Devils team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - season begins!

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
I just don't understand excuses like this.

Sure, they may need some games to start getting points (for Luke, not expecting that from Pesce). They don't need a few games to actually look like a hockey player. Just some weird thinking.

If they need a few games to start caring, to not look like a pewee player handling the puck, and to remember what defense is...we've got far bigger problems
I disagree with you. They need to get some mileage in actual games. That is all that was said. History of NHL hockey has shown this to be true. I truly don't know where you are coming from.

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Yes, there are very few cases (even though it's happened) where a player comes back from an injury and immediately puts up points. I'd argue though the majority of players are able to come back and play a smart, simple game. I'm not taking this injury as an excuse for bad play
Please stop while you are where you are. Don't add more ....to this. Thanks

Reactions: My3Sons

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
1729713635605.gif

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
Each game send out 18 sociopaths and by mid season they'd be the best team in the league since the star players on the other teams would all be dead.

Haha well, not exactly what I’m saying, but that works too.

They’re just getting out-gamed right now

Reactions: My3Sons

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Haha well, not exactly what I’m saying, but that works too.

They’re just getting out-gamed right now
They added Dillon, Kovacevic, Cotter, and returned a healthy Bastian and not one of them did anything after Bratt got hit high. This after Hamilton tried to castrate Tkachuck. I was disappointed. If you want to win you brain guys because there is either no punishment or coincidental minors when one guy gets carted off in a casket. What's the point of all that "physicality" if they will only use it when it's convenient?

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
The league is so damn competitive that not every game will be one where the team cruises to victory but there needs to be games like that here and there sprinkled into the season. Kind of like the Utah game. Detroit squeaked a 1 to 0 road win over the Islanders where they were out shot like 30 to 11. The Devils need to make a statement win on the road tmrw night.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad