Devin Setoguchi Deserves a Second Chance

Hobby Bull

amazon sucks
May 21, 2013
Olli Jokinen had a bad year last year, pretty much would have been on pace for Setoguchi's numbers this year, and then he turned it around with 42 points so far this year.

So the Jets should resign him. Bet he scores at least 25 next year.

You're exactly right. Setoguchi should resign. It would be insane, however, for the Jets to re-sign him.

roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia
I liked the move we made to get him at the time. Seemed like a good thing, it seemed like exactly what we needed to get to a more competitive level.

But in hindsight it was one of the worst moves we made.

We gave up a second round pick for a guy who didn't look like he wanted to really give a full effort, didn't end up living up to the promise, didn't score enough of the goals, didn't hustle, didn't really do much except give many Jets fans nightmares about the number 40.

We saw much more promising play from some of the Ice Caps callups just now vs the Bruins

JC Numminen

#goldrush
Feb 13, 2013
Westman
The only way I take him back is at 4th line money. And I imagine some other team will offer him more than that.

So bye Seto.

fmrdh

Mar 5, 2013
IMO he sucks.

I wouldn't be surprised if he isn't in the NHL next season.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
IMO he sucks.

I wouldn't be surprised if he isn't in the NHL next season.

Totally agree, Seto just finished playing himself out of the NHL for good this season, Seto can join his buddy Cheechoo in the KHL.

Bristo

The Oracle
Mar 24, 2013
I don't think I would let him get away without at least throwing an offer to him for 4th line money. But nothing more, and he would need to commit to some better fitness.

fmrdh

Mar 5, 2013
The thing that really bugged me about him was that many times I said to myself during a game, where the hell has Gooch been tonight? Only for him to then score a goal on a rebound or a nice feed from someone else.

At least Kane who has had some goal scoring slumps still generates chances nightly, Gooch was invisible even in games where he had goals.

I think his stats are actually better than he has played.

koth

Feb 5, 2013
Winnipeg
Olli Jokinen had a bad year last year, pretty much would have been on pace for Setoguchi's numbers this year, and then he turned it around with 42 points so far this year.

So the Jets should resign him. Bet he scores at least 25 next year.

Your reasoning behind bringing Setoguchi back is because of Jokinen? I shouldn't have to tell you how flawed that is.

Hobby Bull

amazon sucks
May 21, 2013
Re-sign is basically the opposite of resign. Please, don't drive the grammar Natzi crazy.

Duir

I am believer in second chances so I voted that he deserves one. And I am not even a fan of his. He is a proven goal scorer that had a terrible year. Would be interested to see what he can do with the confidence back.

Rook37

Feb 22, 2013
Winnipeg

We gave up a second round pick for a guy who didn't look like he wanted to really give a full effort, didn't end up living up to the promise, didn't score enough of the goals, didn't hustle, didn't really do much except give many Jets fans nightmares about the number 40.

Honestly, he lived up exactly to the promises made by the fans of other teams the day we got him. I'm just kinda disappointed they were right :p:

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
I voted yes by accident :facepalm:

He's been completely useless this year. There's a reason why people that ordered the cookbook didn't want his signature.

Hey Seto, don't let your fat ass hit the door on your way out.

trebendan

Aug 13, 2010
I liked the move we made to get him at the time. Seemed like a good thing, it seemed like exactly what we needed to get to a more competitive level.

We saw much more promising play from some of the Ice Caps callups just now vs the Bruins

I liked the move at the time, too. I think a lot of us did. I do remember, though, that Holden was quite skeptical. Holden - is there anyone else the Jets might be interested in acquiring but should not? Possible examples: Kulemin, Winnik, Pouliot

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
Setoguchi doesn't deserve anything because Setoguchi hasn't earned anything. Truthfully, I think Setoguchi wanted to be traded to SJ at the deadline, that didn't happen and he packed it in.

I do not want players of Setoguchi's ilk on the team, not even on a league minimum contract on the fourth line. This team doesn't need players like that as we try and move on and become a playoff team with the culture, dedication and hard work to go with it.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Does anyone really think that Seto is going to want to play through a "man's training camp"? I think Seto will find a place somewhere in the NHL, but I don't think it will be with the Jets. He was a bad investment, and everyone knows that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad