GDT: DIG IN! RIGHT NOW! Mantra of the 24-25 Season starts today! Oilers v Jets, 8 PM

Victor000

Dec 23, 2022
I couldn't really post anything after G7, the punch to the gut made it too difficult. But I am proud of the way the boys came back to tie the series. I'm sure there are things that could have been done differently, but they have nothing to be ashamed of. Hopefully, they get it done this year. Dig In.

LemmyUlanov55

4th line grinder
Apr 3, 2016
Well, well, well, looks like there's some Oilers hockey tonight. :hockey:
There's this time of the year when my sleeping schedule gets f***ed for about 8 months to watch (mostly) hockey for breakfast or late at night.

I enjoyed the absence of hockey but look forward to the Oilers this year! Let's Go!

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
The division banners are for topping the division in the regular season, not winning it in the new playoff format (and the Oilers definitely didn’t win the division in 05-06 as the 8th seed) so that’s why there aren’t any division banners up there.

Ah ok. I always thought the banners were all playoff banners. Thanks for that!

North

Jun 25, 2009
Wonder which geniuses in the front office thought this would be a good idea. Ultimately in the biggest moment, the best players did not rise to the occasion and the team fell flat when it mattered. The third line guys demonstrated the most heart, desire and compete but they weren't enough.

I'll hope for a simple banner raising with no additional adornment or fawning.. but making a spectacle of the conference win is just so typically on brand for this organization, with its constant self-fellating and attempts to revel in its faded glory. McDavid said it himself, let them move on and start fresh. Probably looking at an additional 30 minutes of cringe and lameness, which may well sit in the back of the mind for these guys and they start flat once again.
Are you okay?

• Haha
Reactions: Davo Ikinzom

CanadasTeam99

Jul 22, 2024
Well, well, well, looks like there's some Oilers hockey tonight. :hockey:
There's this time of the year when my sleeping schedule gets f***ed for about 8 months to watch (mostly) hockey for breakfast or late at night.

I enjoyed the absence of hockey but look forward to the Oilers this year! Let's Go!
Yup. I have finally got my schedule down to where I go to bed at 915sh and get up by 6.

Work from home, so I do get a lot of free time.

I might have to start just PVRing the games, turn my phone off, go to sleep, then watch it the next day without coming on here or listening to the radio lol

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
IMG_7159.jpeg

popo

Aug 9, 2005
A really good test out of the gate.
The Jets are a really good team. Well a really good regular season team; Hellebuyck and co sure blew up last year in the 1st round.

LemmyUlanov55

4th line grinder
Apr 3, 2016
Yup. I have finally got my schedule down to where I go to bed at 915sh and get up by 6.

Work from home, so I do get a lot of free time.

I might have to start just PVRing the games, turn my phone off, go to sleep, then watch it the next day without coming on here or listening to the radio lol
Sounds familiar. I just don't PVR games, I catch them or I'll watch highlights. Can't spent 82+ times a year watching hockey during the day/evening, it's already nuts. haha.

Reactions: Duke74

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Wonder which geniuses in the front office thought this would be a good idea. Ultimately in the biggest moment, the best players did not rise to the occasion and the team fell flat when it mattered. The third line guys demonstrated the most heart, desire and compete but they weren't enough.

I'll hope for a simple banner raising with no additional adornment or fawning.. but making a spectacle of the conference win is just so typically on brand for this organization, with its constant self-fellating and attempts to revel in its faded glory. McDavid said it himself, let them move on and start fresh. Probably looking at an additional 30 minutes of cringe and lameness, which may well sit in the back of the mind for these guys and they start flat once again.
Although they only made it to the seventh game of the finals, it was a bigger accomplishment than what was delivered by 30 other teams to their fan bases. While I’m cranked they didn’t win, I still applaud the 2023-2024 team for their significant accomplishment, CmcD on his Conn Smythe and then quickly pivot to focus on this season.

But please go ahead a continue to be grumpy .

Reactions: Davo Ikinzom

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
The offence on paper 'should' be better than last year with the additions of Skinner and Arvidsson. But the team is going to be noticeably slower after losing Holloway, McLeod and Foegele. But I'm never worried about our team offensively with the amount of firepower we have. It's the defence that I'm concerned about going into the season. Obviously we are accruing cap space over the season and will address the defence later.. so I'm not so worried about that. But in the meantime, I'm not sure this team can be fighting for first in the division with the current defence as it is. It'll be interesting to see how this season unfolds.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Im nervous and excited for the start of the season.
There is zero chance we can start as bad as last year with the gift of a schedule we have gotten.
5/11 games this month are against teams who made the playoffs last year. We get to play Chicago, Calgary and Columbus this month too. Zero reason we can't come out of this month with at least a 7-3-1 record. If we some how go on a like 2-9-1 start again, then I don't even know.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Dig the f*** in starting NOW!

Love it.

We should aim to have home town advantage in true playoffs this year. Cup or bust still on the line. This will be our last year of Cheap Draisaitl. Gotta get it done.

I should be more excited than I am.... Stanley cup game 7 hangover?
Off season sucked.

Is oilers+ worth subscribing to for 20 bucks for the year?
Is there a promo going around? I got it for cheap last year. I think it’s worth it.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Im nervous and excited for the start of the season.
There is zero chance we can start as bad as last year with the gift of a schedule we have gotten.
5/11 games this month are against teams who made the playoffs last year. We get to play Chicago, Calgary and Columbus this month too. Zero reason we can't come out of this month with at least a 7-3-1 record. If we some how go on a like 2-9-1 start again, then I don't even know.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see the team be like 5-5 to start. Hopefully we come out stronger than that.

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018
Your wright. I missed that day in English class.
That was also the day they discussed homonyms: pole vs. poll. :laugh:

I wouldn’t be surprised to see the team be like 5-5 to start. Hopefully we come out stronger than that.
That's what I'm anticipating as well. I think they'll have a bit of an adjustment curve to start the season.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Skinner will get the first goal. There will be a big scramble around the net, the goalie will get out of position, and Skinner will be the one who shoots into the wide open cage. This came to me in a dream several weeks ago.
Own net?

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
Few things to remember, this is a well coached team, that has depth and unrivalled top end talent. Also a veteran laden team that understands that in the midst of long cup run seasons you need to pace yourself.

I certainly won’t panic if they don’t come out blowing the doors off early season, this team is a wagon and they are going to pick up steam as the season goes on. It may take a bit for the pieces to fall into place and for the machine to get up to speed with some changed out parts but I think it’s fair to have faith in a coaching staff that showed last year they could get more out of individuals and more out of the team.

It’s going to be an exciting season and I look forward to seeing how the team evolves over the course of the season.

Reactions: TB12 and K1984

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad