GDT: DIG IN! RIGHT NOW! Mantra of the 24-25 Season starts today! Oilers v Jets, 8 PM

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
IMG_7157.jpeg

There is no way around it, there is only 1 acceptable outcome for the Oilers this year. Floaters, shirkers, and half measures are not welcome. DIG IN, RIGHT NOW is the mantra for the season. (They need to make that a T Shirt)

A better start in October is needed over last years debacle in Vancouver and the resulting 4 week tailspin surely must be avoided in order to have more home ice advantage series which may be the difference between winning and losing the 32 lbs of silver in June.

A full season of KK and Coffey should make a huge difference, Henrique and a rejuvenated Brown as well. McDavid is McDavid. The 2nd line might need some gelling time as well as the 4th line. Special teams should be another strong point this season. And a lot is riding on Daddy Skinner.

Time to see what the group can do. Jets, get out the way!

Thread goes live @ 7:00 PM!

—————/////————/////————-/////————-

:edmonton

RNH - McDavid - Hyman
Skinner - Draisaitl - Arvidsson
Janmark - Henrique - Brown
Podkolzin - Ryan - Perry

Ekholm - Bouchard
Nurse - Emberson
Kulak - Dermott

Skinner

:jets
Projected Lines

Connor - Schieffele - Vilardi
Perfetti - Namestnikov - Ehlers
Neiderretter - Lowry - Appleton
Barron - Kupari - Iofallo

Morrissy - DeMelo
Samberg - Pionk
Fluery - Miller

Hellebuyck

GD Music

Right Now - Van Halen

Fearless Prediction

Oilers 4 Jets 3

—————/////————/////————-/////————-​

Last edited:

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
DIG IN! LFG!

Why is the game still 7.5 agonizing hours away?

I'd like to see this team have more of a killer instinct this year as well. No more sitting back on leads. This is the year folks!!!!
I really don't know how that math works

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Skinner will get the first goal. There will be a big scramble around the net, the goalie will get out of position, and Skinner will be the one who shoots into the wide open cage. This came to me in a dream several weeks ago.
But which net will he shoot into?

Hopefully the ceremony isn't too long. Just go and beat the hell out of them please.
Im expecting an 8:45/9pm puck drop.

View attachment 913944

Had to buy the 5050. If I won the Taylor Swift tickets Mrs5 would forgive all of my past, present and future sins. Well at least 1 of them anyway.
Was the sin not getting her Taylor Swift tickets in the first place?

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I gots mine. My wife and daughter feel the same way.

They're starting the ceremonies at around 7:45, so I think it will be closer to 8:30 at the latest.
They are expecting to start at 7:45. But its the first game of the season for the crew too so probably closer to 7:50. Probably 30 minutes of talking and crying and banner raising or whatever and then anotehr 15-20 minutes announcing every player in the lineup one by one they do a lap etc. Easily an hour ceremony. Usually our home opener festivities last 30 minutes and thats without a deep cup run and banner raising.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
They are expecting to start at 7:45. But its the first game of the season for the crew too so probably closer to 7:50. Probably 30 minutes of talking and crying and banner raising or whatever and then anotehr 15-20 minutes announcing every player in the lineup one by one they do a lap etc. Easily an hour ceremony. Usually our home opener festivities last 30 minutes and thats without a deep cup run and banner raising.
Fair enough, I want to think they're aware of this, but it's the NHL, so who knows lol.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I don't either apparently! It will make more sense around 1:00pm.:nod:
I thought maybe you had a few hours of "special" time with a significant other and then the agonizing hours would begin:laugh:

Did anyone ever mention the drum guy passed away? Saw that the other day on the Instagram

Maybe they put a 5 gallon pail on the ice in memory of him

Reactions: Valhallis

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
If they won the Cup I could understand it being that long, but they didn't. Throw up the banner, maybe play a highlight video of the Cup run then drop the puck.
Every game to start the year takes forever, this one will just be that much longer with the banner going up and their highlight video.

Although it's funny the guys don't even want to talk about last year anymore, so why make them watch it lol.

If Knobs when asked about the prime series said his wife and daughter started and turned it off as it was too early for them to watch it. So I can imagine just how much the players and coaching staff want to see this shit

Reactions: Duder54

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad