Devils will win the President's Trophy

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
New Jersey will be a a top three team team when Jeremy Colliton is gone.

I think New Jersey has one of the best rosters on paper, but the big issue is Jeremy Colliton. Keefe is an unreal coach as I believe he's going to have excellent chemistry with Jack Hughes, but what I've learned about Jeremy Colliton is he's extremely hard to get along with and is pretty much Babcock 2.0.

Colliton is actually a very good coach as a leader, he's just extremely stubborn and sees all his players as just another person. Not much of a people person, has his mind solely focused on winning.
I’m not saying you are wrong but Colliton is one of five assistants. How match influence is he going to have over the individual players? Who is he going to crap on? Nobody named Hughes Hischier Bratt or Meier for starters. Maybe he can torment Nemec or Mercer for a bit but what veteran is afraid of an assistant even if he’s a jerk?

LiseL

Sep 25, 2023

LiseL

Sep 25, 2023
It's Latin dear friends.

What for? Our rebuild's humming along amigo. We're(many of us) just perplexed on why you guys are so chipper. You would think your last season would've tempered your expectations.

Are you going to stand here and tell me that NJD fans haven't been spouting off in multiple threads just how kick-ass you guys are? I'm just trying to keep you guys level-headed and humble. I mean what happens if you guys get another couple of other major injuries? Are ya gonna "coulda, woulda, shoulda" this? Are ya just gonna go "just watch us next year!" Look guys I love Kirby Dach but if he gets another major injury this season most Habs fans WILL give up on him. You guys have to realize some guys are just injury-prone and don't have NHL toughness in 'em.

I think you do. I just think you're some youngblood who wasn't around to see Brodeur's Devils win those Cups and is peeved at your relative low-standing in the modern NHL. Just wondering, would you guys trade Jack Hughes for prime Marty Brodeur? I would. I saw Brodeur play, he took an average team with heart all the way.

Wow. I didn't know the Sens had enough prospects to field a team. OTT has some great young guys but the prospect pool is thin. Real thin.
Funny you should mention Ottawa's prospect pool. They had to invite a lot of amateur tryouts to fill in the roster. As a Sens fan, it's been painful to watch the rookie tournament games. That's what you get with 10+ years of terrible ownership/GM, luckily the Melnyk/Dorion era is over but it will take a few years for the new ownership/manangement team to right the ship.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Good Good, Now we need an emissary from the Land they call "Buffalo" to offer excuses for their loss to the Godly Devils.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I’m not saying you are wrong but Colliton is one of five assistants. How match influence is he going to have over the individual players? Who is he going to crap on? Nobody named Hughes Hischier Bratt or Meier for starters. Maybe he can torment Nemec or Mercer for a bit but what veteran is afraid of an assistant even if he’s a jerk?
Associate, which is behind the head coach and above the assistant coaches.

EDIT: you're right, assistant coach. I read in an article associate.

Last edited:
Reactions: My3Sons

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
We will see. What’s your knowledge of his overly tough attitude? NJ has some sacred cows so this could be bad for Colliton if he’s determined to have his way or the highway.
Long story short my friend played for him and mentioned how he's difficult. Like if you don't have chemistry with a player and it's based on skill-set, an example being a guy like Kessel couldn't play with Crosby or Malkin, but played better with Bonino and Hagelin. If a guy like Kessel/Crosby/Malkin said that he'll basically ignore you or act like he's above you and says how it's his team because he's a head coach as it's a workplace not a place for friends or drama. When in reality that's what it usually is, sure as a manager myself it's a place to work but you don't want as little tension as possible. Once in a while he threatens to try and have you traded or sent to the minors if you don't co-operate.

My prediction with Keefe is he's not going to see eye to eye with how players are rolled out, line-ups, starting goaltenders or certain gameplans.

Honestly, the guy has a good coaching mindset, like I said extremely smart but super stubborn and acts like he's in full control while also expecting people to brown-nose him.

Reactions: My3Sons

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Long story short my friend played for him and mentioned how he's difficult. Like if you don't have chemistry with a player and it's based on skill-set, an example being a guy like Kessel couldn't play with Crosby or Malkin, but played better with Bonino and Hagelin. If a guy like Kessel/Crosby/Malkin said that he'll basically ignore you or act like he's above you and says how it's his team because he's a head coach as it's a workplace not a place for friends or drama. When in reality that's what it usually is, sure as a manager myself it's a place to work but you don't want as little tension as possible. Once in a while he threatens to try and have you traded or sent to the minors if you don't co-operate.

My prediction with Keefe is he's not going to see eye to eye with how players are rolled out, line-ups, starting goaltenders or certain gameplans.

Honestly, the guy has a good coaching mindset, like I said extremely smart but super stubborn and acts like he's in full control while also expecting people to brown-nose him.
Something tells me that was how most old school coaches operate minus the stubborn part. Thanks for sharing that.

NVious

Dec 20, 2022
As a Sens fan I can tell you that we have one of the worse prospects pool in the league thanks to our previous owner/GM so beating that squad 9-1 doesn't mean squat.
It's not so much about the Sens as it is about the winning culture being a Devil creates, when you put on that jersey, you just KNOW you are the shit, you know you're a winner and you know that beating the Sens 9-1 is what you gotta do.

Moist ReadOnly

Jun 7, 2024
Nope. Probably Florida.
Them or Dallas seem like the best odds outside New Jersey

That's the thing. I think they have great players but a great team? I think a great team even with a depleted roster could've made a run at the playoffs last season.

Happy to hear that. Just reading the Main Boards would make an outsider think that your fandom would be just chockfull of delusional yahoos. Good to hear that common sense prevails on the Devils' boards.

Nice ad hominem attack there hermano. It's sad to think that some just show up to slag the Habs and if they get just a bit of push back they try to gaslight you.
The Devils injured roster last season would have beat the non-injured team in a seven game series

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
Nope. Probably Florida.

Florida is coming of two straight runs to the Cups finals and a summer of celebrating. They probably come out of the gate a bit slow this season. I'd also assume they want to start to ease Bobrovsky's regular season workload and I'm not sure what to expect from Knight, so I'd be surprised if they were President's trophy favorites even if they are Cup favorites.

My guess is probably a team out West like the Stars.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
That's the thing. I think they have great players but a great team? I think a great team even with a depleted roster could've made a run at the playoffs last season.

Happy to hear that. Just reading the Main Boards would make an outsider think that your fandom would be just chockfull of delusional yahoos. Good to hear that common sense prevails on the Devils' boards.

Nice ad hominem attack there hermano. It's sad to think that some just show up to slag the Habs and if they get just a bit of push back they try to gaslight you.
haven't really followed this thread too much, but..."capisce"? "amigo"? "hermano"? it's a little confusing, can you please try to be ignorant in 1 language at a time?

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
meh, NJ will take a step forward this year for sure, IMO it wont be that big of a step...they are also not built for the playoffs...Markstrom would not have been the target for me if I was a NJ GM...

scoopscj

Feb 13, 2009
Central Joy-See
As a Devil's fan I hate threads like this. I expect them to make the playoffs if they can maintain any semblance of a healthy team. To point to left field and Babe Ruth the President's trophy prediction, is just too much .

In addition, that's a healthy disrespect for the Rangers team (which I hate mind you) who won it last year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad