Post-Game Talk (GBU): Doan is a four letter word in Buffalo

struckbyaparkedcar

Guilty of Being Right
Mar 1, 2008
Upstate NY
I wanted Buffalo to sign him because it would have said something about the marketability of the franchise amd city. Otherwise, **** Shane Doan. **** his crying about getting dusted in 2009. **** his cheapshot on Myers the next season. **** his sterling reputation in spite of his petulance.

Wisent42

Jan 9, 2012
Södertälje
He was slashed on his right side, but his left shoulder went into the boards awkwardly. I worry about shoulder and collarbone most. When he was laid out in the hallway it looked like he was propping himself up with his right arm.

I was also thinking that maybe it wasn't the slash but the check into the boards right after. A dislocated shoulder? I hear it hurts like quit, doan, hull and other four-letter words. :)

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
If it was broken we would have found out by now and if it was hairline I don't think he would have been in that much pain. Someone said he fell to his knees in the tunnel and a dislocated shoulder will do that. Having anything dislocated sucks and will make you feel like you are about to throw up and weak in the knees. Very weird that we haven't heard anything yet.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Sounds like Doan was/is extremely frustrated, especially with his teammates. Moulson may have paid the price for that frustration. Here were some of his quotes:

“Two-to-one to start the second, and we do absolutely nothing – nothing as a group,” captain Shane Doan said. “Absolutely nothing.”

“I don’t even know what our level is because we’re barely above average right now if we’re average,” Doan said. “It’s not acceptable, not even close.”

“We have a chance to put a team away when you’re up 2-1 at home, and I don’t think we had a shot for 12 minutes,” Doan said. “It’s embarrassing. It’s embarrassing. That’s how the game got away.”

“They get a lucky bounce, and they find a way to win a game,” Doan said. “We find a way to lose another one.”

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/coy...me-loss-to-buffalo-sabres.html?nclick_check=1

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
If it was broken we would have found out by now and if it was hairline I don't think he would have been in that much pain. Someone said he fell to his knees in the tunnel and a dislocated shoulder will do that. Having anything dislocated sucks and will make you feel like you are about to throw up and weak in the knees. Very weird that we haven't heard anything yet.
Well, it is an off day, so updates are always slow. Also, with the parents on the trip, they're headed to Coors Brewery and a steakhouse today.

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
This could either be a slight blessing or a total disaster.

The timing isn't awful as he'll have 5 weeks to heal before the deadline. If he's close to returning by then, we should be able to deal him no problem.

Depends on what his injury is. If it's a wrist/hand injury, it might hurt his goal-scoring ability even after he's back and scare teams off

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Doan's always been a cheap dirtbag imo, but he's a classy Canadian vet leader in the eyes of the hockey world.

Also, yeah, having a dislocated shoulder is a horrible feeling, and it's not just about the pain. It's a shock to your body before you really understand what's happening.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad