Do you think we'll make the playoffs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
I don't think the odds of it happening are great, but I also don't think the "Win the Presidents' Trophy" option deserves and "lol" at the end. We're not that far behind the best team in the league.

:huh: How can you say that we are a borderline playoff team and in the same breath say that we are also one of the best teams in the league?

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
:huh: How can you say that we are a borderline playoff team and in the same breath say that we are also one of the best teams in the league?

I'm saying the odds of winning the Presidents' Trophy aren't great, too many good teams and we had a slow start. But it's not LOL-worthy to pick that option.

Leetch66

Jan 8, 2007
PEI Canada
Not worried abut TB . The big key is winning our own series in less than 7 games for a change . I still think a Joel Ward type would not hurt being added to the forward ranks...

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
It'll be funny if Tampa gets the top seed and loses early again, and the Rangers make it to the ECF.

we'll never hear the end of it about how we "would have never gotten to the SCF cause Tampa was eliminated unfairly"

Main boards would be such a joke

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I've been looking at the points needed and what a team needs to get in their remaining games to make the playoffs. Assuming 93 is the last wild card, the Rangers merely need 47 points in 46 games or slightly more than a point per game. To date they are playing at a 1.278 ppg pace. To miss the playoffs would take a massive collapse imo. With their roster I don't see that happening.

BarbaraAlphanse

Teams that scare me the most in the East, in following order:

Tampa
Pittsburgh
Detroit
Montreal
Toronto
NYI
Was

If CBJ somehow makes the playoffs, they projectile up to 3rd on that list.

Claxton

Sep 30, 2007
Hard to say how good this team really is. The potential is very high if Hayes, Fast and Miller keep improving. Solid all the way through the lineup with no glaring weaknesses.

All thats needed is a good veteran LD at the deadline. Stack up the 3rd pairing with Hunwick as a 7th. And probably a reliable 13th forward instead of Glass that can step in for any of the bottom 6 forwards when needed.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Hard to say how good this team really is. The potential is very high if Hayes, Fast and Miller keep improving. Solid all the way through the lineup with no glaring weaknesses.

All thats needed is a good veteran LD at the deadline. Stack up the 3rd pairing with Hunwick as a 7th. And probably a reliable 13th forward instead of Glass that can step in for any of the bottom 6 forwards when needed.

Just wish we wouldn't have wasted 1.5 million in salary cap for Glass. We could have added that depth at defense . Now not so sure

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
Teams that scare me the most in the East, in following order:

Tampa
Pittsburgh
Detroit
Montreal
Toronto
NYI
Was

If CBJ somehow makes the playoffs, they projectile up to 3rd on that list.

I don't know whats funnier. That you have toronto in a playoff spot or that you actually fear them and 2 spots higher than any other team. :laugh:

magnkarl

Jan 26, 2014
Pickled Herring etc.
I'm feeling good about a playoff spot. We've not been playing that well besides from a couple of games here and there, and our "first" line with Nash, Zucc and Brass is not fully fired up. Considering we've been doing so well besides that, how can we complain?

Once Kreids, Zucc and Hayes get going even more we're set for 100+ points which probably gets us close to winning our division.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Montreal remains the one team that I fear, simply because I cannot fathom how they remain a top team. It has to be price, as they have an underwhelming roster. Subban is vastly overrated IMO, the rest of the D is meh, and they lack a gamebreaker. So it must come down to Price and Therrien. I believe I saw a stat where they are undefeated this year when scoring first. I understand the trepidation about TB, but they remain an inexperienced playoff team. I respect Detroit, but do not fear them. I feel that the playoff victory over the Pens last year has killed that demon in my eyes. Frankly, I feel confident going into any playoff matchup in the Eastern Conference with this current lineup.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Montreal remains the one team that I fear, simply because I cannot fathom how they remain a top team. It has to be price, as they have an underwhelming roster. Subban is vastly overrated IMO, the rest of the D is meh, and they lack a gamebreaker. So it must come down to Price and Therrien. I believe I saw a stat where they are undefeated this year when scoring first. I understand the trepidation about TB, but they remain an inexperienced playoff team. I respect Detroit, but do not fear them. I feel that the playoff victory over the Pens last year has killed that demon in my eyes. Frankly, I feel confident going into any playoff matchup in the Eastern Conference with this current lineup.

Price is a beast. Top-3 goalie and just a notch below Hank.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Nasher will sneak us into playoffs. :)
We're either too young or too old at the moment -
we don't have too many 'elite' players in Rangers to
be consider as an 'elite' team.
Tort won't help us - we need a new GM with a different approach.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014

I agree I don't know how they do it. I give them credit . They just know how to win consistently . Funny thing is most of their fans always want Michel therrien gone after they lose a game.

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
Nasher will sneak us into playoffs. :)
We're either too young or too old at the moment -
we don't have too many 'elite' players in Rangers to
be consider as an 'elite' team.
Tort won't help us - we need a new GM with a different approach.

Disagreed, we are quite elite. Elite G, one Elite D (McD), Elite forwards: Nash, Step, MSL (even at his age).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad