Does Marner get Boo’d?

Does Marner get Boo’d at home games?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
They'd better not. He's out risking permanent injury for our entertainment, and he's a damn good player, whose given the fans a lot of great years.

I'd hope the fans in attendance have enough presence of mind and class not to embarrass the rest of us and the organization like that.
Paul Marner's burner.

He's a hockey player, not a prized race horse. Jesus.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
I'm probably going to Vegas at some point next year and I'm considering planning the trip to coincide with the Leafs playing there if the timing works otherwise. I will never again pay the ridiculous prices they charge to watch in Toronto though, not even close to being worth it. JMHO.

I know you can't handle any criticism whatsoever of your two favorite players but Marner's been so bad last couple of playoffs, you're just going to have to deal with it somehow.
Vegas is a great place to watch a hockey game. I try to go during rodeo week now, I believe it’s the last week of Nov-first week of December. It’s quite a spectacle when the cowboys come to town, even saw George Strait at the T Mobile last time out………

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
They'd better not. He's out risking permanent injury for our entertainment, and he's a damn good player, whose given the fans a lot of great years.

I'd hope the fans in attendance have enough presence of mind and class not to embarrass the rest of us and the organization like that.
The bolded is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever read here, WTF dude?

As far as what he's "given fans", he hasn't given us shit. Or perhaps you're unaware of the truckloads of money he gets paid that comes from the fans?

Bust

Jul 28, 2016

Lol permanent injury.

Might be shocking to hear, but people are out there playing beer league hockey, for free. Actually, they pay out of pocket to play - can you imagine?!?!!

Lots of high class, high society people here. Who woulda thought? No wonder they have tea and crumpets on tap now at SBA.

Reactions: rumman

Bust

Jul 28, 2016
Or have better options to spend their dollars on, not everyone who doesn’t have season tickets is in the poor house Simple Jack……..
The lower end of the fanbase is any individual (or family) making less than 300k. Let’s be real.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Or have better options to spend their dollars on, not everyone who doesn’t have season tickets is in the poor house Simple Jack……..
That guys post is offensive, simple as that.

First of all, describing a portion of the fanbase as "lower level", holy smokes is that ever is offensive.

The assumption that people who can afford to attend are smarter is also offensive.

He has seasons tickets, and assumes this makes him smart. That assumption juxtaposed with some of his posts lately is comedy gold! :laugh::laugh:

thewave

Jun 17, 2011

They get paid millions to fire a puck into a hockey net.. 100 years ago if they lost you could probably chuck tomatoes at their faces and the cops would join after the outrage of paying that 50cent ticket

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
Who is not impervious to criticism and absolved from any accountability.
Nobody said anything about not criticizing. We do it every day. Pundits do it on the TV and radio. His coaches and teammates will hold him accountable. That's the staff's job.

Booing a single player off the ice is classless, and makes people not wanna play here. It only hurts the organization and city in the end. What happened with Larry Murphy is a black mark on the fanbase that's still remembered.

No, your salary is paid to do a job. Jobs come with a lot of variables and scrutiny and your salary reflects that.

A lot of people who don’t deliver get fired from their jobs. Fancy that.
Sure they do. And he faces lots of scrutiny for the times he lacks. And when his contract is up, if he's not suited to be here, he won't be. Until that day, he's a big part of the program, and should be supported.

• Haha
Reactions: IPS and ACC1224

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
That guys post is offensive, simple as that.

First of all, describing a portion of the fanbase as "lower level", holy smokes is that ever is offensive.

The assumption that people who can afford to attend are smarter is also offensive.

He has seasons tickets, and assumes this makes him smart. That assumption juxtaposed with some of his posts lately is comedy gold! :laugh::laugh:
People who pile on a single player and publicly embarrass them are classless, and low level. Find me the lie....

Bust

Jul 28, 2016
Nobody said anything about not criticizing. We do it every day. Pundits do it on the TV and radio. His coaches and teammates will hold him accountable. That's the staff's job.

Booing a single player off the ice is classless, and makes people not wanna play here. It only hurts the organization and city in the end. What happened with Larry Murphy is a black mark on the fanbase that's still remembered.
A black mark on the fanbase? Oh no, the horror. It sure hasn’t prevented anyone from signing here.

If someone doesn’t want to sign here because fans are mean, we don’t need that guy and he would never be successful here to begin with.

Marner is a good player, but that doesn’t make him not a big part of the problem. He takes over 12% of the cap and I personally didn’t notice him outside of 1 playoff game this season.

57 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
No, your salary is paid to do a job. Jobs come with a lot of variables and scrutiny and your salary reflects that.

A lot of people who don’t deliver get fired from their jobs. Fancy that.
Ernie's just mad he was never good enough to amount to anything in the NHL. It's real ego bruising when you were such a great player in Junior.

Reactions: IPS

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
A black mark on the fanbase? Oh no, the horror. It sure hasn’t prevented anyone from signing here.

If someone doesn’t want to sign here because fans are mean, we don’t need that guy and he would never be successful here to begin with.

Marner is a good player, but that doesn’t make him not a big part of the problem. He takes over 12% of the cap and I personally didn’t notice him outside of 1 playoff game this season.
If you didn't notice an 85pt player outside of one playoff game, that's on you.

Ernie's just mad he was never good enough to amount to anything in the NHL. It's real ego bruising when you were such a great player in Junior.
Whew :laugh:

I don't know what to tell you about how little I GAF that my rep playing days ended with a surgery at 14, but you keep building strawmen, if that gets you by...lol

Bust

Jul 28, 2016
If you didn't notice an 85pt player outside of one playoff game, that's on you.

Whew :laugh:

I don't know what to tell you about how little I GAF that my rep playing days ended with a surgery at 14, but you keep building strawmen, if that gets you buy..lol
How is that on me? That’s Marner's job to play hockey, not mine.

How about he earns his paycheque and represents the crest and the letter on his jersey? He is a piss poor leader and should not be wearing a letter. Does not lead by example or play. I would have Domi in his spot in a heartbeat.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
How is that on me? That’s Marner's job to play hockey, not mine.

How about he earns his paycheque and represents the crest and the letter on his jersey? He is a piss poor leader and should not be wearing a letter. Does not lead by example or play. I would have Domi in his spot in a heartbeat.
He is paid what the market will pay him. We'll find out what that is when his contract is up. Until then, we need him and his contributions to get us where we're trying to go.

Reactions: Brad C

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad