Do You REALLY want the season to be cancelled now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Lou

Apr 2, 2004
This is for people who wanted the season to be cancelled up to yesterday:

Do you really really really still want the season to be cancelled?

OR

Are you willing to not have the league the way you want it just as long as they play?

Goalie27*

I don't care how they play as long as they play.... I want hockey. :hockey:

At least I can still watch college hockey. :o

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
i want to see NHL hockey...i want a good deal done but losing a season hurts the league in too many ways

LazRNN

Dec 17, 2003
Sure seems as if a lot of the folks who have decided to take sides and spin dogma on this board would be dissapointed if they somehow reached a compromise and started the league up again. Screw them. Screw the players. Screw the owners. I want to see elite level, professional hockey again, now, and I feel like I'm on a friggin' deserted island.

Neither side went far enough to get a resolution. There was a wide middle ground that neither side ventured into.

And the poll question is screwed... they won't be able to fix the game. Whatever they think they might be fixing, they'll be dealing with a whole new slew of problems that no one involved has the foresight to envision. The league will be lucky to be on the level of MLS or NLL when this is resolved.

jacketracket*

Kill the season now.

IMO, the possibility of reaching some sort of temporary agreement --- in order to save a 30-game sham season --- is getting in the way of the serious negotiating that needs to take place in order to fix this thing long-term.

Each side is trying to use the "we could still squeeze in 10 games, if you'd just be reasonable" gambit, and it's clouding the bigger picture.

Pavel

Mar 1, 2004
Houston
I want hockey.

BUT….

Unfortunately I think a deadline either way should have been set weeks ago. A 25-game regular season would be ridiculous. I'm not sure that a "season" can be completed at this point. Even if they reach a deal tonight.

Street Hawk

Feb 18, 2003
Visit site
Kill it...

I want the season killed right now. I'd rather see both sides see the 2 billion dollar NHL business drop by 25-50% when they finally agree to a deal in 2006. Then, both sides will really feel the brunt of their complete stupidity.

I love hockey, but given how boring the NHL has become, I'd rather not see it until they bring real changes to the game, like dressing only 17 or 18 players a night to eliminate the pylons who can handle the puck, shrinking the goalie equipment, enforcing the rules, protecting the players from one another, improving sportsmanship (no more face washes, and slashes after the whistle), few games, etc.

Phaneuf*

I think they need to keep working at a system that will work for a long time but forget about a season. We all know that a few teams (Rangers, Pens, Caps) are going to tank to get a great prospect Crosby, Burle, Johnson. Also a 25 game season is really pointless imo winning the cup would not feel right and the players would know it.

PecaFan

Nov 16, 2002
Ottawa (Go 'Nucks)
I don't think most answering this are reading the question. If you wanted the season cancelled yesterday, very little has happened today to cause you to change your mind.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
I'm ready to kill the season if it means hockey back next season with all the rules I want changed, and if all canadians teams can survive and prosper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad