Devils to Partner with Party Poker

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
The press conference is tomorrow so there is not a lot of details our there right now... but it's a good sponsorship deal.

http://www.nj.com/sixers/index.ssf/2014/01/sixers_devils_to_enter_partner.html#incart_river_default

The major announcement that has Sixers and Devils fans worried isn't what everyone thought it was -- nobody is relocating either of the franchises.

Instead, the Sixers and Devils will announce a partnership with partypoker.com, two sources with knowledge of the situation have confirmed to NJ.com.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
Apparently they are making a really big deal about this and bringing in Devils/76ers alumni to be a part of the event. Good to see the Devils finally with headlines about making more money haha

And FWIW, the Devils also recently announced that ownership is investing in the team/arena by bringing in some really talented staff to improve operations. Again, nice to see the new ownership aggressively looking to improve the franchise:

O’Neil continues to bolster the senior executive staff for the Sixers, Devils and Prudential Center during a time of continued growth on the business side. Andy Goldstein (Chief Financial Officer and Executive Vice President), Brad Shron (Executive Vice President and General Counsel) and Jim Leonard (Senior Vice President of Community Investment) have been added to the staff and will be based in Newark, assuming duties primarily for the Devils and Prudential Center

http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2014/01/devils_ceo_scott_oneil_announces_new_appointments_to_executive_team.html

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Seems odd to be making such a huge deal out of a partnership deal... I'll wait until particulars are released, but if this is just like any other run of the mill sponsorship, discussion for it can probably just be left for the Devils board.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
Seems odd to be making such a huge deal out of a partnership deal... I'll wait until particulars are released, but if this is just like any other run of the mill sponsorship, discussion for it can probably just be left for the Devils board.

They seem to be hyping it so much that I'm almost curious if it will be one of those "New Jersey Devils presented by PartyPoker" kind of massive sponsorships we've seen with the Rangers and Red Wings. And those tend to be very lucrative sponsorships so let's see, but if true, it's fantastic for the Devils and Prudential Center. You figure the PruCenter is consistently top 5 busiest in the USA and I believe reached top 10 in the world this past year, so it definitely is an enticing brand to partner with. Being that the Devils are tied to the arena as one entity, it would be a huge deal for the franchise.

Edit: I just realized to that Scott O'Neil, CEO of the Devils/PruCenter and 76ers, was the guy who did the massive "presented by" deal between MSG/Rangers/Knicks and Chase, so that leads me to believe even more that this is what we're about to see with the Devils

Last edited:

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
New Jersey recently legalized online poker. Partypoker is the largest publicly traded online gambling company in the world. They're also partnered with MGM Resorts International, who co-owns the Borgata in Atlantic City.

Will be interesting to see how big of a deal this turns out to be.

CarpeNoctem

Chilling w The Chief
Oct 29, 2013
In The Night
New Jersey recently legalized online poker. Partypoker is the largest publicly traded online gambling company in the world. They're also partnered with MGM Resorts International, who co-owns the Borgata in Atlantic City.

Will be interesting to see how big of a deal this turns out to be.

Maybe they'll have the ace of spades on their jerseys:laugh:

syc

Aug 25, 2003
Not Europe
Visit site
This league uses gambling to subsidize franchises but then turns around and tells our governments that sports betting is bad.

Hippocrates.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
http://www.onlinepokerreport.com/10...-deal-with-philadelphia-sixers-and-nj-devils/

Interesting tidbit here about this being the first partnership of its kind in US sports, which does make this significant business news as I'm sure we'll see more in the future when other states legalize online gambling:

The arrangement between Party and the Sixers / Devils is unprecedented in the US online gambling market. To the best of my knowledge, there’s never been a formal partnership between an online gambling site and a top-tier American professional sports team.

And they go on to talk specifically about what it means for the Devils/76ers:

Details are still emerging, but the deal will see Party promoted on signage at home games and through select broadcast partners of the Devils and Sixers.

Total home game attendance for the two teams exceeded one million in the last full season. Millions more took in games via television and radio.

Party will also be able to run promotions with Sixers and Devils tie-ins: courtside seats, luxury box giveaways and other game-related packages are a few of the obvious examples.

In addition to the marketing agreements with the two teams, the deal also secures Party exposure at other events hosted at Prudential Center Newark, and provides promotional opportunities related to those events.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
Any news on how much the deal is worth? Without knowing that detail I don't see how this is newsworthy from a Devils perspective. Obviously it is from a Party Poker perspective, but this isn't a gambling business forum.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad