Devils twitter account chirps Sabres for starting season 0-2

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
Clever, yet classless.

But funny, but potentially a major jinx.

I don't care about either team, but now I hope the Devils bottom out, the Sabres come in 8th last and win the draft lottery.

NJD social media has been doing posts like these after every win for a while now. Not newsworthy
This is probably true. You say they've been doing this for a while and nobody noticed.

So the Devils aren't newsworthy basically.

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
Team predicted by every pundit and the Sabres' board on here to miss the playoffs, after already missing for the last 13 years, loses to a divisional favourite. Definitely worthy of a victory lap and even more, a main boards thread celebrating said victory lap.

This probably could have been posted in one of the four NJD threads currently on the front page.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
More than deserved. I hope the entire league does it to them all season. It's no longer merely ridiculous the obscene lack of hustle, compete and interest by nearly the entire roster, who have shown they can play when they decide to, but it's a slap in the face not only to Sabres fans who have suffered far beyond what they deserve, but to hockey fans in general.

If you can't show up to play the game, run scared from opponents and let them abuse you like a red headed step child, then give your paychecks to charity and go sit down in the AHL. My Sabres are a disgrace to the league, it's pathetic, that's what is, disgustingly pathetic.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018

Funny, but not as good of a joke as giving us Ruff as coach. Holy f***, you had all off-season, and that’s what they look like? That’s the power play?

My expectations were low, and yet still too high. Seriously, beating the pants off the guy you just canned for being ineffective, proving him ineffective once again- it’s funny.

Reactions: Hisch13r

Jerzey Devil

Jerzey-Duz-It
Jun 11, 2010
St. Augustine, FL
Clever, yet classless.

I don't care about either team, but now I hope the Devils bottom out, the Sabres come in 8th last and win the draft lottery.

This is probably true. You say they've been doing this for a while and nobody noticed.

Jack and Luke already spit at the idea of a jinx by doing the NHL 25 cover. Devils fans have been released of all superstitions this season because the Hughes brothers did the cover.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Clever, yet classless.

It's not particularly my style to to rub it in, but if someone does rub it in, you should expect it back when things inevitably don't go your way.

Personally, I'd just use the team social media accounts to report all things related to the team, and not go beyond that scope.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Some people acting like Devils' players made this tweet themselves, who cares lol.

This stuff happens all the time, only difference is this one was good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad