Prospect Info: Devon Levi, G, Northeastern University (obtained in Reinhart deal) - Signed 3/17/23, Assigned 4/3/24

jd1970

Feb 23, 2007
Downtown Buffalo
So many times, the answer to why a player is assigned to the minors is “because he can be”. We have three NHL goalies and only two realistic spots to start the season, it’s better for the team and the player to see him getting as many starts as possible right out of the gate.
Ruff stated he's not playing just one goalie. I doubt the washed up old guy is one of them though.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Ruff stated he's not playing just one goalie. I doubt the washed up old guy is one of them though.

Optimus Reim will be the Sabres backup this year, aside from “close to Rochester’s games” B2B and west coast trips. And obviously injuries. The Sabres didn’t sign him to lose him on waivers.

Just because posters here wouldn’t have signed him and would roll with 6K and Levi as goalies doesn’t mean anything. You need that veteran presence now to bounce ideas off of. The Sabres aren’t gonna risk having a goalie with a low and slow glove hand be the third person on their depth chart.

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
Optimus Reim will be the Sabres backup this year, aside from “close to Rochester’s games” B2B and west coast trips. And obviously injuries. The Sabres didn’t sign him to lose him on waivers.

Just because posters here wouldn’t have signed him and would roll with 6K and Levi as goalies doesn’t mean anything. You need that veteran presence now to bounce ideas off of. The Sabres aren’t gonna risk having a goalie with a low and slow glove hand be the third person on their depth chart.

Nailed it and I hope the organization agrees. I really hope they agree.

jd1970

Feb 23, 2007
Downtown Buffalo

I don't see him out there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad