Speculation: Discussing the Next GM (Part 2)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

THE HOFF

Sep 26, 2007
Not sure if serious...
You expect internet posters to draw up a lost of candidates as if they're working in industry as VPs or consultants??

How the hell are people here supposed to know who'd be an actual good candidate? We dont have any information to actually know anything.
The only thing we agree on is whoever is in charge now has been a failure and is continuing to be one, there is no point in moving with the same staff.
Who comes in after...i dont know. Can you draw me a list of all the current GMs, their assistants, the GMs in all the minors as well, with all their experience and accomplishments..? Once that's done, can you tell me what are their philosophies, visions, and strengths?..

That's what made me laugh ...to read posters throw names out of their hats. names of ex-players with little to no experience.

I said find a president of hockey operations, and let him clean up and find the next GM. So we are basically saying the exact same thing, but for some reason you wanted to argue. :)

Last edited:

THE HOFF

Sep 26, 2007
I'd give Timmins a shot and I told you my reasons. And the clean house might come but not so sure it comes in the short term. You know what scares me the most? Bergevin is fired and Molson is left doing the interviews for the next GM. Be careful with what you wish for is what I say

I'd give Timmins a shot too, but in the kneecap.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Bobby Smith as President. Mark Madden Jr as GM. With Dean Lombardi and Patrick Roy as assistant GM.

For coach, I would like Joel but our development is important and so I would keep him in Laval for the time being, taking care of our boys for a few years. Dominique Ducharme should be fine with a roster focusing on younger players.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
That's what made me laugh is to read posters throw names out of their hats. names of ex-players with little to no experience.

I said find a president of hockey operations, and let him clean up and find the next GM. So we are basically saying the exact same thing, but for some reason you wanted to argue. :)
Well I agree then.

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
We got Dominique Ducharme from Drummondville.

How about Phillipe Boucher at the end of this year for GM?

Quebec Remparts head coach experience. Some seasoning as GM in Drummondville since May last year, NHL experience culminating with a Cup in Pittsburgh and made the suggestion last October that Price for Byram & Grubauer would work for both teams.

Nomination de Philippe Boucher au poste de directeur-gérant des Voltigeurs – Drummondville, Voltigeurs
Price au Colorado, l’échange «plein de sens» - TVA Sports

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Bobby Smith as President. Mark Madden Jr as GM. With Dean Lombardi and Patrick Roy as assistant GM.

For coach, I would like Joel but our development is important and so I would keep him in Laval for the time being, taking care of our boys for a few years. Dominique Ducharme should be fine with a roster focusing on younger players.

You mean Martin Madden?

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
I heard Scandella's French the other night during the locker room interviews, it wasn't atrocious.

How is Réjean A. Shero's French, you think? Perhaps an obscure New-Yorker accent but some basic French vocabulary from mommy nonetheless?

Jul 6, 2016
Youppi or JiCi would do ok I guess but Jacques Lemaire or Larry Robinson would do too..

both are-were coaches first and above all. Plus Lemaire would prefer to go to hell than to work for the Habs in Montreal. Lemaire cannot stand the medias at all.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Devils just made sure Brodeur would not be available...
He’s not going to get the GM role. John Harris is a big time analytics guy (coming from his finance background), the next Devils GM will be in the mood of Dubas, Chayka and expected to use analytics win immediately.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
I don't know enough about every potential candidate to tell you who is best. That's the President's job.

But, I can tell you that the President, The GM, the coach, basically everyone in this organization from a management perspective said that the goal this season was to make the playoffs. That we HAD to make the playoffs.

We aren't making the playoffs and we haven't in a long time.

So, this team will fail to achieve the goals as laid out by the organization. Bottom line this is it.

Now, the MB defenders seem to be claiming that they never actually meant that the goal was to make the playoffs, but I don't know, seems to me it's quite clear what kind of expectations were laid out to the fanbase.

I do not see how management can survive if they failed to meet the objective they set for themselves.

Reactions: Lshap

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
I don't know enough about every potential candidate to tell you who is best. That's the President's job.

But, I can tell you that the President, The GM, the coach, basically everyone in this organization from a management perspective said that the goal this season was to make the playoffs. That we HAD to make the playoffs.

We aren't making the playoffs and we haven't in a long time.

So, this team will fail to achieve the goals as laid out by the organization. Bottom line this is it.

Now, the MB defenders seem to be claiming that they never actually meant that the goal was to make the playoffs, but I don't know, seems to me it's quite clear what kind of expectations were laid out to the fanbase.

I do not see how management can survive if they failed to meet the objective they set for themselves.

I agree with everything except the last line. Yes they failed miserably in their objectives but I can easily see them survive.

OB5

May 2, 2015
I'd give Darche a long look.
I'd also love to see Molson be replaced as the top hockey voice. He needs a president of hockey ops. Since the mailloux fiasco it's clear this management team needs a new leader.

Reactions: amethyst

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York

Patrick Roy, "assisting"? Don't think so.

Reactions: amethyst

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad