Devils team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - season begins!

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Enjoy ‘retirement’ Fat Mike.
I saw something that just broke the other day (after the NOFX finale) that Hopeless Records is going to buy Fat Wreck, which Mike still owns with his first wife.

That's gotta be worth a couple or few million, if I had to guess. Between that and the museum in Vegas (does he have a main ownership stake in that?) he's probably set for life.

As long as he still isn't spending several thousand a day on coke anymore.

The other members probably aren't all that set up for life. The one dude (drummer?) shapes surfboards and has been doing that for a while. I read him say somewhere that he even drove doing uber eats during the pandemic, because he didn't have enough money to retire if he wanted to. Maybe that's changed in the last 3 years they started to play shows again.

Reactions: Poppy Whoa Sonnet

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Jan 24, 2007
I saw something that just broke the other day (after the NOFX finale) that Hopeless Records is going to buy Fat Wreck, which Mike still owns with his first wife.

That's gotta be worth a couple or few million, if I had to guess. Between that and the museum in Vegas (does he have a main ownership stake in that?) he's probably set for life.

The other members probably aren't all that set up for life. The one dude (drummer?) shapes surfboards and has been doing that for a while. I read him say somewhere that he even drove doing uber eats during the pandemic, because he didn't have enough money to retire if he wanted to. Maybe that's changed in the last 3 years they started to play shows again.
There was some ny times article I think about their “retirement” and it was clear only Fat Mike was retiring, everyone else still had bills to pay and was gonna work.

Reactions: Bleedred

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012

I snagged one of his autographed skateboards a month or so ago at at one of their last shows, had a weird face on it I had no idea was associated with his brand until I saw it on his kick drum on his their last show they just played and made the connection.

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
There was some ny times article I think about their “retirement” and it was clear only Fat Mike was retiring, everyone else still had bills to pay and was gonna work.

I've also saw people say that they were still gonna record and make new music, just no more live shows? I don't follow them too closely. They're not one of my favorite bands. They're okay. They're better than the 100 bands (mostly from Southern California) that sound like them, many of whom became huge. When I first heard Blink 182 I thought it was NOFX.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad