Devils team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - season begins!

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
There is nothing clouding my judgement as I’ve been one of his strongest defenders. Palat’s value to the team is currently 0.00. The hypothetical buyout being discussed is happening if Palat doesn’t increase his level of play, I assume? He was fine last year, this year he’s been beyond pathetic.

He won’t be on the roster next year if he doesn’t improve. And I don’t see a trade happening given his contract and clauses.

Palat is a fine middle 6 winger.

If Palat's production and analytics came from a guy making 1.5 mill or even 3 mill (again, you are basically suggesting he is worth LESS than 1.5 mill by suggesting a buyout), you would be esctatic.

Reactions: Devilsfan118

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
Palat is a fine middle 6 winger.

If Palat's production and analytics came from a guy making 1.5 mill or even 3 mill (again, you are basically suggesting he is worth LESS than 1.5 mill by suggesting a buyout), you would be esctatic.

Palat was a fine middle 6 winger last season. It's unclear if he is still that.

Anyway the most likely way out of this is perma-LTIR. If he is through, it's rare that a player with a decade of competent play shows up to camp finished at age 33 and the reason isn't some sort of injury.

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
Easily the biggest difference so far this year is they don’t give up multiple odd man rushes every f***ing game like last year. In seven games so far I think I can count the amount on one hand. Last year they gave up pretty much a handful every single game. It was one of the most embarrassing things I’d ever seen as a devils fan.

Lindy’s coaching and “system” was straight junk, I think it’s pretty much undeniable at this point.

Ad

Ad

Ad