Does Anyone Else Fear Silfverberg Will Become Our Kadri?

arglebargle

Feb 27, 2008
You didn't watch him in the AHL, I'm assuming. Bingo's ice is smaller than Ottawa's as a matter of fact. In first 10 games he could really find any room to get his shot off and all but after that he was just nit-picking their defense like it was nothing. Shooting it at will from everywhere once he got the feel of the game and speed. I have no doubt that it's the case for him in this league too. Much more aggressive than he is used too but yesterday he handled the physical game MUCH better than previously.

I have no doubt he will bounce back. He was scoring at a 1.5 PPG pace before getting called up in his last 10 games.

I hadn't seen him in the AHL, thanks for the info. I guess we'll have to see if he can figure out how to do the same thing against better players/goalies. It's a good sign that he's been able to figure it out in both the SEL and the AHL.

Jan 24, 2006
Ottawa
Maybe time is the answer, they have only played 5 games.

But with the shortened season I'm not sure MacLean can take too long to try other combinations given neither of the top two lines are producing (Turris excepted).

Latendresse has not been able to keep up with Alfie and Turris. Daugavins is no offensive star, but the Turris line looked much better with him there, which leads me to believe Silf would be even better.

I also thought the Spezza line showed a little more with Greening back with them.

IMO great line combinations come from matching players with complimentary skills. As I see it the top six for the Sens haven't found the right matches yet.

Turris should play with Silf.

bottomofthefoodchain

Feb 10, 2008
Stockholm
Imo if anyone will get the so called Kadri treatment, it will be Zibanjead, simply because they were both early 1st round picks.
But the fans in Toronto seem a lot more demanding, since they have bigger fan base (hope I'm not stopping on any those here!) and also the Leafs have been sucking for a long time now.

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
You don't have to worry about he media getting on his case; they are the Murray's mouthpieces and don't think for themselves.

Silf has been pretty hyped and I was expecting a lot more than one goal so far...and a very nice hit against Tampa Bay, but if he turns out to be a 15-20 goal scorer that's not bad I guess.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad