GDT: DIG IN! RIGHT NOW! Mantra of the 24-25 Season starts today! Oilers v Jets, 8 PM

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Hopefully they're actually prepared to start. Connor Brown gets it, but it's not the 3rd line guys who have issues showing up. Looking for Emberson to be quietly solid stapled to Nurse. Poor Kulak will likely end up having to deal with a revolving door of partners.

Appreciate the words, Drivesaitl. Don't even bother with those types, complete waste of time.
I was going a little more for peace on HF Earth. No need for anybody to be tossing barbs and especially at start of new season.

Maybe this will cheer up all you guys and just feel the love. Tasty but I wouldn't eat the sandwich.

Now I want you two to shake hands. heh

JeffSkinner53

Jul 25, 2020
Vancouver
hfboards.mandatory.com
I disagree. Setting a standard of dominance in the regular season is what we need to be able to get out of our own way and take the next step.

I'm tired of the roller coaster nature of this team, and I think it ultimately costs them in the playoffs relying on the mantra of "whatever we always find a way in the end." We need to stop making it hard on ourselves, and having home ice through the first three rounds would be massive for us.
I was referring to the banner raising ceremony but I agree with your post.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
4227e519-6e7b-4a82-b2fa-3be32ce3eef8_text.gif

Let's start G1 of the season good with a W.
LET'S GO OILERS

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
Start practicing a more physical game from the start so other teams don't use it as a gameplan against us in the playoffs. Tired of weaker teams just injuring our guys every year.

Reactions: Oilhawks

CrazyJoeDavola

Jun 17, 2011
Vancouver
Start practicing a more physical game from the start so other teams don't use it as a gameplan against us in the playoffs. Tired of weaker teams just injuring our guys every year.
Agreed but, unfortunately, this isn't a mantra of Knobby. He came out during playoffs and said he'd rather have guys check with their legs and that hitting was a sign of not having the puck. This is the biggest thing we need to figure out, especially without hollywood and Kane. This roster is big, but slow and largely not physical at all. Hopefully the boys just say screw it and come out flying.

Reactions: T-Funk

mcdingdong

Mar 21, 2019
8:17pm puck drop :mad:
I was going to comment the same after reading all of the speculation re: the pregame ceremonies. This is easily searchable stuff for anyone with a minute of time on their hands. Not sure why there is always so much hand-wringing about it. Just tune in at the time indicated as puck-drop (not game time) by the broadcaster (usually 7:07 or something similar for a 7pm game) because it is always accurate for broadcasting reasons.

94 Oil Drops

SKINNER(S!)
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
Well either the end of this season is going to one of the happiest times of my life or one of the most disappointing. Cheers to another year of hockey.
There’s nothing more this coaching staff hates more than Troy Stetcher lol
This coaching staff is racist against hobbits. Being 5'6 myself, this is an outrage. :sarcasm:

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018

There is no way around it, there is only 1 acceptable outcome for the Oilers this year. Floaters, shirkers, and half measures are not welcome. DIG IN, RIGHT NOW is the mantra for the season. (They need to make that a T Shirt)

A better start in October is needed over last years debacle in Vancouver and the resulting 4 week tailspin surely must be avoided in order to have more home ice advantage series which may be the difference between winning and losing the 32 lbs of silver in June.

A full season of KK and Coffey should make a huge difference, Henrique and a rejuvenated Brown as well. McDavid is McDavid. The 2nd line might need some gelling time as well as the 4th line. Special teams should be another strong point this season. And a lot is riding on Daddy Skinner.

Time to see what the group can do. Jets, get out the way!

Thread goes live @ 7:00 PM!

—————/////————/////————-/////————-

:edmonton

RNH - McDavid - Hyman
Skinner - Draisaitl - Arvidsson
Janmark - Henrique - Brown
Podkolzin - Ryan - Perry

Ekholm - Bouchard
Nurse - Emberson
Kulak - Dermott

Skinner

:jets

Connor - Schieffele - Vilardi
Perfetti - Namestnikov - Ehlers
Neiderretter - Lowry - Appleton
Barron - Kupari - Iofallo

Morrissy - DeMelo
Samberg - Pionk
Fluery - Miller

Hellebuyck

GD Music

Right Now - Van Halen

Fearless Prediction

Oilers 4 Jets 3

—————/////————/////————-/////————-​

5, Congrats (and thanks) on the inaugural GDT for a soon to be historic year.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Here's hoping for 17 goals and a burned tape. Oilers won me a lot of money last year in the playoffs so now I like them cheers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad