Former Bruins Disappointing Bottom Six Forwards and Lower Pairing Defensemen

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
I can honestly say that I enjoyed having Foligno on the team in his second full season. Miles up from his first season which made me think he’d never again be able to play even remotely effective hockey.

He was better his second season, but overall paying anyone nearly $4 mil and all they amount to is a 4th liner is disappointing

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024
I'll give you one to watch for this upcoming season: Nkita Zadorov.

So many people here believe he's the one missing element for this team to be successful come playoffs, and they're going to be sorely disappointed. He's a bottom pairing dman and has been his entire career, despite every team he's been on wanting, expecting, and hoping for more. Yet he's always ended up as a third pairing guy. And Boston will be no different.

I'm saving this one for SURE

also mine:

Tyler Seguin :sarcasm:

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
For some reason, the memory of Steve Begin in a Bruins uniform popped into my head early this morning as I was bottle feeding my two-month-old. Why, I do not know. Perhaps I looked down at my son's bald head and that was all it took to reprise the image of an NHL tweener who somehow found himself on the Bruins first line for a couple of games in a desperate search for team chemistry during the 2009-2010 season.

I remember multiple Hab fan sentiments along the lines of Begin being "all-heart" and "you'll love having him on your team" after the Bruins acquired his services. And even though I felt my expectations were reasonably low given his past production and low talent level relative to the big leagues, I still came away at the end of the season disappointed. 14 points. A terrible fighter. Very little physical impact despite a prior reputation for exactly that. Didn't provide much defensively. The fourth line was objectively miles better once he was gone and the likes of Gregory Campbell took over the next year.

None of us will struggle to name scoring forwards and skilled defenseman that left us feeling greatly underwhelmed when all was said and done. But who are some role-type players, either in a recent or distant past, that could not measure up to your already low overall expectations?
Unrelated, but I welcome one of my spit-up brothers in arms

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I thought Brad Stuart was kinda mid with us- especially given how he got here- he’s more middle pairing than bottom pairing though. Liked him more as RedWing

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
I thought Brad Stuart was kinda mid with us- especially given how he got here- he’s more middle pairing than bottom pairing though. Liked him more as RedWing
He had a fantastic finish to that one season then was hurt and left. His wife absolutely hated Boston

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
Most of the LD that Sweeney has brought in. Zboril, Lauzon, Vaak....John Moore, Forbort, Reilly, Liles, Holden,.....Lindholm deal was good, don't love the 8 years....Lohrei looks like a stud.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad