Devils team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - season begins!

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Why? The window has definitely closed.

They look better on paper this year than last year, but last year on paper they looked like they probably should have finished with 80-85 points. Especially with Ovechkin not scoring 40-50 goals last year.

They way overachieved last year. That window slammed shut several years ago. They’re just patch working at this point to keep it competitive while Ovechkin is still playing.

They haven’t won a single playoff round since the 2018 Stanley Cup Finals. Them and the Pens are cooked. The Pens haven’t won a round since 2018 either. Only the Pens missed two years in a row, while the Caps missed one year and made it the next.
The caps are not a bottom 7 team rn. That dcore is legit one of the best in the NHL.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The caps are not a bottom 7 team rn. That dcore is legit one of the best in the NHL.
Who said anything about a bottom 7 team? I said they weren't that good. I could see them finishing with 95 points, but I could also see them finishing with 85 points. Is 85 points bottom 7? Last year I could have seen the joke roster they iced finishing with 80 points. Was that bottom 7 last year? They look improved this year. The problem was they overachieved by quite a lot last year.

And for as good as their D may be, their offense was horrific last year. I think it was bottom-2 or 3. It may be slightly improved this year.

Your problem with that graph seemed to be they had the Capitals as having their window shut. How hasn't their window shut? And you're saying ''Not a bottom 7 team''. Did that chart say or imply they were a bottom 7 team? I'm not saying it didn't, I just may have missed it if it did.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Who said anything about a bottom 7 team? I said they weren't that good. I could see them finishing with 95 points, but I could also see them finishing with 85 points. Is 85 points bottom 7? Last year I could have seen the joke roster they iced finishing with 80 points. Was that bottom 7 last year? They look improved this year. The problem was they overachieved by quite a lot last year.

And for as good as their D may be, their offense was horrific last year. I think it was bottom-2 or 3. It may be slightly improved this year.

Your problem with that graph seemed to be they had the Capitals as having their window shut. How hasn't their window shut? And you're saying ''Not a bottom 7 team''. Did that chart say or imply they were a bottom 7 team? I'm not saying it didn't, I just may have missed it if it did.
the Caps are relying a lot on 34 year old Carlson and 390 year old Ovy. If those guys fall off the Caps will as well unless they get similar overachievement from the goalies this season.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
the Caps are relying a lot on 34 year old Carlson and 390 year old Ovy. If those guys fall off the Caps will as well unless they get similar overachievement from the goalies this season.
Kuemper stunk there last season, but he's old and washed up. Playing Thompson where Kuemper would have played is a win, but they had to pick up the great PLD and his contract to rid themselves of Kuemper.

And Lindgren really overachieved there last year.

Speaking of Lindgren, I wonder if his next contract will be like what Daccord just got.

Reactions: My3Sons

Brovalchuk

Dec 8, 2011
Any advice tonight in net fellas? I drafted Sway and threw him on IR in my fantasy league. He's starting tonight. Should I let him marinate on IR or bring him back. My struggle is trusting my other two tonight instead. Help

Attachments

• Screenshot_20241010_141057_Fantasy.jpg
    Screenshot_20241010_141057_Fantasy.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 1

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
Any advice tonight in net fellas? I drafted Sway and threw him on IR in my fantasy league. He's starting tonight. Should I let him marinate on IR or bring him back. My struggle is trusting my other two tonight instead. Help
I'd say stay with Markstrom, I know it seems bias but with if you add up all the stats and figure it out, the more people rooting against the Leafs the better.

Reactions: My3Sons and HBK27

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024

The chart has them 7th last in the "present rating" section

Only Chi, SJS, CBJ, Anaheim, Utah, and Philly further left (worse present rating).

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The chart has them 7th last in the "present rating" section

Only Chi, SJS, CBJ, Anaheim, Utah, and Philly further left (worse present rating).
Ahh, alright.

I can see them being anywhere from 15th-20th. Maybe 13th-20th.

There's a sect of people (not a large one or anything) that are kind of high on Utah. Maybe because they've made some nice improvements, combined with the fact that it's stable ownership and not the joke that it constantly was in Arizona.

I'm not that high on them, but I'm not as confident that they'll be bad this year as I was last year.

Philly was another overachiever last year. Probably should have been a bottom 5 team and they only missed the playoffs by a few points. They also overachieved to start the 22-23 season out of the gate, but they fell off much sooner that season than they did last season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad