Do fans ever switch teams when relocating?

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
As I watched the Wings suck from the comfort of Georgia, I wondered if, and how often a hockey fan might change allegiance when they relocate to another NHL city? Have you ever seen it?
Moved from Boston to Portland. I root for the Kraken only when they play the Habs, outside of that, they can suck donkey balls as far as I'm concerned. Besides, 'Seattle sucks worse than Portland' (if a WHL fan you'll understand the reference).

• Haha
Reactions: Hockeyville USA

David Bruce Banner

Acid Raven Bed Burn
Mar 25, 2008
Waaaaay over there
I moved from one side of the country to the other 15+ years ago, but by that time I had already invested 35+ years in being a Canucks fan... and Nova Scotia doesn't have a team of their own. Regardless, though, I would probably have still hung onto my allegiance out of sheer bloodymindedness.
The Benning era was tough though, staying up to 11:30 just to watch a game where they would, most likely, pathetically lose meant that I didn't watch too many of their home games.

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
What about when a team moves away from your hometown?

I was a huge Nordiques fan. I can’t bring myself to cheer for the Avalanche, despite appreciating a lot of their players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad