OT: Discusión del Fútbol (EPL, FIFA, LIGA, USMNT, USWNT, MLS, etc) - Parte Seis

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
Germany 16 shots on goal, Switzerland with a grand total of 3, and yet, the Swiss up 1-0 with about 5 min left.

Edit; Drag. Germany ties it in injury time.

Last edited:

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
Horrible scene in Hungary/Scotland. Varga for Hungary got smoked in a free kick collision in the Scotland box and was knocked out cold before he even hit the ground. He had the “fencer’s pose” and looked like he started convulsing. Players were taking the stretcher from the medical staff because they didn’t think they were moving fast enough. Hope he’s ok.
The first update from the hospital :
"He is conscious and could handle a conversation."

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
Reasonable first game for the US. If Pepi could finish they would have scored at least a couple more. Bolivia is not in any way even a decent team though.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Reasonable first game for the US. If Pepi could finish they would have scored at least a couple more. Bolivia is not in any way even a decent team though.
Pepi could have had three or four, really poor finishing from him. Pulisic looked terrific. Weston looked like someone forgot to tell him he needed to do conditioning during the offseason. Jedi was outstanding.

Should have been at least 4-0, not unreasonable to think they could have had five or six. Hard to tell anything about that game though, Bolivia was awful and severely overmatched.

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
I think even if Italy does not score they still probably make the 1/8. Since at 1-0 they were already better than Hungary as 3rd place.

Kalopsia

Jun 25, 2018
Group C ends with two scoreless draws, meaning only one of the six games played in that group was decisive. They scored a total seven of goals in those six games, the lowest of any group (even the ones that have only played four games). Only one goal scored in a second half. Just eliminate all of them for being boring as f***.

England's reward for barely winning their cakewalk of a group is a cakewalk to the semis. They'll get a 3rd place team from group A, B, C, or D in the round of 16, then the winner of Austria vs (probably) Turkey in the semis. Is it just me or does England always seem to get the easiest draws in big tournaments? When was the last time England was in a group of death?

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
Austria was awesome...AAAAHNOLD must be happy...

That actually was a really good game...against Holland no less, which is a soccer power in Europe.

Guys I'm going to say something, and I might get eviscerated for it in some quarters, but I have to say...

I HATE this new trend of having female commentators at the big soccer tournaments.

It really ruins the experience for me.

And I'm a pretty woke guy, I really am, but some traditions should not be messed with.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Why do England play this way? Where's the killer instinct?
Didn't see the game but from everything I've absorbed about English national team footie it's the biggest pressure cooker imaginable and if you f*** up you're pilloried practically for life, so they're all probably too scared to let loose.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
That actually was a really good game...against Holland no less, which is a soccer power in Europe.

Guys I'm going to say something, and I might get eviscerated for it in some quarters, but I have to say...

I HATE this new trend of having female commentators at the big soccer tournaments.

And I'm a pretty woke guy, I really am, but some traditions should not be messed with.
There’s one who I find to be very good but no one beats Ian Darke for me. I’m sure there are others who are objectively better at calling the games but it’s always special to have Darke on the call.

Reactions: sycamore

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002

I felt like the lady today was pretty over the top with her calls....

Didn't see the game but from everything I've absorbed about English national team footie it's the biggest pressure cooker imaginable and if you f*** up you're pilloried practically for life, so they're all probably too scared to let loose.
it definitely shows...

Reactions: sycamore

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
CONCACAF shithousery so far between Panama and the US. The US gets a goal disallowed early, Panama inexplicably escapes a card on a dirty shot against Turner, Weah gets tossed for striking an opponent in the head to get a red card, and Flo Balogun just hit an absolute piss missile to give the US the lead.

And Panama just equalized on a lucky deflection. All in the first 26 minutes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad