Devils team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - season begins!

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
What are your thoughts on Dougie's powerplay role? Should he maintain the PP1 role as Luke acclimates and begins to settle in?

He's not going to stay on PP1. They're not setting him up for one-timers. He's perfect on PP2 where he and Timo can fire away.

Reactions: Deviled

Deviled

Oct 10, 2024
He's not going to stay on PP1. They're not setting him up for one-timers. He's perfect on PP2 where he and Timo can fire away.
I also felt that Colliton seems to have them playing more below and inside the dots. Perhaps its too small a sample size; but Dougie's lack of foot speed doesnt seem fitting for this 'new' setup. His shooting lanes are being swallowed up

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
My two cents is that the new coach will quickly learn about Dougie's strengths and weaknesses.

He is not built for OT hockey (unless Devils have an OT power play). He doesn't have the skating required. He also doesn't have the defensive instincts to play penalty kill. Keefe will learn this and eventually won't put him out in these situations.

It's gonna be Dougie until Luke gets into game shape, Keefe also has played Siegs in OT this year which is a bit weird and we saw Pesce last night v the Isles. Leafs fans said he had weird lineup choices in OT if I remember correctly

Reactions: Whaddagoal

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
Overplayed but he'll fit better once the top 4 is more solidified. Dougie and him need to stop being a thing because Dougie is legit bad right now and needs to fix his game. Don't think Dillon can carry top 4 defensive abilities and he wasn't brought here for that.
Wow this is pretty much exactly what I was going to answer.

I like his game and he's a good addition but not stapled to Dougie and not getting top pairing minutes

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad