Just taking a shot at you as you did to me.

All in good fun brother.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
The same O’Reilly that said, lol, I’m good thanks, during contract renewal? It was said he had a very animated exit interview regarding the leadership in the room.

Ya, Matthews asked for Mitch. He was being stapled to Brown and Hyman. Of course he wanted to play with Mitch over the 2 rookie grinders.

And Tavares, the goal scorer, wanting to play with the dynamic playmaker. Not earth shattering stuff here.

Just watch his interviews. His post game interviews in the playoffs. We can’t upgrade the team due to the coin he demands - if he can’t do it he shouldn’t be making that much money. It’s that simple.

He will demand 13mil or damn close too it. Is that justified in your opinion?

So I can’t disclose fully but I’ve heard that one of the reasons why O’Reilly left was because he felt that if Keefe had put the Tavares - O’Reilly - Marner line back together after the game 1 loss against Florida, the Maple Leafs would have beat the Panthers. He was not a fan of Keefe. Keefe refused to make adjustments, players were actually open to changing the PP and lines and those ideas were shut down.

Secondly O’Reilly left because keefe doesn’t play a 2nd PP unit and O’Reilly felt like he was still good enough to be a PP1 guy or at least get time on the PP. that’s why he went to Nashville for the same money. He’d get more ice time.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
I can only imagine how frustrated I’d be if I was getting torn apart by the Toronto fans and media for losing to the Panthers, all while thinking that both the team and myself individually were not put in a position to succeed by the coaching staff.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
Clam down bud. You seem personally hurt by this. This is a simple discussion on a fan board.

What hurts the team more is running the same, sad-sack group back over and over. It results in less fan engagement and is horrible for the brand overall. What young kid getting into hockey would sign up to support that?

If management is actively looking to move him and he “wants to stay” because of selfish reasons - he deserves whatever criticism comes his way. That’s how the real world works. That’s reality, whether you like it or not.
"Calm down".

See, I'm an adult, and I don't get rattled by some goofball who clearly has the mentality of a toddler. I'm calmly explaining to you thatyour position is that of an entitled clown. No anger, not riled up.

Explaining like you're five, since your mentality begs for it.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
Clam down bud. You seem personally hurt by this. This is a simple discussion on a fan board.

What hurts the team more is running the same, sad-sack group back over and over. It results in less fan engagement and is horrible for the brand overall. What young kid getting into hockey would sign up to support that?

If management is actively looking to move him and he “wants to stay” because of selfish reasons - he deserves whatever criticism comes his way. That’s how the real world works. That’s reality, whether you like it or not.

No one thinks the fanbase can’t criticize in whatever fashion they want. Objectively they can, who is going to stop them. But those fans voicing their displeasure for a player exercising a contractual right and wanting to be here, are equally open to criticism for the pettiness of it.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
I agree with the point being made here, but your examples are not valid.

“So piss poor of a leader that Matthews had a full on meltdown because Babcock wouldn’t let him play with Mitch”
Never happened

“So piss poor of a leader/human that John Tavares when signing as a free agent, said, I want Mitch Marner on my wing”
Our presentation to JT included Marner on his wing. He never had to say anything of the like though I’m sure he very much did want to play with Mitch.

Yeah that’s some next level ridiculousness

The whole Babcock visiting Arizona the summer before he got fired was because of two things. 1. That season Matthews had asked to play with Marner and Babcock said no and Matthews was not happy about that. And 2. reason was in the dying minutes of game 7, Babcock played Marleau and a one legged Hyman over him when they needed a goal.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
The whole Babcock visiting Arizona the summer before he got fired was because of two things. 1. That season Matthews had asked to play with Marner and Babcock said no and Matthews was not happy about that. And 2. reason was in the dying minutes of game 7, Babcock played Marleau and a one legged Hyman over him when they needed a goal.

We don’t know either of those things to be true.

But even IF that’s the exact reasons, meeting in the summer to have a discussion for the coach and his best player to discuss the upcoming season and ensure they are on the same page is a far cry from a meltdown

Bust

Jul 28, 2016
"Calm down".

See, I'm an adult, and I don't get rattled by some goofball who clearly has the mentality of a toddler. I'm calmly explaining to you thatyour position is that of an entitled clown. No anger, not riled up.

Explaining like you're five, since your mentality begs for it
[/QUOTE]

Lol you’re clearly rattled as you’re the only one making this personal kid.

There’s 1 single clown in this thread, you’ll find him in any mirror in your vicinity.

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
Little weird to bring up the so called “Dubas robots” and not also bring up the brigade of haters that go from thread to thread bringing him up in discussions that he has otherwise no part of.
No. I am explaining recent leafs HF culture. The Dubas roboz are part of that even if they are becoming more scarce.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009

There’s 1 single clown in this thread, you’ll find him in any mirror in your vicinity.
[/QUOTE]
Good one, Arnie!

It's not the guy who wants to throw a tantrum about what money someone else makes, just doing his job, and exercising his contractual rights.... No.

You're the guy who calls the supervisor when someone's not doing the job by the book :laugh: Randall, from Recess, over here

Bust

Jul 28, 2016

[/QUOTE]
Good one, Arnie!

It's not the guy who wants to throw a tantrum about what money someone else makes, just doing his job, and exercising his contractual rights.... No.

You're the guy who calls the supervisor when someone's not doing the job by the book :laugh: Randall, from Recess, over here
[/QUOTE]

Ya you’re not rattled at all. You’re out here quoting a kids TV show. Grow up.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
Good one, Arnie!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The Irony...lol

Projecting your frustration onothers doesn't make THEM angry. You didn't like being called a goof. I get it. Be better

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
That may speak more to your ability to objectively view what you're seeing.
1720119016368.jpeg

How is that on me? That’s Marner's job to play hockey, not mine.

How about he earns his paycheque and represents the crest and the letter on his jersey? He is a piss poor leader and should not be wearing a letter. Does not lead by example or play. I would have Domi in his spot in a heartbeat.
No one would be bitching about Marner if Marner did his job, regardless of what his fan club want you to believe, he’s not a God……..

Bust

Jul 28, 2016
Good one, Arnie!

[/QUOTE]

The Irony...lol

Projecting your frustration onothers doesn't make THEM angry. You didn't like being called a goof. I get it. Be better
[/QUOTE]

Keep doubling down. It’s not having the effect you think it has.

View attachment 892313

No one would be bitching about Marner if Marner did his job, regardless of what his fan club want you to believe, he’s not a God……..

I appreciate accountability. I appreciate transparency. I respect men who can own their craft and are willing to improve and grow at all costs.

I just don’t see it with Marner.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Little weird to bring up the so called “Dubas robots” and not also bring up the brigade of haters that go from thread to thread bringing him up in discussions that he has otherwise no part of.
Seemed to be okay to dump on Lou for YEARS after he left, what goes around comes around………….

It is just bad taste to boo an individual Leafs player.
If you boo the team bc they played like crap is one thing but booing an individual player is unnecessary.
And I am one who wants to trade MM in order to have a more balance line up.
How many of you anti booer’s wouldn’t boo Babcock if he popped up on the jumbotron or whatever they call it? Principles, that’s what you’re lacking………

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad