OT: Discusión del Fútbol (EPL, FIFA, LIGA, USMNT, USWNT, MLS, etc) - Parte Seis

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

hb13xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
I’d think Berhalter is already on thin ice. There’s an abundance of outside pressure and this will be an embarrassing result if they don’t get out of the group as the host nation. Bringing in a new manager would be easier to do now as opposed to later as they head towards the World Cup.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Came here just for the @AlexBrovechkin8 rant…..
No rant necessary. Just disappointed. Going to five in the back at half time was waving the white flag and bound to end up in disappointment because this team is not built to sit back and defend the entire game. CCV was awful after getting subbed on and I’m not sure I can remember a less clutch striker than Pepe.

It is what it is. This group lacks a level of discipline — first Dest in the Gold Cup last year and now Weah — and cohesiveness. They’re going to get grouped in their own tournament when playing a knockout round game was the bare minimum expectation. Listening to Gregg talk about the refs and claiming the US still controlled the game was reminiscent of his delusions and excuses when they got smoked by Canada and his demeanor seems to have permeated into the locker room.

Knockout game vs Uruguay on Monday.

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I’d think Berhalter is already on thin ice. There’s an abundance of outside pressure and this will be an embarrassing result if they don’t get out of the group as the host nation. Bringing in a new manager would be easier to do now as opposed to later as they head towards the World Cup.
Still same old problem….who? They need a significant name/resume if they’re going to replace him….IMO.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
No rant necessary. Just disappointed. Going to five in the back at half time was waving the white flag and bound to end up in disappointment because this team is not built to sit back and defend the entire game. CCV was awful after getting subbed on and I’m not sure I can remember a less clutch striker than Pepe.

It is what it is. This group lacks a level of discipline — first Dest in the Gold Cup last year and now Weah — and cohesiveness. They’re going to get grouped in their own tournament when playing a knockout round game was the bare minimum expectation. Listening to Gregg talk about the refs and claiming the US still controlled the game was reminiscent of his delusions and excuses when they got smoked by Canada and his demeanor seems to have permeated into the locker room.

Knockout game vs Uruguay on Monday.
9pm game….if they get beat, that might be it for GB.

Seems insurmountable already to win that…

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
9pm game….if they get beat, that might be it for GB.

Seems insurmountable already to win that…
I don’t know. I would assume Uruguay is going to play their backups as we certainly aren’t going to make up the goal difference and it would be very unlikely Panama would, IMO. So they are pretty much locked into the 1 spot in the group already so why risk your starters?

I’d like to think our A team, playing at home, and with something big to play for can get a result against Uruguay’s B team who are playing for nothing. I guess we’ll see though…

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Still same old problem….who? They need a significant name/resume if they’re going to replace him….IMO.
Do they though? GB the was a mid-table coach in the MLS and was fired unceremoniously from a 2nd division Swedish team. He is wholly unqualified to coach this team and only got the job because of nepotism which has really been my issue since Day One. If he was qualified for the role and it just didn’t work out like Laviolette then that’s one thing but he was never qualified and didn’t deserve the job in the first place and watching him flounder around has grown tiresome.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
If we can get past the idea that the guy has to be an American or some reasonable big name I have no doubt they can bring in someone who can make a difference. Look at what Sagnol has done with Georgia for example. Don’t ask me who that is but clearly it can be done.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Do they though? GB the was a mid-table coach in the MLS and was fired unceremoniously from a 2nd division Swedish team. He is wholly unqualified to coach this team and only got the job because of nepotism which has really been my issue since Day One. If he was qualified for the role and it just didn’t work out like Laviolette then that’s one thing but he was never qualified and didn’t deserve the job in the first place and watching him flounder around has grown tiresome.
Regardless, they need a credible coach to take them to the next level…IMO…

YippieKaey

How you gonna do hockey like that?
Apr 2, 2012
Stockholm Sweden
I started reading this thinking you were talking about the 2024 Euros. Then realized you were talking Copa America. How is the US looking these days? My recollections are from like 20 years ago and i think "soccer" has really grown since then woth players like Mckennie and Dest being strong contributors in top leagues.

YippieKaey

How you gonna do hockey like that?
Apr 2, 2012
Stockholm Sweden
As a fan of said team, i object to the implications. We were actually in the "Superettan" (Superone) which is the second tier under the Allsvenskan (All swedish) but divison 2 in Sweden is actually the fourth division down. Perfectly logical.

Anyways we suck but regularly draw crowds of 20000 so at least it's fun:)

• Haha
Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
As a fan of said team, i object to the implications. We were actually in the "Superettan" (Superone) which is the second tier under the Allsvenskan (All swedish) but divison 2 in Sweden is actually the fourth division down. Perfectly logical.

Anyways we suck but regularly draw crowds of 20000 so at least it's fun:)
I apologize profusely, both for my implication and because GB coached your team. You seem like too good a guy to have suffered through that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad