Do you like this team?

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
The Leafs have just 2 losses during regulation in their past 14 games. But you wouldn't guess it reading through this.
They have lost 5 in a row. A loss is a loss is a loss. Just because the NHL decided to award something to the loser doesn’t make it any better.
Overtime losses will not cut it in the playoffs

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
I like a few of the players some are horrible but the real issue comes down to management. Our GM is floundering around big time. We have a coach with very little NHL experience and makes some very questionable decisions and if they lose in the first round again and Shanny let’s Dubas and Keefe keep their jobs then he is a problem going forward

paulhiggins

Feb 4, 2006
I stopped liking most of the players around the time when Pat Quinn left, although there were a couple years when Orr and McLaren were both playing they were watchable.

Captain14

Jan 3, 2018
Buffalo, NY
If this team can get average goaltending, it’ll win a cup
Not a chance.
We need players that have the courage to do whatever it takes to win, we don’t have those types of players.
You’re not going to win cups with Marner, Reilly, and Nylander, you will make the playoffs every year, but that’s about it.

67leafs

Oct 17, 2019
Nope no killer instinct, no grit, no toughness, no goaltending, no power play, no power play coach.
It this point it will be another first round exit.

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
The minute Hyman got his knee taken out and the team did NOTHING... at that moment i said f*** this team. Absolute joke. Still bleed blue and white but it’s really hard to give a flying f***

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
The minute Hyman got his knee taken out and the team did NOTHING... at that moment i said f*** this team. Absolute joke. Still bleed blue and white but it’s really hard to give a flying f***
Dude, everytime this team sneezes you say "f*** this team".

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013

There is a bigger % of the fan population that would stick up for Hyman than the % of players on his team... that is a sad commentary on the gutless floaters on this team. So what someone punches you in the face, it's not as bad as most people think.

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
The most wildly inconsistent team of the top ten teams in the league by far . Every 5-10 games or so of playing pretty good , we then follow it up with 5-10 games of erratic poor play in some form or another . It seems that when our elite players score more than not , it camouflages our weaknesses , when that scoring dries up , our warts show . this is obviously not a strong way to win playoff rounds and certainly the cup

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
They have lost 5 in a row. A loss is a loss is a loss. Just because the NHL decided to award something to the loser doesn’t make it any better.
Overtime losses will not cut it in the playoffs

The NHL has always maintained that a tie at the end of regulation was a point in the standings.

You real issue is with the points awarded after (OT/SO wins)

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
I like a few of the players some are horrible but the real issue comes down to management. Our GM is floundering around big time. We have a coach with very little NHL experience and makes some very questionable decisions and if they lose in the first round again and Shanny let’s Dubas and Keefe keep their jobs then he is a problem going forward

Ya, because all the experience Babcock, Lou, Burke, Nonis, Maurice, Carlyle, etc. etc. had did this team swell.

Inexperience /= incompetence.

I dont think Keefe is the issue, although he needs to learn how to make adjustments sooner, and I certainly do not think Dubas is the issue.

NK94

Feb 5, 2019
Wish the Leafs could Will To Win their goalies to SV %’s above .900.

*Big Sieve Dave lets in an unscreened wrister from thirty feet out*

“Leafs won’t win anything with Nylander, Rielly, or Marner! Fire Dubas and Keefe!”

Like clockwork.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002

I can be a Dubas skeptic as much as anyone but I think his moves over the past year have been fairly well thought out to address some of the maturity issues with the core and for long stretches resulted in a juggernaut team. His deadline deals were meticulous in filling in the last roster holes, put a little more at each position, got a goalie for insurance, etc.

My only concern big picture is his original sin of overpaying for talent has been locked in by the flat cap which has capped the ability of the Leafs to make substantive upgrades. The backfill pieces have been good for stretches but there’s clearly a qualitative difference in what a league minimum guy like Thornton at 41 can do and what a prime aged TJ Brodie can help you build.

That said, the recent struggles feels like Dubas has sunk a lot of assets and players into changing the character of the core group but a lot of the bad habits seem to be baked in at this point.

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
We've addressed what was missing last year.
I don't believe we have. We were never missing a 41 year old who puts you shorthanded when he's on the ice. I think Kyle is so wide of the mark with his roster construction. However, that is only my opinion.

Ashdown2

Aug 19, 2006
the only real problems on this team is the coach forcing simmonds and thornoton on the ice every night.
lets face it these 2 guys drag down the whole team. they drag the second PP/sometimes first PP down, they provide no offense or defense. when your being outplayed by engvall every night thats a probem.
Sure they were feel good stories at the start of the year but its clear that they are no longer nhl calbur players. I dont want to hear the "they will help during the playoffs" argument ...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad