Does Marner get Boo’d?

Does Marner get Boo’d at home games?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Da Mash

Jul 14, 2022
I don’t get responses like this.

We are fans. We’re allowed to be emotional and invested in this.

So you want a safe space for all the players, to demand every penny and not be accountable for their shortcomings?

No wonder Shanny doesn’t want changes..

Sure ...be a emotional fan but its classless to boo Marner because he wont waive his NMC but go ahead....you invested so much into the team. Get a Marner paper bag while you are at it. :)

Every player and their agent want the most money they can get, especially when they are in their prime.
Who says they dont feel accountable? You? the mediots? Lets believe the media, the ones that have caused this stir for months. There is no documentation from Tre camp or Marners camp that the leafs asked Marner to waive. None

But believe the mediots and join their hatred for the leafs. Now they are backtracking their trades rumours and all that crap and now are saying "Marner has all the control and the leafs cant do anything"

I can see it now...every player with a NMC we should boo....

Be better

Reactions: Notsince67

Commander Clueless

Apathy of the Leaf
Sep 10, 2008
I think he does.

I wish he wouldn't.

Please don't do that. I know we're all frustrated but it's not cool.

Until he's moved or walks, he's a Leaf.

If he leaves, we'll talk then....:laugh:

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
I just see Marner as the easiest route to fixing the roster. It’s the landscape of a cap world, especially when you go BPA in the draft every year and don’t try to actually curate the team. Change is needed, has been needed for years, and we’re at the stage with the construction of contract where Marner will need to be moved to right the ship. We can’t have 3-4 forwards making the kind of money they demand.

I will be cheering for change in marners attitude for sure. If he figures it out I will be cheering for him.

But ultimately I am a fan of the Toronto maple leafs and want team success over everything.

Fair. But boo management and start a thread about being mad at management… which there probably is a dozen threads already, if not all of them

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I am fixated on one, for sure.

I truly believe he needs to be moved on front to rebalance the team.

I was a huge fan before his contact negotiation. I have his jersey from his rookie year. He really disappointed me in that negotiation.
Fair enough, although Nylanders negotiation was worse.

Reactions: bax

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Maybe he gets booed, maybe he doesn't. I think it's weird to say it's classless or whatever else to boo him though. Players sometimes get booed, it's not that unusual for this to happen so what's the big deal? If fans aren't happy with him and decide to boo him, they're well within their rights to do so.

Um no, it really wasn't.

Bust

Jul 28, 2016
Sure ...be a emotional fan but its classless to boo Marner because he wont waive his NMC but go ahead....you invested so much into the team. Get a Marner paper bag while you are at it. :)

Every player and their agent want the most money they can get, especially when they are in their prime.
Who says they dont feel accountable? You? the mediots? Lets believe the media, the ones that have caused this stir for months. There is no documentation for Tre camp or Marners camp that the leafs asked Marner to waive. None

But believe the mediots and join their hatred for the leafs. Now they are backtracking their trades rumours and all that crap and now are saying "Marner has all the control and
I just refuse to cheer for the same results year over year.

Based on contracts - marners is the one that can be moved to reconstruct the roster. 7-8 years of the same shit is enough.

Marner does hold the cards, that’s not a media contrived point. That’s the truth.

Nylander wasted a year, for sure. But he actually came in at a discount.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

Based on contracts - marners is the one that can be moved to reconstruct the roster. 7-8 years of the same shit is enough.

Marner does hold the cards, that’s not a media contrived point. That’s the truth.

Yep, it eventually became a good deal. Had Dubas not negotiated his way out of it, Marner would be here at a discount as well.

Reactions: Bust

Bust

Jul 28, 2016
Fair. But boo management and start a thread about being mad at management… which there probably is a dozen threads already, if not all of them
Management is trying to fix this. If they are told “no”, what exactly are they to do?

Ya, Shanny is part of the issue here. But he’s not on the ice. Changing Shanny accomplishes nothing towards the goal of winning a cup.

If we believe we have 4 seasons, wouldn’t fixing this now be the route?

Confirmed. This poster is a BUST.
Chill bud. No need for name calling

Reactions: 57 Years No Cup

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
No, he should accept a move if he’s told he won’t be part of the plans moving forward.

We just saw a report of the leafs offering skinner to play on his line. Clearly he has not been told he’s not part of the plans. That’s why a lot of you should stop listening to people on HF Boards who honestly don’t know anything. You lot amp each other up and get mad at the player when something you’ve made up in your head doesn’t happen.

Bust

Jul 28, 2016
We just saw a report of the leafs offering skinner to play on his line. Clearly he has not been told he’s not part of the plans. That’s why a lot of you should stop listening to people on HF Boards who honestly don’t know anything. You lot amp each other up and get mad at the player when something you’ve made up in your head doesn’t happen.
A report from who? Bustthews? Sounds made up.

Ya, no you’re right though. Let’s just not discuss anything because reasons?

Da Mash

Jul 14, 2022
Montreal traded Mike Cammalleri in the 2nd period of a game. The GM went on record saying if you want loyalty get a dog. If people think it’s harsh here, it’s mild compared to some.

The media convinced fans that Marner was being traded with all their crap and tweets etc. Talk shows was all about trading Marner.

Why make fans hate a player when Marner holds all the cards? Now that free agency and the draft are over.....the same mediots are saying .... the leafs had no power to trade Marner.

No kidding....he has a NMC

We have no idea what the results will be next year. Every year is a new year. Enjoy the season...we all want the leafs to win but booing a player who wants to be here and has the right not to waive his contract shouldnt be booed .......

Boo the team then.....or management...

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
A report from who? Bustthews? Sounds made up.

Ya, no you’re right though. Let’s just not discuss anything because reasons?

Was actually Chris Johnston who reported it haha. I just gotta double check, he’s a legit insider right? Yup…

No one is saying don’t discuss anything. But HF Boards is not reality. Discussing something on HF Boards has about 0.0000000000000001% effect on managements decisions. And that’s the problem that some people on here face. Marner hasn’t been traded, well who said him being traded was really on the table?

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Why would you boo him? He has come as advertised, and playing up to his capabilities.

Boo mgmt who recklessly mismanaged the cap and overpaid the players.

Marner's not the villain here.

You don't think he can play any better past the first 4 games of the playoffs? Yeah, you might be right.

We have no idea what the results will be next year. Every year is a new year. Enjoy the season...we all want the leafs to win but booing a player who wants to be here and has the right not to waive his contract shouldnt be booed .......

Speak for yourself, I have a pretty good idea of how next season is likely to play out. :)

Bust

Jul 28, 2016
The media convinced fans that Marner was being traded with all their crap and tweets etc. Talk shows was all about trading Marner.

Why make fans hate a player when Marner holds all the cards? Now that free agency and the draft are over.....the same mediots are saying .... the leafs had no power to trade Marner.

No kidding....he has a NMC

I personally have been championing a Marner trade for probably the last 3 seasons.

It just makes sense now with the remaining term on his contract.

I’ve seen enough of the east-west crap but I guess it checks some of your (and other fans) boxes.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
This fanbase is nowhere near as harsh and unforgiving as some people make us out to be. Don't equate large with brutal. New York, Philly, Boston, Montreal etc. are all much more nasty.

If Mitch starts the season on a heater the casuals and suits who can afford to attend the games will cheer him.
And you won’t? Mitch on another 20 plus game scoring streak and you will be booing?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad