Does Marner get Boo’d?

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Does Marner get Boo’d at home games?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bust

Jul 28, 2016
When we play at home style games (Ottawa included), does Marner hear the boo birds?

I think so, fans are tired of him. If he digs in his heels and decides he doesn’t want to leave, do we as fans let him hear it?

Discuss.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Not until playoffs probably. Or if the 'contract discussions' get really nasty and there's no clear resolution in sight late into the season.

Bust

Jul 28, 2016
Why not boo all of them?
I assume you mean the “core four”?

I’d say there’s a clear difference in accountability and heart in the playoffs with Marner comparing directly to the three others.

We all know how the contracts are structured - if Marner digs in and refuses to go, he is intentionally preventing this team from improving.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
He's always been a good regular season contributor... so it's unlikely he gets booed in the regular season... if the team fails again in the playoffs, the whole team should be booed. I also don't think the general public is as mad about Marner, as some of the hardcore fans who post on forums and the like.... they'll get over it as soon as he starts scoring.

Also, it's not as if he refused a trade, so why boo him? Management just decided to keep him...

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I assume you mean the “core four”?

I’d say there’s a clear difference in accountability and heart in the playoffs with Marner comparing directly to the three others.

We all know how the contracts are structured - if Marner digs in and refuses to go, he is intentionally preventing this team from improving.
They've all underperformed and should all be held accountable.

Reactions: diceman934

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
We joke but the difference between the Kessel teams or even the PA Pareanteau teams is basically 82 games vs 89 games a year.

And caring about games during the regular season...

I like having a chance vs no chance, but that's just me.

Reactions: bax

Bust

Jul 28, 2016
Too logical.

The same people will likely cheer on management for running it back again after promising they won't watch this year.
I can only speak for myself obviously.

I feel that you just don’t trade a big top centre like Matthews. This isn’t PLD we’re talking about - perennial rocket winning, solid defensively, Allstar centre.

Willy just re-signed. That would be silly. JT is falling off the cap next year.

The way the cap works with the salary Marner demands - he’s just not a fit anymore. That’s the salary cap for you! If he’s told he won’t be brought back, why wouldn’t he want a fresh start somewhere?

Its not your fault

Nov 24, 2016
When we play at home style games (Ottawa included), does Marner hear the boo birds?

I think so, fans are tired of him. If he digs in his heels and decides he doesn’t want to leave, do we as fans let him hear it?

Discuss.
Why ask us to Discuss your topic without your own opinion at hand? Seems like pull the pin and walk away.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad