Speculation: Dhaliwal: Canucks looking for veteran goalie as Demko remains injured.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Absolutely... 1 more season of bus rides in the AHL and he'll ask the same as Askarov tne next.

How are those two situations even remotely similar apart from the fact they are both goalies?

Dobes doesn't have the pedigree or track record to make demands like these. He'll fight for a spot next year.

All that for the 5th round pick you'd get for Primeau.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
How are those two situations even remotely similar apart from the fact they are both goalies?

Dobes doesn't have the pedigree or track record to make demands like these. He'll fight for a spot next year.

All that for the 5th round pick you'd get for Primeau.
Similar amount of games played in the AHL after next season. If Dobes performs as well as last one, I don't see why he wouldn't be able to claim the backup position in the NHL. I don't even see why he shouldn't be able to do so now, and we can waive Primeau or as I thought just trade him.

Yeah we wouldn't get much for Primeau, maybe we can turn that 5th into a 4th, but there I think he should definitely be marked as 'available'.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Similar amount of games played in the AHL after next season. If Dobes performs as well as last one, I don't see why he wouldn't be able to claim the backup position in the NHL. I don't even see why he shouldn't be able to do so now, and we can waive Primeau or as I thought just trade him.

Yeah we wouldn't get much for Primeau, maybe we can turn that 5th into a 4th, but there I think he should definitely be marked as 'available'.

But as you just said it, that's after this season, not right now. You're taking unnecessary risk by trading Primeau now.

Risks that could disappear as early as December as we see what Dobes and Hughes can do under Vincent.

Hell, I'd even be down to start shopping Primeau during camp if Dobes outplays him badly. It's just needlessly reckless to trade him now for an insignificant return and too many unknowns.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
But as you just said it, that's after this season, not right now. You're taking unnecessary risk by trading Primeau now.

Risks that could disappear as early as December as we see what Dobes and Hughes can do under Vincent.

Hell, I'd even be down to start shopping Primeau during camp if Dobes outplays him badly. It's just needlessly reckless to trade him now for an insignificant return and too many unknowns.
Since we didn't win the Askarov trade, I agree.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
The amount of injuries are piling up to the point where you wonder how durable he can be.

Hopefully he can avoid the Carey Price trajectory.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
He's STILL injured? So those rumors about Demko possible being ready in the Edmonton series were just more ineffective waste of time mind games by Tocchet.
Worse than all the drama around tanev. We knew tanev was playing even if was he hobbled and not helping his team and was a giant liability on the ice.

Silovs didn’t well for them. I have no doubt he can step up for the start of the season as well

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
May Detroit interest you in a slightly used Husso?

Fellas…?

giphy.gif

BWJM

Sponsor
Mar 16, 2011
This sucks. Another full year of “We played our fifth string goalie or we would have won the cup.”

I mean that's an actual excuse. What might the Oilers say?

"McDavid or Draisaitl were hurt and the whole rest of our team couldn't make up for it"

• Haha
Reactions: PuckG

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Money

He got a 3x3M deal with Dallas. We simply couldn't afford that for our backup goalie
The nuclear option here, where everybody gambles big....

Presuming a story at Yardbarker from this am which said they are not sure when/how long into the season it will be before Demko returns, in theory:

Rs wanna avoid possible 12m cap hit on Shesty [guessing it will be around 10.25 x 6-8 if he has similar yr again this season].
Rs can gamble on Quick while Garand development is accelerated, w/Domingue also stop gap.
At some pt Quick retires and it's Demko/Garand short term, hopefully Garand emerges NY can then sell high on him as well.

Shesty is a steal at like 5.6-ish on his current, expiring deal.

So VAN would have to bid over likes of TOR + prob others

Shesty + __________________
for
Demko ++ __________________

The ? is, do 'nucks wanna gamble on extending, and if yes, what significant add would VAN offer?

If offers not high enuf, we can juggle, not extend Panarin, and go Shesty-Garand as a fallback.

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012

"McDavid or Draisaitl were hurt and the whole rest of our team couldn't make up for it"
Is that narrative really any worse than “but we lost to the eventual cup champions for the 4th year in a row?!?!?”

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015

No, the Oilers won the series.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad