Devils team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - season begins!

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Hard pass...

Screenshot_20241018_143802_Gmail.jpg

NJDfan86

Dec 29, 2021
Things xG can’t capture for $500, Alex.

19 xGA seems better than 22.19 xGA, no? Seems like the defensive change is being adequately captured.

If we are going to go advanced stat truther already we might want to wait until the evidence actually lines up with your quip.

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Jan 24, 2007
Looking ahead, we’re almost certainly buying out the final two years of Palats contract this offseason, right?

Shame he ended up being such a flop.
Looks headed in that direction, this is the hit:

1729281981615.png

I can see the FO deciding that's more desirable than whatever it would cost to dump him, and the buyout hit is not a complete nonstarter.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Wow! I can't wait to get my RWJBarnabas Health Patch™️!

said literally no one ever

You joke but you know there's gonna be some weirdos getting this patch put on simply because the players wear them so at least kudos to the team for not charging season ticket holders who actually want it lol

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
You joke but you know there's gonna be some weirdos getting this patch put on simply because the players wear them so at least kudos to the team for not charging season ticket holders who actually want it lol

But what if the jersey is autographed? Then I have to buy an old jersey on eBay, go and get the patch put on that jersey, take it home and cut the patch off, and attach it on the autographed version.

Oh wait, what am I talking about. You would just put a piece of duct tape over the autograph, get the patch put on, and then very carefully peel the duct tape back off. Easy peasy.

devilsfan950003

Jul 3, 2023
Just need to wait to see Playoff P again, that's where his contract will look like a steal!
Palat's salary is going to be difficult to dump. Would have to throw in prospects and picks.

He may play on the fourth line, he's a good forechecker with some grit. He's an overpriced fourth liner that's for certain. However, keep him there until he proves he deserves a promotion. If injuries hit, he could be placed in the top six. Hopefully, when they enter the playoffs that's when he shines.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad