Do obviously overpaid players cause locker room rifts?

Indrid Cold

Oct 24, 2022
I keep wondering this. Do players who genuinely want to win look down on players with terrible contracts, to the point where it can affect the locker room and team morale?

I would think that hungry Oilers players would be pissed looking at Nurse's contract, and the fact he's not living up to it, and seeing that wasted cap space.

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022
It depends who's on your team. If it's Ollie Jokinin or Ryan Suter then yes. They are known to talk sh** about players contracts.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Us fans think like this. Players don’t.

It depends who's on your team. If it's Ollie Jokinin or Ryan Suter then yes. They are known to talk sh** about players contracts.
They were? Hearsay or actual evidence supporting this?

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
If they already don’t like the guy it is ammo. What they mostly don’t care for is unprofessional behavior and lack of compete. Usually not the hallmark of big money and for instance why Nurse is well liked in the room. We have instances of guys where they certainly are disliked and their contract is the topper to drive the whole rooms point home.

SheldonJPlankton

Sponsor
Oct 30, 2006
If you are playing on a team that signs flawed players to fat contracts...did you really sign there expecting to win? Seems to me that it's money that motivates such teams/players and not on-ice success.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad