Doc Emrick Retiring

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
But I thought HE WOULD NOT GOOOO????!!!

WAFFLEBOARDED!

He was best in his Devils days, but he was always better than a lot of people gave him credit for.

HIT THE POST WITH THA SHAWT!!! :eek::eek::eek:

or when you absolutely murder Connor Mcdavid for the tenth time with a Check from Behind in EA NHL:

OH!! HE IS DRILLED!! :cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: John Price

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
The illuminati is responsible for hiring hockey announcers that you do not like. They got tired of the whole taking over the world thing.
could be that the usa ruling class and the illuminati are seperate entitys but i would have no way of knowing that to date , but im stalking them and plan on knowing it

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
Albert was one of the commentators for the Caps that preceded Joe B (him and Smoken' Al Koken predated Joe Beninati in the old HTS days)

I always am neutral when Albert calls a hockey game. He is very flexible and does baseball, hockey and football. But Albert's hockey is pretty okay. It doesn't strike me as a "#1 PBP voice"
Albert started out calling Baltimore Skipjacks games as well. He overlapped with Kolzig's tenure on both teams, actually. He called some Nationals games in 2005 too.

Kezaster

Apr 29, 2013
I didnt mind his pbp but wasnt a huge fan either. Seemed like a genuine good, classy guy.

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
Yes!!!
AllSpiritedEgret-size_restricted.gif

I know some people like him, BUT
-The pubescent sounding scrawny voice
-The butchering of the hockey lexicon
-The feigned excitement
-The irrelevant anecdotes
-And the losing track of the game

Are a welcome departure.

2020 just got much better!!

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Happy trails, Doc. NBC should hire those bickering old men from the muppets- can’t please everybody, might as well get weird with it. Also gritty sits in the booth in silence. You only see him during booth shots and it’s f***ing weird.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Definitely the right time to retire, but the man was a complete professional and had a mind to the game that we may never see in the booth ever again.

Reactions: missionAvs

Stlblue50

Apr 17, 2019
Wow surprising, what a streak Doc had of calling the big games. Last final he announced in person was the Blues winning it for the first time. Good way to go out!

With Pierre out of the main crew, hoping Forsburg gets it and that will make it a real solid crew.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
All of you making light of this and bashing docs work have absolutely no idea what it means to be an excellent play by play announcer. Doc was by far the best to ever do it. He brought excitement to the games, had a genuine love for what he did, was an absolute wordsmith and described plays so well you could close your eyes and picture exactly what was happening. Doc will be sorely missed.

stungun54

Apr 15, 2018
HFBoards since 2000
best wishes Doc your retirement is well deserved. enjoy your time with your wife and family and be safe. you were a true lover of the game
and it showed in your passion for calling it. best wishes and thank you.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad