Did Marchand get punched or wrecked clean? (MOD NOTICE post #175)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottyMascotty

Dec 24, 2017
St. Petersburg
The most toxic series the league has ever seen?

The Flyers won two cups in the 70s because they literally beat the shit out of the entire league.

Montreal once nearly burned itself to the ground because Maurice Richard got suspended.

A random ten minute segment of any playoff series from the 80s contains more suspendable conduct than a month of modern regular season NHL hockey.

Mark Messier tried to kill a Russian player with his elbow in the 1987 Canada Cup final and was IRATE to the point he nearly killed the official as well over the subsequent 2-minute minor.

Then there was that time in 1972 when Canada played the Soviets for the fate of the world.

Nobody reads history anymore, and when they do, they react to it like it’s the news.

As you were.
*the most toxic series in salary cap era

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Yea that's what you want to see, but in reality his arm is extending while there is space between them and it's clearly visible in that gif. Willful ignorance I guess. Enjoy the bliss.
Now who's seeing what they want thinking there was space between them.

:laugh:

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Now who's seeing what they want thinking there was space between them.

:laugh:
I'm watching the gif his arm comes forward
just before Marchand makes contact with his left arm.

8pr54v.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Mase

Cousins.....kind of a c**t
Aug 6, 2010
Holding the blue
Genuinely, what Marchand thinks of the hit... doesn't matter that much.

He's a chippy player who plays on the edge, puts other players into vulnerable positions and has been on the "oopsie daisies" side of the equation enough times. A guy like Marchand would have probably done the same thing to Bennett if he could. It's playoffs, it's attrition hockey.

At the end of the day, there's no real need for Florida fans to plead innocence in this snide way, appeal to the authority of the league and whatever. It's a live by the sword, die by the sword kind of play and everyone knows what it is.
Couldn't agree more.

HarrySPlinkett

Not a film critic
Feb 4, 2010
Calgary
Concussions. But thanks for playing. To be fair the bruins have had a number of bad head hits. The problem is when the fans pretend the bruins did nothing when they injure another player. You might not realize it but your brain does.

I have long argued about ANY hit to the head should be a penalty. Control your stick and elbows. And the league and PA do SFA about it when they ignore this stuff all the time for a number of reasons. See Down Goes Brown flow chart from over a decade ago, or "game management".

We see light hooks and slashes get penalties, but blatant stuff like slew legs, elbows or a submarine is "protecting himself". So you have to decide if you believe this bush league is anything but a clown show when they themselves have shown to not care about injuries depending on who you are . Fox had a two handed head high swing the other night, missed the guy-zero penalty. If he had connected it would have made McSorly look like an angel.

This league is a bush league clown show - it always has been. It was worse before Gary got there.

It now makes far too much money to ever fundamentally change.

They don’t care about injuries.

Neither does the PA, but at least they’re not robbing the membership blind anymore.

Btw “you might not notice but your brain did” - I see what you did there. A+.

• Love
Reactions: Doc McKenna

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
This league is a bush league clown show - it always has been. It was worse before Gary got there.

It now makes far too much money to ever fundamentally change.

They don’t care about injuries.

Neither does the PA, but at least they’re not robbing the membership blind anymore.

Btw “you might not notice but your brain did” - I see what you did there. A+.
I know this is slightly off topic, but its like the new womans league. How can I take it seriously when there is a single owner (who names the championship after his billionaire family, deserved or not for funding the league). It was bad enough on the NHL when you have 30 odd billionaires or conglomerates that were looking after the NHL Inc vs NBA inc vs MLB inc.

They are not competing against each other but with each other. "For the good of the league" and whatever payout the guys who got in first get paid out whenever someone new enters the pyramid scheme.

Yet a single owner is fine???LMAO sorry no. That does not work.

I knew you would get the ref if you have that name and avatar. But thanks for not having me spoil the inside joke by explaining it. ;)

Reactions: HarrySPlinkett

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
So if Tkachuk gets popped next game, we don’t really care what Florida fans have to say on the matter. Do I have that right?
Depends on the context, say he runs swayman and gets the butt end of the goalie stick in the neck-NOPE no issue. But say he is on the ice and Maroon comes from behind and cold cocks him, doesn't work for me.

Look at the context. If dirty rat marchand, much as we hate him, hadn't been trying to stir the shit and initiated the contact after the puck was gone, yeah you would see people with a lot more sympathy towards him. He was doing his typical rat cheap shot and got some Karma. Plus we know and have histroy of his faking everything under the sun

If that is Bergeron, people would say "yeah that might have been a cheap shot from Bennett, can we get a few more angles to see if he did that" Not simply because its Bergeron, but because Bergeron likely isn't going for the late cheap shot like McRatty was and it would be more obvious.

Marchand shoulder connects with Bennett like was intended(from the looks of things) from the angle of the hit....We are talking about a cheap shot that injures a different rat coming back from injury.
This is why he gets no sympathy

Last edited:
Reactions: Dr Quincy

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
If you look at Marchands history, he’s one of the most durable players in the league. He rarely misses time, especially the payoffs. I don’t think he’s ever gotten a concussion to my knowledge either.

Which leads me to ask, has there ever been a player without head-injury history initiate body contact and get a concussion? When you take both of these into account, it sure seems like Bennet, whether intentional or not, made contact to Marchands head with his right fist.

Reactions: swiftwin

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
If you look at Marchands history, he’s one of the most durable players in the league. He rarely misses time, especially the payoffs. I don’t think he’s ever gotten a concussion to my knowledge either.

Which leads me to ask, has there ever been a player without head-injury history initiate body contact and get a concussion? When you take both of these into account, it sure seems like Bennet, whether intentional or not, made contact to Marchands head with his right fist.

Speaking of Marchand's history. Douchebag. Karma.

Reactions: Jeune Poulet

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
how can you be the dirtiest cheap-shot artist in the league and expect to not get a concussion or 2 along the way?

If you jaywalk back and forth across a major interstate, maybe expect to get hit by a car or two...?

this is the way the dude plays. concussions are going to be a part of that playing style, no?

I don't know what he's like but I doubt he even complains about it. He knows the way he plays so how do you call someone else out when they play the same way lol

Reactions: Drugs Delaney

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
how can you be the dirtiest cheap-shot artist in the league and expect to not get a concussion or 2 along the way?

If you jaywalk back and forth across a major interstate, maybe expect to get hit by a car or two...?

this is the way the dude plays. concussions are going to be a part of that playing style, no?

I don't know what he's like but I doubt he even complains about it. He knows the way he plays so how do you call someone else out when they play the same way lol
Agreed. If you play a gritty game you have to expect shit might happen.

SharksCyclops

May 4, 2010
Bay Area
I guess Sam Bennett has the strongest reactionary sneaky jab in the world. Bertuzzi doesn't even compare to the dirtiness that is slightly suggested when slowed down to Bennett in that clip of him getting hit late by Marchand.

Might be the most sickening play I have ever seen, when slowed down and paused at a very specific moment from an angle that is hard to distinguish with no camera actually pointed at the contact during a late hit initiated by the victim. I'm truly disgusted to know that kids are watching.

• Haha
Reactions: joestevens29

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
I guess Sam Bennett has the strongest reactionary sneaky jab in the world. Bertuzzi doesn't even compare to the dirtiness that is slightly suggested when slowed down to Bennett in that clip of him getting hit late by Marchand.

Might be the most sickening play I have ever seen, when slowed down and paused at a very specific moment from an angle that is hard to distinguish with no camera actually pointed at the contact during a late hit initiated by the victim. I'm truly disgusted to know that kids are watching.
Mike Tyson is calling to ask Bennett for tips on how to fire off a jab like that.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
He punched him with the hand that had the stick.

8pr54v.gif
It hit his helmet because its why his visor moved the way it did. Again, if ratty doesn't go for the cheap shot, he doesn't eat a fist while bennett is defending himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad