Jake Guentzel or Sam Reinhart?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who's better?

• Jake Guentzel

Votes: 116 48.5%
  • Sam Reinhart

Votes: 109 45.6%
  • Even

Votes: 14 5.9%

• Total voters

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
This is a tough one… I just don’t know if we can expect a repeat from Reinhart next year…

His shooting percentage is a ridiculous 24.7%. If it goes down to around 17%, which is still above his career average, and his shots level at around 220, he’s likely to put up 35-40 goals.

So ya, they’re probably pretty comparable.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Sam is better defensively and just put up 57 goals. He's a better skater to in my opinion so going him. They in same tier though just think Sam has done more with less.
Reinhart is definitely not a better skater, but he's certainly more well rounded.

Similar complimentary offensive players that rely more on IQ and positioning than raw skill.

banks

Only got 3 of 16.
Aug 29, 2019
Reinhart was better this last season, but Jake has a batter track record.

I went with Reinhart, perhaps against my better judgement. I just agree with @Killer Orcas that he's done more with less. Guentzel has had a pretty huge advantage to play with Sid and Geno for so long.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Probbaly JG, but if the question was about who'd I'd rather sign as a UFA - I probbaly just go with the cheaper option (whoever that may be).

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Sam is better defensively and just put up 57 goals. He's a better skater to in my opinion so going him. They in same tier though just think Sam has done more with less.

In what world? Lmao, that's one of the, if only, warts in Reinhart's game.

Killer Orcas

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Reinhart is definitely not a better skater, but he's certainly more well rounded.

Similar complimentary offensive players that rely more on IQ and positioning than raw skill.

In what world? Lmao, that's one of the, if only, warts in Reinhart's game.
Well maybe I'm wrong with the skating as you guys have both pointed out. Maybe it's the style of play between Penguins and Panthers but Reinhart looked like he was moving better in my opinion at least. Maybe it's he killing penalties and I'm from old mentality faster guys are better at PK and Jake doesn't ever do PK. Regardless thanks for pointing out. Cheers

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Offensively pretty close, I'd give the edge to Guentzel

Defensively, completely different universes

Overall, Reinhart pretty easily

Reactions: behemolari

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010

Yeah. They're two of those really weird guys that i'd call, "elite complementary wingers". Which sounds like kind of an oxymoron, but it describes them accurately. They're both just really smart and effective at knowing where to be, keeping the puck moving around to bigger offensive catalysts on their line, supporting the play, and getting to the right spots with solid finishing ability when called upon.

Reactions: WhiskeyYerTheDevils

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
career wise they are close

Guentzel 29 YOA 520 games-227 g-264 assists 491pts 232pms
Reinhart 28 YOA 696games 255 goals-283 assists 538pts 146 pts

Next season will JG first year away from both Sid the Kid and Geno and we will see how he is on his own

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Guentzel has historically been a much better 5v5 scorer. Reinhart is better defensively but I think Guentzel is overall the more effective 5v5 player. Reinhart has been better on the PP, but I do wonder whether Guentzel would perform better there on the right team. Reinhart is definitely better on the PK. I think it’s a bit team dependent but I think in general I prefer 5v5 scoring.

Last edited:

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Results are weird in this poll

Jake is going to be 30 and will never sniff Selke consideration. Reinhart on the other hand...

Reinhart’s only a year younger though, and despite a huge year with a nearly 25% shooting percentage, he’s historically been a worse producer.

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
Barkov makes Reinhart better, just like he made Huberdeau better. Now insert Guentzel with Barky and he would do close to same as Reinhart, hence I'll vote Jake.

Reactions: behemolari

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Guentzel has historically been a much better 5v5 scorer. Reinhart is better defensively but I think Guentzel is overall the more effective 5v5 player. Reinhart has been better on the PP, but I do wonder whether Guentzel would perform better there on the right team. Reinhart is definitely better on the PK. I think it’s a bit team dependent but I think in general I prefer 5v5 scoring.
Sums up my thoughts perfectly.

Same class of star winger though. Basically you’ve got your true gravitational superstars (Pasta, Kuch, Rantanen, Panarin, Kaprizov, etc) and then I think these two slot comfortably in that level right below…I’d call them “complimentary superstars”.

Reactions: Regal

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Barkov makes Reinhart better, just like he made Huberdeau better. Now insert Guentzel with Barky and he would do close to same as Reinhart, hence I'll vote Jake.
How is this different than Guentzel playing with Crosby/Malkin?

Voted even…but I’m very interested to see how Guentzel performs next season away from Pittsburgh. Good poll, OP!

ESH

Jun 19, 2011
Huberdeau played mostly with Bennett as his center the year he finished 2 in league scoring

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad