Feb 21, 2020
If Headland wrote Revenge of the Sith:

Attachments

• zpf6fvs6bu5d1.png
    zpf6fvs6bu5d1.png
    229.9 KB · Views: 11

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I kinda feel bad for this Michael Giordano guy.
Yeah, it sounds like he doesn't agree with Disney's practices and was getting it off of his chest when he thought that it was safe to do so. Now, Disney has told him to take a leave of absence and I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being permanent.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Its about the money at this point. They slandered her by changing the context of what she said to justify them firing her. If she is owed money they should have to pay.

Yeah it's about money for Carano, sure. I mean she got fired for being silly while having a *cake* job (looking at you, Jonathan Majors) and now just wants some of that Mickey Mouse money. Doesn't sound like she's owed anything for her work done, but rather she feels she was discriminated against so she wants Disney to pay.

So nah I don't support Carano or anything. I think she got fired and she's mad, that's all.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I don't think that it's really about the money. The first request in her lawsuit is that she be reinstated. The second is for a judgment stating that her termination was illegal. It isn't until her third request that compensatory damages are asked for. She'll certainly take all of the money that she can get, but I think that she wants vindication more than anything.

Last edited:
Reactions: johnjm22

Stylizer1

Teflon Don
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Yeah it's about money for Carano, sure. I mean she got fired for being silly while having a *cake* job (looking at you, Jonathan Majors) and now just wants some of that Mickey Mouse money. Doesn't sound like she's owed anything for her work done, but rather she feels she was discriminated against so she wants Disney to pay.

So nah I don't support Carano or anything. I think she got fired and she's mad, that's all.
She had signed on to do a side series of her character. Now, if she lost acting jobs because she set aside the time required to film it and they paid her to keep her on retainer by justifying the fire allows them not to play a penny. She is out money. Companies do this all the time so they don't have to pay. Now she probably didn't have that many offers but the argument can be made and she deserves to be compensated. Also the defaming aspect of how they justified it.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
According to the filings, in early April last year, when production of the streaming series was still in full swing, just 30% of the 695 employees were female and across the entire workforce, women's average hourly pay was 19.4% lower than men’s.
It seems like the (work) force isn't female, after all.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON

It seems like the (work) force isn't female, after all.

It would be nice to know what job categories the employees were in.

The only clue is this:

What's more, although men outnumber women in the bottom and two middle hourly pay bands, 53% of the employees in the highest hourly pay band were also male.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005

Looks like Disney has failed to have the lawsuit dismissed.

Some strong wording from the judge in Carano's favor. The lawsuit is headed to trial.

I assume Disney will try and settle. It will be interesting to see what happens.

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006
It's probably in Disney's best interest to settle this. A Carano win might set some legal precedents that they wouldn't like.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
It's probably in Disney's best interest to settle this. A Carano win might set some legal precedents that they wouldn't like.
Good point. Even just going to trial, though, opens them up to the process of discovery, which could expose documents, such as e-mails, that they'd rather keep private. It could be embarrassing for them, regardless of who wins.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad