Value of: Dillon Dube

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
He's a good 2-way forward that can play all 3 forward positions. Is it possible he can fetch a late 1st rounder? Or at least a 2nd rounder + an A-/B+ prospect type of deal?
I just have no interest in trading him. He's a fantastic middle 6 player with wheels and you can use him in any role. We are a pretty slow team outside of the Backlund line and the D group. Need to keep Dube and Duehr.

Bjornar Moxnes

Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
I just have no interest in trading him. He's a fantastic middle 6 player with wheels and you can use him in any role. We are a pretty slow team outside of the Backlund line and the D group. Need to keep Dube and Duehr.

Fair enough, it's just it's possible he may price himself out eventually. Either way I mostly just want to sell high on Toffoli, but that may not happen is all.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Fair enough, it's just it's possible he may price himself out eventually. Either way I mostly just want to sell high on Toffoli, but that may not happen is all.
I just think we have lots of guys I'd move before Dube. You mentioned one of them.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vincent Clortho School for wizards
Dube is actually a guy I'd like to have the Devils take a shot on. I haven't watched a lot of calgary games, but the few I have, I've been impressed with his skating and he strikes me as a guy that could keep up with the Devils and their style.

NinjaTurtle

Feb 29, 2020
Windsor, Ont.
Dube is actually a guy I'd like to have the Devils take a shot on. I haven't watched a lot of calgary games, but the few I have, I've been impressed with his skating and he strikes me as a guy that could keep up with the Devils and their style.
The Devils still need more forwards? Don’t hoard them all.

NinjaTurtle

Feb 29, 2020
Windsor, Ont.
I just think we have lots of guys I'd move before Dube. You mentioned one of them.

Calgary needs to move money out. It would be better if it were a $4-6 million forward (or $10.5m lol) but Dube might be an easier casualty.

Not sure there is much of a market for Coleman or Mangipane. Toffoli and Lindholm would likely fetch well, but would hurt the team’s chances next year.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Calgary needs to move money out. It would be better if it were a $4-6 million forward (or $10.5m lol) but Dube might be an easier casualty.

Not sure there is much of a market for Coleman or Mangipane. Toffoli and Lindholm would likely fetch well, but would hurt the team’s chances next year.
I think you could move Mangiapane. I don't think you want to. I don't think you want to move Coleman either and I'm not sure you could. For me the easiest piece to delete is Toffoli. He's coming off a career year and has stats that pop. His 200 foot game has been worse this year though.

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
The thing is Calgary has depth at LW. Mangiapane, Dube, Huberdeau, Ritchie (if he re-signs), Ruzicka, Pelletier, Coleman, and maybe even Zary next season.

As it is Dube and Coleman are playing RW and Flames have a potential prospect named Coronato that could vie for a spot.

One of the reasons the Flames lost Bennett was that there was also a log jam at LW and C at the time and they weren't prepared to break the logjam.

So as much as I like Dillon's qualities I'd be prepared to trade him.

A roster player of equivalent age that is either a D or a RW and a pick if required to balance the transaction. Said player must also be trending up.

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
I think you could move Mangiapane. I don't think you want to. I don't think you want to move Coleman either and I'm not sure you could. For me the easiest piece to delete is Toffoli. He's coming off a career year and has stats that pop. His 200 foot game has been worse this year though.
Maybe to a random eye test. Not mine though. And his stats are pretty good. CF% at even strength is 59.1 with oZS% of 57.4. Positive Takeaway/Giveaway Ratio (1.16:1).

Teapot does all the little things right when away from the puck.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
Trading Dubé would mean trying to retool on the fly rather than rebuild, correct ? Because any kind of a rebuild would be with Dubé as one of the only guys to be kept.... Overall, I just don't see why Calgary would move a rare younger NHLer on an older roster, overall.

Reactions: Nanuuk

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
The thing about Dillon is that he finds a new level every year it seems.

2020-21 22 points (albeit is a shortened season)
2021-22 32 points
2022-23 42 points (and counting)

And he won't turn 25 until this summer.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Maybe to a random eye test. Not mine though. And his stats are pretty good. CF% at even strength is 59.1 with oZS% of 57.4. Positive Takeaway/Giveaway Ratio (1.16:1).

Teapot does all the little things right when away from the puck.
His lack of three hard strides on the backcheck was noticeable last night on 2 of the goals. That said, could be some recency bias on my part.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vincent Clortho School for wizards
what would you offer?

So in the context that Dube was a discussion for the Devils was basically if the Devils couldn't sign Bratt long term. They would flip Bratt for assets and use those assets to acquire a different NHL player and Dube was one of those type of players that I thought would have been a good fit. But I never really thought about it beyond that because I honestly have no idea what Calgary needs or anything.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
So in the context that Dube was a discussion for the Devils was basically if the Devils couldn't sign Bratt long term. They would flip Bratt for assets and use those assets to acquire a different NHL player and Dube was one of those type of players that I thought would have been a good fit. But I never really thought about it beyond that because I honestly have no idea what Calgary needs or anything.
We need a forward who can gain the zone and move the puck into it. Our best guy currently at this is Backlund. We used to have Gaudreau. That's basically what we need. Bratt/Gaudreau type. Unfortunately we gave our bag of money to Huberdeau.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
We need a forward who can gain the zone and move the puck into it. Our best guy currently at this is Backlund. We used to have Gaudreau. That's basically what we need. Bratt/Gaudreau type. Unfortunately we gave our bag of money to Huberdeau.
Any interest in signing Drouin this summer ? ... a guy like Drouin can actually gain the zone in control of the puck and make smart passes, but a Sutter type coach might not tolerate the flaws that come with his style of play (contactless, gritless and stays far from the crease)

He'll be a UFA so he's all yours. He should even be cheap in $ terrms, too.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
He's a good 2-way forward that can play all 3 forward positions. Is it possible he can fetch a late 1st rounder? Or at least a 2nd rounder + an A-/B+ prospect type of deal?
He has 1 yr left, then arbitration eligible. Then 3 yrs till UFA. He doesn’t have size.

I don’t see anyone moving a top 60 draft pick for him. Trading a player for a player is possible.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
Can you think of any comparables for him ?

A middle-six player, 7 years out of his draft class, with a year left on his deal ?

The examples that come to mind for me are guys like Eller (when leaving Montreal), Shaw (both ways), Dvorak, who were worth a 2nd along with a 1st, a 2nd or a 3d... but the 1st was likely an overpay, in part because Dvorak was signed for reasonable money through his prime. Dubé doesn't have that cost certainty.

I suspect after the playoffs some team will be looking to add depth and speed and Dubé would be worth a couple of seconds at that point.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
He needs to move to C before we trade him or we will have another Bennett situation.

Honestly last game it looked like he played a lot of C and Kadri played more W (besides face offs) and it was a lot more effective

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Can you think of any comparables for him ?

A middle-six player, 7 years out of his draft class, with a year left on his deal ?

The examples that come to mind for me are guys like Eller (when leaving Montreal), Shaw (both ways), Dvorak, who were worth a 2nd along with a 1st, a 2nd or a 3d... but the 1st was likely an overpay, in part because Dvorak was signed for reasonable money through his prime. Dubé doesn't have that cost certainty.

I suspect after the playoffs some team will be looking to add depth and speed and Dubé would be worth a couple of seconds at that point.
I wouldn't even move him for a late 1st honestly. It would need to be a top 15 pick for me even to think about it for a second. I get other teams might not want to pay that, but 2 way forwards with speed win you hockey games.

Reactions: Bjornar Moxnes

JPeeper

R.I.P. Johnny and Matthew Gaudreau
Jan 4, 2015
Why would the Flames trade him? A late 1st is horrible value since the likelihood of getting an NHLer at that part of the draft is already a long shot, and if they pan out they're just another Dube anyway but maybe worse.

I trade Mangiapane every day of the week before Dube.

Reactions: FlyguyOX

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
He has 1 yr left, then arbitration eligible. Then 3 yrs till UFA. He doesn’t have size.

I don’t see anyone moving a top 60 draft pick for him. Trading a player for a player is possible.
That's a really silly opinion. A team that won 2 cups traded 2 1sts for a player who Dube is a better version of in Coleman. Dube is bigger, faster, has a better shot and is turning into almost as good of a 2 way player. Oh and he's 3 years younger.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad