Former Bruins Disappointing Bottom Six Forwards and Lower Pairing Defensemen

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
Most of the LD that Sweeney has brought in. Zboril, Lauzon, Vaak....John Moore, Forbort, Reilly, Liles, Holden,.....Lindholm deal was good, don't love the 8 years....Lohrei looks like a stud.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I’m not saying you aren’t going to end up right, but you also are planting the seed of a future bias IMO by deciding his almost sure fate is to underperform low expectations.
I’m simply looking at what he’s been for his career and expecting water to find its natural level here like usual. He has periods where people expect more but he always ends up reverting back to a bottom pairing guy because of his inconsistency.,

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I’m simply looking at what he’s been for his career and expecting water to find its natural level here like usual. He has periods where people expect more but he always ends up reverting back to a bottom pairing guy because of his inconsistency.,

The volume of the water can increase, though. Maybe he turns a corner here as there are a lot of factors at play- age and experience, system, D partners, coaching etc. Anyway, it is a bit early to call him a lower pair disappointment for the Bruins when he hasn't even played a real game.

Reactions: BMC and LSCII

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Surprised no one’s said Maroon yet.

Good one.

I had such high hopes he would bring toughness. Then he just watched Marchand get drilled in the head and did nothing but complain to the media that he asked people to fight him but no one would accept his challenge.

He never initiated anything he was 100% reactionary at best here.

Reactions: Mainehockey33

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Chuck Kobasew. I was pumped when the Bruins pick him up. He went had a couple of solid seasons here and then his career tanked.

The “worst” thing that Kobasew ever did was be the leading scorer for the Bruins for one year (with some hilariously paltry total like 22 goals). He was never more than a straight line grinder and that one season set the expectations unrealistically high for following seasons of mediocrity.

I’ve already accepted he will be overpaid for what he brings. Players of his ilk are always overpaid on the UFA market. If he can lay a huge hit every now and then and not give away chances habitually on the back end, I’ll take it. He was offered a huge pile of money and took it as we all would. Not going to hold that against him or make the mistake of expecting to see him set the world on fire because of an idealistic desire.

Reactions: PB37 and LSCII

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad