Does Marner get Boo’d?

Does Marner get Boo’d at home games?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Why would he get boo'd for leaving in free agency if they don't offer him a contract?
Because people want him to leave now, how is that not obvious?

Don't know really, but I have a real feeling that we Leafs fans will never see that kind of effort, of sheer will out of Matthews whether he's the highest paid, whether he ever wears a "C" or whatever the circumstance. I just don't see that extra gear in his game. He has one of the all time shots, he's huge and strong, above average wheels, but I've never seen him really dominate like all the great ones have done when it's needed.

To the Marner question, when was that?
I saw that extra gear in one game against Boston and I thought wow, finally, that was awesome! Then all of a sudden he's sick or something, sigh.

Maybe he does it next year, who knows? I mean yes he's also been disappointing in the playoffs, just not to the same extent as mighty mouse but the fact that he at least dominated that one game give me some hope. Playoff Marner on the other hand, I've pretty much given up on that dream.
In my mind it isn’t would you boo Marner, the real question is who in their right mind would pay to see this team in person…….
Bingo!

Reactions: thewave and rumman

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
69 goals brother. He’s worth the coin.

I wish he had better numbers in the playoffs - but he is not the reason we’re in the mess we’re in. The guy actually works his ass off and will put himself on the line to win as a group.
69 goals in the regular season means squat if that player fails to show up to WIN playoff games and series.

The same goes for players that score 90 points in the regular season and fail to do anything worth noting in the playoffs.

In the NHL there are 2 seasons, regular and playoffs. Highly paid players need to show up in both !!!

JMHO

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Pretty sure you're a Marner fan so to be clear, so am I. I just don't think it's sustainable to keep paying 4 forwards so much.
I’m not really a Marner fan and dont enjoy watching him at all.

I don’t think any of those four will ever lead a team to a Cup so you could move any combination of them

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
In my mind it isn’t would you boo Marner, the real question is who in their right mind would pay to see this team in person…….
I went to the game in Nashville last season because it was early and warm weather but I won’t do it again this year. I’m glad it’s during spring training so I can’t get sucked in again.

Reactions: rumman

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I went to the game in Nashville last season because it was early and warm weather but I won’t do it again this year. I’m glad it’s during spring training so I can’t get sucked in again.
I'm probably going to Vegas at some point next year and I'm considering planning the trip to coincide with the Leafs playing there if the timing works otherwise. I will never again pay the ridiculous prices they charge to watch in Toronto though, not even close to being worth it. JMHO.

What a stupid thread
I know you can't handle any criticism whatsoever of your two favorite players but Marner's been so bad last couple of playoffs, you're just going to have to deal with it somehow.

bax

Mar 4, 2011
Canada
I've been to a lot of games in this era of the Leafs and the only time I ever heard Marner specifically get bood was after game 7 against Tampa and it was 1 guy and he was just giving it to Marner from the top of the building. I heard Holl get booed a lot in that game too.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I'm probably going to Vegas at some point next year and I'm considering planning the trip to coincide with the Leafs playing there if the timing works otherwise. I will never again pay the ridiculous prices they charge to watch in Toronto though, not even close to being worth it. JMHO.

I know you can't handle any criticism whatsoever of your two favorite players but Marner's been so bad last couple of playoffs, you're just going to have to deal with it somehow.
Vegas is awesome. I went to first Leafs game out there. Matthews scored 2 but once again they had failed a test and got completed out skated and out played.

Reactions: Gary Nylund

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Vegas is awesome. I went to first Leafs game out there. Matthews scored 2 but once again they had failed a test and got completed out skated and out played.
Yeah I hear they really put on a show, sounds like a lot of fun. Sucks that they lost when you were there though.

Oct 18, 2010
It was a Saturday night right before Christmas, and the people that attend the games barely mustered up a murmur when that weasel Dubas was getting his doors blown off, no chance they boo one of the 5 players on the team.

57 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
Ya, that’s what this is…

Based on results so far I’m not really that far off base.
There's certain posters you shouldn't waste your time responding to.

He's one of them.

The toughest people in the Toronto market are the player agents.

Fans get some heat on here for being “toxic”, like the players are reading our little posts on a fan message board LOL
They're not, but their paid "influencers" and influencer wannabes are.

57 Years No Cup

Nov 12, 2007
I wouldnt boo him at all. Not his fault for the NMC...they gave it....he signed it.

Tre has given out NMC too....so do we boo those players too?

Show some class and cheer for your team and its players. Lets not be classless , we already embarressed ourselves over our all time points leader exit.

Lets try to be better.

Marner wants to be a leaf....cant hold a grudge over that. And if he drifts off to free agency and we get nothing in return, then blame management...they let the NMC kick in.

If Marner leaves , then I have a feeling fans will find another whipping boy. Nylander is a early favorite followed by Taveres this year.......Reilly still gets a pass but there is no excuses if Tanev plays beside him now.
LOL. You're so obvious.

Reactions: BM14

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Yeah I hear they really put on a show, sounds like a lot of fun. Sucks that they lost when you were there though.
NY Eve day game, VGK was on a heater and had a better lineup so we all expected a loss. We had some sort of club level seats with a private buffet and bar so it was fun.

Reactions: Gary Nylund

57 Years No Cup

Nov 12, 2007
Sure ...be a emotional fan but its classless to boo Marner because he wont waive his NMC but go ahead....you invested so much into the team. Get a Marner paper bag while you are at it. :)

Every player and their agent want the most money they can get, especially when they are in their prime.
Who says they dont feel accountable? You? the mediots? Lets believe the media, the ones that have caused this stir for months. There is no documentation from Tre camp or Marners camp that the leafs asked Marner to waive. None

But believe the mediots and join their hatred for the leafs. Now they are backtracking their trades rumours and all that crap and now are saying "Marner has all the control and the leafs cant do anything"

I can see it now...every player with a NMC we should boo....

Be better
HAHAHAHAHA! So obvious!
you-are-funny-laugh.gif

Reactions: BM14

57 Years No Cup

Nov 12, 2007
So have you learned yet Bust? You've now been swarmed by Quartexx Management's Marner Social Media Defense Crew™, Rocket Security.

You wasted your time. Ignore them all.

Reactions: Bust and Al14

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
How can you expect a guy that is getting shit on daily on Twitter. He also got car-jacked in broad-daylight(, i don’t think people talk enough about how that affects someone’s day to day interactions with strangers or people you don’t trust enough) to not be defensive. He’s 100% going to be defensive
I expect him to behave like a professional, being compensated richly, to be able to tune out the outside noise.

If he, as expected, is incapable of doing that, then he & everyone around him should take a very long hard look at whether he should remain in this market.

Reactions: 57 Years No Cup

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Marner ate up the cap for his own night rider car (jacked) perhaps Empire actor hoax who knows but he could have taken a deal like Reinheart (tax advantage) or Aho Sebastian (Carolina) instead trying to hang with Bieber

Remember the whole NHL.com article like Marner knows Bieber well enough to call him Biebs. This guy is such a social climbing clown I don't even know what else to say. MM see Loser. There ya go.

People dont like him because the facade broke down. Is what it is.

United35

Jan 16, 2021
I think we should unpack why the general consensus is hate for Marner.

Is it group think?

Ultimately two parties agreed to the contract. While Marner deserves much of the blame it truly has not been him and him alone. Collectively, we win and lose.

It’s unfortunate that the “we can, and we will” proclamation has turned out to be “we can’t, and we won’t”.

I think patience is a virtue in times like this.

In one year the original sins for the core four contracts expire and that will bring about change. The question now is what does Keith Pelley want his legacy at MLSE to be moving forward with $21,900,000.00 becoming available for the Leafs in 2025.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad