Did Gaborik have HOF talent?

Toby91ca

Oct 17, 2022
It's really hard to answer a question like this because making the HHOF is necessarily about talent. Of course you need talent to get there, but it's about what you accomplished. I know of plenty of guys that have uber amounts of talent that don't ever make the NHL, or make it, but don't have a fulfilling career.

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
Even when healthy the highest he ever finished in goals was 3rd and points 10th.

Of course the hockey hall is a joke with who they let in so sure.

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site
no.

Here is some of my criteria

1) 50 goal seasons? No
2) 100 pts seasons? Non
3) 500 goals/1000pts? No
4) Any hardware? No

While he won the cup with LA--he was brought in at the 11th hour to join the team.

For me he is the hall of very good.
Just in general - trying to apply the same "bright lines" like you have with no regard for things like era, team, and health is going into the situation with blinders. Because per your guidelines, you would say that Bernie Nichols is more qualified for the HOF'er than a guy like Marian Gaborik.

Neil Patrick Harris

Now sponsored by Zoom™
Aug 23, 2008
Ottawa
Dude had 42 goals and 83 points on a Jacques Lemaire-coached Wild team - one of only two players to eclipse *twenty* goals on the Wild that year.

The talent was absolutely there. You can see a pretty definitive spike in his offensive numbers in the immediate post-lockout years. Dude just had the misfortune of starting his career in the dead puck era, and encountering injury trouble not long after it ended.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad