Speculation: Dhaliwal: Canucks looking for veteran goalie as Demko remains injured.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
Gee. That's so appealing. What team could resist?

Too early to say, but this seems to be an ongoing thing that continues to be an issue. Every time hecteinjures himself he's out for a longer and longer time. Could be a Carey Price situation, who knows at this point?
I look at price and bishop, once the injury train started, it was game over.

Reactions: Beukeboom Fan

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
Yup. And that trains been running down the tracks for a few years now
Unless someone can think of an example, typically star netminders who become injury prone, well they are done. I can’t recall a star netminder having injury issues then all of a sudden they go on to have a successful relatively injury free career. Matt Murray is another one

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
Unless someone can think of an example, typically star netminders who become injury prone, well they are done. I can’t recall a star netminder having injury issues then all of a sudden they go on to have a successful relatively injury free career. Matt Murray is another one
Don't forget Cory Schneider

Reactions: centipede2233

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
Hip surgery in 2015, concussion in 2019, knee injury in 2019, minor knee surgery in 2022 +, groin injury 2023, knee injury in March and then again April 2024. A lot more minor ones. Just tough luck.
Piling up and taking longer and longer to recover from with shorter and shorter stretches of healthy games in between

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
Perhaps it's not something that can be solved by surgery.
Seems like he's had a lot of surgeries to fix other issues so I wonder how much longer he has before these become more of an issue. I think he's had a few hip surgeries and knee surgeries already right? For a big goalie, those are some tough injuries to keep having for mobility.

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
Seems like he's had a lot of surgeries to fix other issues so I wonder how much longer he has before these become more of an issue. I think he's had a few hip surgeries and knee surgeries already right? For a big goalie, those are some tough injuries to keep having for mobility.
It's definitely concerning. And the time frame for recovery always seems to be unknown. It's certainly reminiscent of Price's attempts to keep his career going despite the fact that he had zero cartilage left in his knees

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Anyone else wonder if the "new school" goalie style is so demanding physically that goalies are getting hurt more often and more seriously?

It's something that has gone through my head before. You look at the 2005 class of goalies for example, price, rask and bishop kinda ended their careers prematurely. Quick is still going, and while not the same, he might be considered an exception.

Maybe it's a coincidence but I've thought about this before and haven't really dug very deep into it.

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
It's definitely concerning. And the time frame for recovery always seems to be unknown. It's certainly reminiscent of Price's attempts to keep his career going despite the fact that he had zero cartilage left in his knees
Yeah for a goalie with as many procedures as he's had, he kind of reminds me of another Canucks goalie, I think 6yrs or ago or maybe around that time, I remember Cory Schneider having hip surgery and he was never quite the same ever again. Demko has had better luck with procedures getting better, like P.Kane and Puljujarvi having their hip surgeries and coming back fine while others (Backstrom, Jovo) etc weren't able to.

For Demko I read that he had surgery on both hips back in 2015, an issue he had for about 4yrs with a lot of pain, now recently he has had knee injuries.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad