GDT: Devils vs. Blue Jackets - 5:00 PM MSG

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
This team sucks when we're healthy, so can't say I'm surprised we're going to get rolled by Columbus tonight...

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Stollery looks awful tonight and Zacha looks really poor in the defensive zone tonight, too much standing around for him.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Bjorkstrand is the type of rookie we need. Not the Coleman's, Lappins, Pietalas, Rooneys.

We need players coming through the system that have higher end talent, goals.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Okay

I thought he could have had that one

Not terrible, but borderline stoppable.

Either way, playing him today was an absolutely useless decision, no matter what happens.

He plays well and we get shutout or only score one goal and he gives up 2, he gets tagged with a loss when he shouldn't have even been playing.

He plays poorly, that's almost to be expected with the 40 shot extravaganza from last night.

Even if he got a shutout, there's no reason to play him. The frickin Canucks might be closer to a playoff spot than we are, yet they're playing their 3rd string goalie tonight against Anaheim, since Markstrom is injured and Miller played last night in LA.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Team can't win a board battle anywhere on the ice.

Means no cycle in the offensive zone and no easy out in the defensive zone.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Hynes has been making questionable lineup decisions that are not indicative to winning since December. Like scratching PAP and Bennett in that game against Ottawa. And that was in December.

So why does he feel the need to play Cory in both sets of the back to back on March 5th, when we're icing half an AHL team? What sense does that make?

And ''Because we're icing half an AHL team'' is not a good enough reason or justification for this one. If we were still realistically in the race and had to ice an AHL lineup today, that's one thing.

RNCDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 21, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
This team takes its queues from Zantac. They love passing. If 8 passes equaled a goal, this would be an elite team.

Btw, I like Zajac, especially this year.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Stollery has been a burning pile of dog **** today, I didn't think he was that bad his last call up and set of games.

Did he have to sit in all kinds of traffic coming down from Albany today? Didn't get his pregame nap?

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
They aren't trying this period. Counting too many guys simply puck watching.

That problem seems to be mainly with the AHL players (aside from Coleman's line) and guys like Noesen/Lappin. They're just a step behind the play the entire game.

The puck battling is just horrendous to watch. I miss guys like Ponikarovsky, Zubrus, and Bernier. We don't have the speed/skill to play a fast tempo game, we're forced to the outside/boards by other teams, and just outworked and out battled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad