Does Marner get Boo’d?

Does Marner get Boo’d at home games?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
If he sucks a lot of games ,then he will probably be Boo´d. But not for just being there .
I belive he will play great the whole season. His best season will be this year. In the playoffs i dont know.

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
what good would that do? We need Marner to help produce offence next year. See how it plays out next summer. It is what it is at this point. Let’s not pretend he isn’t one of the best rw in the game. Who knows if either side wants back next year but booing a local kid certainly isn’t going to be viewed positively by anyone considering signing with this team next summer. It’s just a game.

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
Fans claiming the difference bn the leafs and other non playoff teams is 7 games. Let’s not forget the other 82 games. Being out of the playoffs come late December makes for a long winter. Not to mention radio and social media.

Reactions: Confucius

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
We didn't watch the same 82 games. Thank the christ people like you will never hold a position with the yeam

You know how there are really nice goals and garbage goals? They all count.

82 games = 82 games

Matthews era has basically been good enough to be 2nd-3rd in our division and lose in 7 games most years, that was nice against WSH and BOS but we've really failed to build on that.

Unfortunately we have clowns like you as fans that will clap mindlessly and accept mediocre results.

Reactions: 57 Years No Cup

Thornbury

Dec 29, 2019
He isn't single handedly preventing the team from moving forward... The team hasn't tried to trade him, there is no refusal to waive a NMC. He is far from the only problem on this team, that's ridiculous.
Everything I've heard suggests that Tre is subtly suggesting the team is exploring trade options, but nothing has materialized. Marner has at least publicly stated his unwillingness to move. And I'll boo him because he's a coddled and overpaid prima donna.

Reactions: 57 Years No Cup

Thornbury

Dec 29, 2019
I just refuse to cheer for the same results year over year.

Based on contracts - marners is the one that can be moved to reconstruct the roster. 7-8 years of the same shit is enough.

Marner does hold the cards, that’s not a media contrived point. That’s the truth.

Nylander wasted a year, for sure. But he actually came in at a discount
And interestingly, it did seem that when Dubas played hardball with Nylander, the team payroll benefited. Then he rolled over like a whipped puppy for Marner, resulting in what most would say is about a 20% overpayment. True its not Marner's fault, but the whole thing left a bad taste with the fan base. I would imagine if a poll were taken on the least favourite Leaf, he'd be at or near the top.

TMLBlueandWhite

Feb 2, 2023
I hope he gets booed.

I hope he gets booed so hard the first game back he never shows his face here again. Requests a trade as soon as the final buzzer goes. Hit the showers and then hit the bricks.

We don't want you here anymore.

Or any other soft ass greedy hockey players. Anyone doesn't want to come here cause the media and fans were too tough on poor Marner's feelings is only a good thing. Let this be a lesson what happens when a player holds a team hostage.

The fans turn on him like a rabid dog.

I'm not afraid to admit I was once foolish and naive enough to think they should keep Marner than lose him for nothing. Then I realized hoping for a retun on somebody you'd be happy was just off the team was being greedy. Exactly like Marner and his daddy.

At this point the fans would be better off just booing him off the team and out of town.

tuckerintensity

armed with will and determination
Jul 16, 2022
Leafs fans love a scape goat, so I find it highly likely. Especially if he doesn't get out of the gate producing points.

We legit booed a two-time Cup winner (at the time) who had been Top 10 in Norris voting the four seasons leading up to him landing here right out of town. And then he won two Cups in his first two playoffs away from Toronto.

Reactions: Mr_Fun

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
The weird thing is that him resigning here is probably an even worse scenario so by making it clear they don't want him around, the fans might be doing themselves a favour
Ok yeah your right historical it has always been best for fans/players to force management’s hand rather than let them make decisions on their own terms. And I’m sure it will be great for the vibes around the team having the fans boo their own players. Go ahead and boo Marner off the ice every time he touches the puck this sounds like a great idea.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Ok yeah your right historical it has always been best for fans/players to force management’s hand rather than let them make decisions on their own terms. And I’m sure it will be great for the vibes around the team having the fans boo their own players. Go ahead and boo Marner off the ice every time he touches the puck this sounds like a great idea.
Yeah I get what you're saying and there's definitely some merit there. On the other hand, our management has really sucked and sometimes it seems our group is like a deer caught in the headlights, they don't know what to do so they just keep drifting. That being the case, is it any wonder that there are some fans that might boo Marner or whoever else? Maybe Shanahan needs someone to force his hand and it ends up being a good thing, who knows?

If fans are unhappy, they sometimes boo. That's been part of pro sports forever, not sure why it's such a big deal all of a sudden.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Yeah seems like something Leaf fans would do, chase a star player out of town so he walks as a free agent and they get nothing for him.
Whether he’s boo’d or not he’s likely walking away. If it goes sideways early, then why shouldn’t the fans have fun with it?
The vast majority of fans at home games don’t know much about the players or what’s going on with the salaries so they probably won’t give a Bronx cheer.

Last edited:

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
If leafs fan still doing the same, player will still to be affraid to sign contract in Toronto.

O'reilly left and didn't want to resign for this reason. A lot of UFA just rejected to discuss with leafs because of how leafs fan reacted with Marner.

Do you really think that will help anyone to booing Marner or just making everything worst for the team?

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
They'd better not. He's out risking permanent injury for our entertainment, and he's a damn good player, whose given the fans a lot of great years.

I'd hope the fans in attendance have enough presence of mind and class not to embarrass the rest of us and the organization like that.

• Haha
Reactions: thewave and IPS

TMLBlueandWhite

Feb 2, 2023
They'd better not. He's out risking permanent injury for our entertainment, and he's a damn good player, whose given the fans a lot of great years.

I'd hope the fans in attendance have enough presence of mind and class not to embarrass the rest of us and the organization like that.

Yeah... that's why he plays... for our entertainment.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017

He’s good but you have to admit he’s kind of boring to watch play hockey.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

Thankfully the lower end of the fanbase can't afford to attend.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad